Being a Black QB; It Must be Tough

Rob's House

Perception of Black QBs  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think race affects black QBs?

• It's like Jim Crow out there
    • There may be a little more scrutiny on them
    • Teams are just concerned with winning
    • They often get a pass by media types who don't want to offend

Racism works both ways.... I am white and I know plenty of black or Hispanic people who hate white people...

Where is her article on white WR's or RB's?

Just look at TO's recent "fast for a white guy" comment for evidence that crackers don't get a fair shot at the other skilled positions.

TO realty said that? That's like saying he is pretty smart for a black guy......

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jemele Hill is one of the most worthless writers I have ever seen. She gets paid to race-bait.

Yep. I remember a column she wrote after Lebron James appeared on the front of a magazine in something of a "beast warrior" pose. Supposedly it was racist, because the magazine was subliminally presenting him as King Kong.

The broadcast crew of the Eagles game last week was ready to lay down and make love to Michael Vick, who is a dark skinned brother with a criminal record. That crew included Steve Young, a member of the most crackity-ass cracker church in the world.

This article is complete BS. Besides, everybody knows that Jimmy the Greek was right: black folks are better athletes than white folks. It's not 'racist' in the hateful sense of the word. It's just a race-based observation that is proven true every night in sports arenas all over the world.

Jamele Hill is Jason Whitlock with titties.

Here's what it boils down to:

Racism is still alive. It's not like it used to be, but it's still there in America. There are many Bills fans who wouldn't really support a black quarterback and/or coach. It's one thing to have black receivers/running backs, but it's another thing to put a black man in charge. Some view black people as not intelligent enough to play QB. Also, some view black people as too lazy to put in the extra effort required to be a top QB.

Personally, I don't think it is a big problem these days. You see lots of black QB prospects in college these days, as well.

Conversely, I will go ahead and say that I feel blacks tend to make better running backs than whites. I don't believe this is a harmful racial stereotype, I just think it is a reality of life.

Racism is still alive. It's not like it used to be, but it's still there in America. There are many Bills fans who wouldn't really support a black quarterback and/or coach. It's one thing to have black receivers/running backs, but it's another thing to put a black man in charge. Some view black people as not intelligent enough to play QB. Also, some view black people as too lazy to put in the extra effort required to be a top QB.

Personally, I don't think it is a big problem these days. You see lots of black QB prospects in college these days, as well.

No one in their right mind would say that Racism does not exist. It will ALWAYS exist. It is human nature and instinct, to not like or trust something that is different than you. Thankfully, we have come a long way as a species and society and it is far less prevalent than it used to be.

That being said, I am sure there would be some people out there that wouldnt like the Bills to have a black coach or QB. There are always a few misguided apples in the bunch. But as long as they are the small minority, we're ok.

HOWEVER, for a city that elected a black Mayor, in a country that elected a black President, I dont believe you would get a riot worthy backlash against a black QB or Coach.

Ah, screw it. I'm tired of veiled accusations thrown at me, as a white boy, of racism.

So you know what? I finally admit it. I'm keeping the black QB down. I am personally responsible for benching not only Jason Campbell, but Donovan McNabb in the final 2 minutes of the Lions game - I personally called Shanny and told him "Coloreds can't run a two minute drill, since they've got their mind focused on the fried chicken and watermelon waiting for them after the game. So sit his lazy black ass." Hell, I'm the one who sent Warren Moon to the CFL. I am the very reason blacks can't catch a break at the QB position. I am The Man keeping them down.

Now that I've confessed, can we stop writing the stupid "Is there racism in the NFL" articles?

Ah, screw it. I'm tired of veiled accusations thrown at me, as a white boy, of racism.

So you know what? I finally admit it. I'm keeping the black QB down. I am personally responsible for benching not only Jason Campbell, but Donovan McNabb in the final 2 minutes of the Lions game - I personally called Shanny and told him "Coloreds can't run a two minute drill, since they've got their mind focused on the fried chicken and watermelon waiting for them after the game. So sit his lazy black ass." Hell, I'm the one who sent Warren Moon to the CFL. I am the very reason blacks can't catch a break at the QB position. I am The Man keeping them down.

Now that I've confessed, can we stop writing the stupid "Is there racism in the NFL" articles?

The fact that you threw in a little fried chicken and watermelon jab is quite telling as to the actual truth about your situation.

The fact that you threw in a little fried chicken and watermelon jab is quite telling as to the actual truth about your situation.

Never mind your inability to recognize sarcasm...THAT'S what you found offensive in all that?

You're an idiot. :lol:

There are many Bills fans who wouldn't really support a black quarterback and/or coach. It's one thing to have black receivers/running backs, but it's another thing to put a black man in charge.

What a stupid comment. You are an idiot.

not the first time Ms. Hill has written on this very subject is it?

I've seen Jemele on ESPN occasionally - she seems nice enough. But you're right. There is a entire cottage industry of African American sports reporters whose sole focus is to find a race-related angle to everything. Check some of Whitlock's stuff out sometime. It's a shame these few reporters have to rely on the same angle over and over again as a crutch, instead of doing some actual investigating.

What a stupid comment. You are an idiot.

KD, I don't think NaPolian is wrong...why is he an idiot? Well, at least in reference to this comment? I think most people here woudl accept a black head coach or QB for the Bills, but I think there is still a sizeable group of folks that wouldn't. Not just Bills fans, but NFL fans in general, as it relates to their team. Nobody posts it here, because they know they would get asmonshed profusely by other TBD'ers...but I am sure there are those who would have been petrified if the Bills had signed Michael Vick or hired Perry Fewell as their HC. And I don't think the crime Vick committed, or the "inexperience" of Fewell would have been the driving factors behind their objections.

I have a relative, who is white, who grew up loving the NBA, but now has no problem hating it, because it is a "n***er sport"...this same person swore he would never watch another Bills game if they signed Vick (and this is no dog lover) or hired Perry Fewell. It sounds vile, or crazy, but I don't think those sentiments are all that uncommon...the world of the internet, and the real world are two different things...I think it is pretty sad, and I would love to think it isn't true, but I think it is very true.

No one in their right mind would say that Racism does not exist. It will ALWAYS exist. It is human nature and instinct, to not like or trust something that is different than you. Thankfully, we have come a long way as a species and society and it is far less prevalent than it used to be.

That being said, I am sure there would be some people out there that wouldnt like the Bills to have a black coach or QB. There are always a few misguided apples in the bunch. But as long as they are the small minority, we're ok.

HOWEVER, for a city that elected a black Mayor, in a country that elected a black President, I dont believe you would get a riot worthy backlash against a black QB or Coach.

Progress has been made to be sure, but I don't think you can necessarily draw that conclusion from those facts. The people who voted in those elections have different motivations for voting, than those who enjoy football as one of their past times.

You're the rotten bastard that told Vince Young it would be a great idea to throw his pads into the stands!!! I hate you, Archie Bunker!

I guess the Bills did the equivalent of lynching Trent Edwards.

Or lynching M. Lynch....seriously folks why is this even a topic discussion? But some of the responses is alarming, how many white QB's have been benched and is that racism....REALLY. NOT SURPRISED ONE BIT!!!!

I REFUSE TO GO TIT FOR TAC, ESP ON ANY MESSAGE BOARD. TOO MANY EDUCATED MINDS AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT PLAY THOSE GAMES.

SOLVE THE PROBLEM...A FRIEND

"You know when it comes to racism, people say, 'I don't care if they're black, white, purple, or green.' Uh, hold on now- purple people? You gotta draw the line somewhere. To hell with purple people!"

-Mitch Hedberg, the greatest stand up comedian of all-time

This is quite offensive to me! Some of my best friends are purple.

Conversely, I will go ahead and say that I feel blacks tend to make better running backs than whites. I don't believe this is a harmful racial stereotype, I just think it is a reality of life.

So, saying blacks aren't smart enough to play QB is racist, but saying they are far superior athletes to whites is not?

Clearly, the author is racist. I'm never thinking about race when I come to this site or any other site any other situation, for that matter. I see all sorts of stories about all sort of things and race is never on my mind until some jerk decides to bring it up. In my experience, the person who FIRST interjects race into any discussion or topic, *IS* the racist. Just listen to NPR or watch public television and it's the same thing. They are always talking about race. IMO, that hints that THEY are in fact the racists.

Clearly, the author is racist. I'm never thinking about race when I come to this site or any other site any other situation, for that matter. I see all sorts of stories about all sort of things and race is never on my mind until some jerk decides to bring it up. In my experience, the person who FIRST interjects race into any discussion or topic, *IS* the racist. Just listen to NPR or watch public television and it's the same thing. They are always talking about race. IMO, that hints that THEY are in fact the racists.

Amen bro! You nailed it!