Steve Johnson is one TD away...

Coach Klein

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I really like about Stevie (other then total respect for a "pull himself up by his own bootstraps mentality" is he has a real awareness on the field and you can see it.......he will be catching the ball and already planning his next move This sometimes hurts him as he drops some balls....but where it helps him is he is looking for the angle of the closest defender on him and he already is thinking how he is going to move to beat him.

Its hard not to like a guy like Stevie Johnston

Stevie has demonstrated this season that he has that intangible knack for getting open. The guy isn't the fastest WR in the world, but he's been great at getting separation. Something that is HUGE, and all the greats can do it.

What are the odds that Lee Evans gets traded in the off season, it seems that there is a suitable replacment in Johnson already on the roster. Just a thought.

Why trade him away? can never have too many good recievers. even if Evans isn't having a good season, we all know the talent is there.

Stevie has demonstrated this season that he has that intangible knack for getting open. The guy isn't the fastest WR in the world, but he's been great at getting separation. Something that is HUGE, and all the greats can do it.

Steve Johnson + Fitz = That's what I'm talkin' about, bitches! A passing offense!

Why trade him away? can never have too many good recievers. even if Evans isn't having a good season, we all know the talent is there.

Exactly. I know a lot of people will say we should cut Evans because he is overpaid. Yes, he is. But a major reason Stevie is killing it this year is because Lee Evans still attracts a lot of rolling coverage from other teams. Fitzy is the main reason Stevie/Roscoe had great years, but Lee Evans is equally important in some regard.

I think one day we ought to start a thread linking to everyone's prior threads where we begged Jauron to start Steve Johnson. I know I started about five of those threads myself.

Everybody was right about Stevie Johnson besides Dick Jauron. He was a fan favorite by the end of 2008. Why Jauron/Turk/Van Pelt hid him away afterwards is beyond me.

Johnson has been great. At the same time I am so sick of Lee Evans not trying it is ridiculous. He never fought to come back for the ball on the INT that Fitz threw his way. Coach needs to bench this slug for a game or two to make the same statement to him that he is making to Maybin. And his defenders on this Board can no longer claim he is not posting numbers because of the QB....Fitz is playing as well as any QB in the league.

Lay off of Lee Jumby. He's one of the best #2 receivers in the league. He's getting 9 mil/ year to stretch the field, not catch balls. Duh!

Everybody was right about Stevie Johnson besides Dick Jauron. He was a fan favorite by the end of 2008. Why Jauron/Turk/Van Pelt hid him away afterwards is beyond me.

You could say the same thing about Jabari Greer and Fred Jackson.

Best part is the message he showed on his t-shirt for TO and #85. A Joker reference to Batman and Robin. "Why So Serious?" And it was great watching TO and #85 totally PO'd at the end. When was the last time we had a player like that who actually outplayed and outsmarted a team like that? All TO had in is bag was a goal post dunk. Every highlight reel should show that message from Johnson. Most people probably don't get it. That was awesome!

Johnson has been great. At the same time I am so sick of Lee Evans not trying it is ridiculous. He never fought to come back for the ball on the INT that Fitz threw his way. Coach needs to bench this slug for a game or two to make the same statement to him that he is making to Maybin. And his defenders on this Board can no longer claim he is not posting numbers because of the QB....Fitz is playing as well as any QB in the league.

Best part is that the Bills have Marcus Easley coming off of injury. He was supposedly having a good training camp before the injury.

Just returned home from the game at Paul Brown... Evans is still drawing the coverage (still gets frequent doubles) and did again today. Yet when singled up, I don't see him beating the single coverage as often as Johnson, at least not today.

Johnson has been playing great, no doubt (if there was for me, it's gone now), yet he still gets to roam free quite often. He seems to find the holes in zones and when manned up, he's beating the coverage. One thing for sure, he's playing with a lot of confidence and playing very well.

Do any of you remember that Steve Johnson was benched this year for Roscoe Parrish around game three because he was not producing at all? And that is when he started to make some plays?

Right now I love the guy, and he is getting open and making plays at a ridiculous level. There is a very good chance he'll break the all-time team record for TDs in a year.

BUT...

This a the most perfect example of why it is a team game, Stevie Johnson is playing brilliantly right now. But he wouldn't be without Fitz, and he wouldn't be with Evans getting double teamed, and he wouln't be without Gailey designing and calling plays to utilize his talents. But this is a great example of how and why talent plus scheme plus coaching becomes success. A guy cannot succeed without other guys doing their jobs.