with the #2 pick in the 2011 draft the buffalo bills pick?

superbills315

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade down.

It is the absolute most common sense thing to do.

This team has so many needs to fill. More high end picks will fill some of them.

Trade down.

say we ended up in spot 3-5...would you trade the pick to the pats for the raiders pick and the carolina pick that the pats have? it would be about 15 and 33 give or take how the raiders end up...this would give us 3 pick in the top 35

Yeah, Fairley is a monster, and would be a great addition to this defense. I also like Marcel Dareus. A lot of people thing pass rushing OLB should be our top priority, but I just don't see us taking one with our first round pick (assuming we are picking in the top 5). I definitely think beefing up our D-line is the top priority.

I agree, no way do they pick a linebacker with the first. The Bills should go...

1st pick...big DE

2nd pick...big OL

3rd pick...outside LB

I think with that 3rd round pick (mid 60s?), they should be able to find a very good prospect to compete with our current starters and even Maybin. Some times it takes young guys longer time to mature and get adjusted to the NFL. It took Stevie Johnson 3 years to finally make it, I hope they give Maybin one more year to prove himself a player.

If Mallet is around in second round, grab him.

I would not worry about that too much...If he finishes out the season strong and does OK in his Workouts and Interviews Mallett will be a Top 10 Pick, probably Top 5...He's a 6-6 QB with a cannon arm who has improved every year in College...Some Team is going to take him high... B-)

now that it looks like Carolina will be picking number 1, :oops: who do we take if they draft luck? do we try to trade down? or take the best d-line player or tackle? :wallbash:

We dont take a QB in round #1. Get that out of your head. We dont need a first rounder in that spot.

Nick Fairley, Robert Quinn, Da'Quan Bowers or Marcell Dareus. There doesn't appear to currently be an OT at the top of the draft board.

On Quinn ... that guy just looks like he belongs in the NFL doesn't he? Just Sick, fast strong, quick. He does the best Bruce Smith impersonation I have ever seen at 270 Lbs barreling around the corner or bull rushing his way over a LT... Sick

WHAT? Tell me who we are going to beat to win 2 or 3 more games? We won't beat Cincinnati this weekend.

Kool Aid drinker.

We will beat some of the following teams, and not all of the following teams:

CIN, PIT, MIN, CLE, MIA, NE, NYJ

:)

A lot can happen in football games, and you would not have thought we would have been in Overtime with the Ravens.

Cincinnati: a bad team playing below their talent, and a lot can happen.

Steelers: they got crushed by NE showing vulnerability, but us winning that road game is unlikely

Minnesota: With all that is going on for that team, the likely QB change, anything can happen, but stopping Peterson and winning in the dome doesn't seem too likely

Cleveland: I guess you are drinking the Kool Aid yourself here. Seems like a fun surprising team that is playing well, but who knows where they will be in a month....

Miami: Their QB situation makes anything possible, and I don't think they were a great team before their injuries. I like our chances here.

NE: Nope, barring a miracle or them resting people, and the division is close enough that that won't be happening. I will still watch the game and hope.

NYJ: Who knows what the week 17 situation is. We beat the Colts last year because of circumstance. If they are resting people and we are playing well and starting to come together this isn't that unlikely.

So you seem pretty sure we won't win two more games by your response. I appreciate your pessimism. It has been a hard decade. But I don't think you should gamble any money you can't lose.

I think Sunday will say a lot.

If we lose Sunday it will be likely we don't do any better than 3-13, and I think only Carolina and Detroit would have a chance to do that, meaning we would be a top 3 pick.

If we win Sunday, we are in position to be a 4-12 or better team, and would push down Cincy, so I think we likely would be picking 4th or lower.

I don't see Carolina winning another game (but will root for them), so I see us at 2-3 if we lose to Cincy and 4-6 if we beat them. Fortunately there are a lot of teams that will get to 5-6 wins and stay ahead of us no matter what we do.

Have you watched him play? I don't have faith in this guy at all. He seems like he's high on draft boards, but from all the film i've seen on him I don't understand it. That being said, if we take him and he plays well, I'll happily eat crow

+1

If they ended up somewhere between #2-6 I wouldn't mind them trading down 6-10 slots and pick up an extra #2 (presumably still in the top 50). I know many may hate that because that puts the BIlls in their customary 10-15 slot, but they can either get Ryan Mallet around 15 or the best big player there (OL or DL/LB). With two 2nds they may have a QB fall (ideally like Drew Brees did in the Vick/Tomlinson year)or they emerge with an OT, DL and LB with their 3 picks. That sets them up to take the best athlete available from rounds 3-7.

Who knows, with a couple of free agents, development of the young guys like Troup and Carrington and 3 decent picks in the top 50 maybe they become respectable. Even though they're 1-8 they look like a professional team, they don't squander timeouts, they look like they know what they're doing in the 2 minute drill, etc. I'm not talking playoffs here but quantum leap improvement.

I think this is right. In order - OLB/pass rusher - RT - ILB - DE. If Mallet is around in second round, grab him. If not, get some studs who can do more than pump iron and run fast. We need big, strong guys who can play football.

It seems to me that a high priority should be on a space-eating DT..to stop the run! How could that be left out?? That is probably the biggest flaw of many.

If there is a stud DE or OLB that is head and shoulders above everyone else, that is the direction the Bills should be looking, regardless if Luck comes out or not. Defense wins championships and the Bills D is extremely weak all the way across the front 7. I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted the first 3 or 4 rounds in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

The kid from the Tar Heels might be a consideration for DE. I am sure between now and after the combines, there will be a couple of players that jump out above the rest.

QB would be a necessary pick if the Bills had stuck with Edwards but right now, its a need, just not an absolute necessity in the top 5. The Bills need a playmaker(s) on defense and that is about as glaring as it will get. Another Bruce Smith type of player would be nice.

It seems to me that a high priority should be on a space-eating DT..to stop the run! How could that be left out?? That is probably the biggest flaw of many.

Clearly you have never heard of Kyle Williams. He is taking on double teams, and absolutely destroying interior linemen this year. Not to mention we drafted Troup in the 2nd last year.

Clearly you have never heard of Kyle Williams. He is taking on double teams, and absolutely destroying interior linemen this year. Not to mention we drafted Troup in the 2nd last year.

That is probably the strongest part of the defense. Williams and Troup make a nice tandem and each has their own niche. Nothing against Stroud but he is a converted 4-3 under tackle trying to play a strong side, pass rushing end in a 3-4. It's not his gig and that is obvious. I believe that Stroud would be rotated to LDE next year and splitting time with Carrington and the Bills will draft a pass rushing RDE very high in the draft and compliment him with a pass rushing OLB to shore up the front 7either from the draft, free agency or Merriman if he is able to come back from his troubles and resigns with the Bills.

I think this is right. In order - OLB/pass rusher - RT - ILB - DE. If Mallet is around in second round, grab him. If not, get some studs who can do more than pump iron and run fast. We need big, strong guys who can play football.

no way mallett makes it to the second round!

We will beat some of the following teams, and not all of the following teams:

CIN, PIT, MIN, CLE, MIA, NE, NYJ

:)

A lot can happen in football games, and you would not have thought we would have been in Overtime with the Ravens.

Cincinnati: a bad team playing below their talent, and a lot can happen.

Steelers: they got crushed by NE showing vulnerability, but us winning that road game is unlikely

Minnesota: With all that is going on for that team, the likely QB change, anything can happen, but stopping Peterson and winning in the dome doesn't seem too likely

Cleveland: I guess you are drinking the Kool Aid yourself here. Seems like a fun surprising team that is playing well, but who knows where they will be in a month....

Miami: Their QB situation makes anything possible, and I don't think they were a great team before their injuries. I like our chances here.

NE: Nope, barring a miracle or them resting people, and the division is close enough that that won't be happening. I will still watch the game and hope.

NYJ: Who knows what the week 17 situation is. We beat the Colts last year because of circumstance. If they are resting people and we are playing well and starting to come together this isn't that unlikely.

So you seem pretty sure we won't win two more games by your response. I appreciate your pessimism. It has been a hard decade. But I don't think you should gamble any money you can't lose.

I think Sunday will say a lot.

If we lose Sunday it will be likely we don't do any better than 3-13, and I think only Carolina and Detroit would have a chance to do that, meaning we would be a top 3 pick.

If we win Sunday, we are in position to be a 4-12 or better team, and would push down Cincy, so I think we likely would be picking 4th or lower.

I don't see Carolina winning another game (but will root for them), so I see us at 2-3 if we lose to Cincy and 4-6 if we beat them. Fortunately there are a lot of teams that will get to 5-6 wins and stay ahead of us no matter what we do.

The Steeler game is in Buffalo...that being said, still think we'll lose.

The only "winnable" games I really see here are Cincy and Miami. I say we win one of them to finish 2-14...that'll be good enough for probably #2, maybe even #1, if Carolina pulls out a couple (they've still got the seahawks and cardinals on their schedule)