We need your help!

SDS

More mods won't solve the problem, it'll take them away from contributing as much as they do.

Find the top 100 or 150 posters, by whatever variables that is, and start a separate invite-only board with those people and let it grow into the place this place can never be. Have one board where those who aren't going to flame, be snippy, act like idiots and generally be a menace, can go and have legit discussions. Any discursive attitudes you get cut out. There is a Red Sox board just like it for just the same reason.

The attitudes here have spoiled my own attitude and how I respond!

why dont you find 1-2 friends and start that site. your idea is laughable.

and no im not trying to pick a fight. its just not a good suggestion. plain and simple.

dont let another poster ruin your attitude and how you respond. what???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll straighten these rat bastards out.

we frown upon the use secret police, propaganda, terror tactics and elimination of criticism of the regime to maintain our power, Saddam. We will consider your application when the political winds turn in the direction of totalitarianism. :pirate:

Ok, we added 6 new Global Moderators. There are a few more I wanted to add, but I want to wait and see if this is enough. We had a tremendous response in this thread and by PM... The new mods are:

Jack

Beerball

BuffaloBill

Chandler#81

bartshan-83

Sisyphean Bills

I could have easily added another 10, but decided to stop there for now. Hopefully this will give us a more active presence where if the tone is always set - then others can follow. We will have more guidelines to follow, so that everyone will know what is and what is no longer acceptable.

Although not set in stone - the basic rule will be somewhat along the lines of - "Write your response like you are talking face to face to someone MUCH bigger than you." :)

More to come...

Ok, we added 6 new Global Moderators. There are a few more I wanted to add, but I want to wait and see if this is enough. We had a tremendous response in this thread and by PM... The new mods are:

Jack

I thank you and the rest of the staff for allowing me this opportunity.

Thanks for stepping up everyone. We have a pretty good list to sort through. Maybe we go with more five... Might as well show up to a knife fight with Tomahawk cruise missile. :)

Great. Bigger government. :ph34r:

Though I'm moderately interested, I'm busy campaigning for lesser at a much larger scale. :beer:

Jack

Beerball

BuffaloBill

Chandler#81

bartshan-83

Sisyphean Bills

I could have easily added another 10, but decided to stop there for now. Hopefully this will give us a more active presence where if the tone is always set - then others can follow. We will have more guidelines to follow, so that everyone will know what is and what is no longer acceptable.

Although not set in stone - the basic rule will be somewhat along the lines of - "Write your response like you are talking face to face to someone MUCH bigger than you." :)

More to come...

Sounds good to me.....but no Cablelady or Promo? Maybe they will be in the next round of additional moderators.