So, would you trade the #1 overall pick next year for Vick?

Heitz

The post was fine the way it was. I'm so sick of all these cliches that braindead commentators and fans use to justify their love affair with Vick.

"He's served his time." "Everyone deserves a second chance." "He's paid his debt."

That's crap. Vick electrocuted puppies. He stole household beagles from his neighborhood, using them as bait dogs and duct-taping their jaws together while putting them in a ring against pit bulls. He drowned dogs whose only sin was being too friendly to fight. Anyone who could perform these heinous acts doesn't have a decent bone in his body. He possesses an innate evil that cannot be cured by incarceration. There is no rehabilitating wicked. Vick is human garbage. May he burn in hell.

And what you need to do my friend is read St. Matthew ch 7:1-5. And because of that last statement you made, you will find yourself doing just that! What do you hold in your heart?? Think about it! God bless you!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SLAP!

Now get the hell out of here.

:pirate:

+1

And what you need to do my friend is read St. Matthew ch 7:1-5. And because of that last statement you made, you will find yourself doing just that! What do you hold in your heart?? Think about it! God bless you!

Really?

Just listening to LaConforta talk about Vick next year - he said he'll most likely be franchised (to the tune of $20+MM for a year) and someone will give him a huge contract. I think it would be hard for the Eagles to let him go, but the #1 overall is pretty good trade bait...

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

Right now, I'm still of the "build through the draft" philosophy, but Vick running our O would be scary.

My opinion, worth what anyone here paid for it: we need dominant players on the DL way more than we need Michael Vick

So, No.

This thread reminds me of those that wanted to Bills to make a play for Tom Brady after he won his first Super Bowl on the idea that the Patriots would go back to Bledsoe. Maybe history repeats itself and the Bills make a deal to get Kevin Kolb.

i would like to see us make a trade for kolb and brent celek. maybe package some picks together

Really stupid proposition.

Think of it from the other direction. Why would the Eagles want to pay $50+ million to an unproven Kallage Kid when they're in the cat-bird seat right now?

Or, if we had Vick right now and the Eagles had the #1 pick in the Draft, how motivated would YOU be to trade with them?

SLAP!

Now get the hell out of here.

:pirate:

This!

If the Bills trade the 1st overall, it should be for a trade down to acquire more high caliber draft picks. I.E. 1st over all for a 17 to 25 1st rounder and 2 early second rounders, 33 to 40. Thats the only way they should trade that pick. Grab those for depth, we can always grab another top 10 pick after the following season to continue the rebuild.

But Vick is not the answer for Buffalo, not even close.

Just listening to LaConforta talk about Vick next year - he said he'll most likely be franchised (to the tune of $20+MM for a year) and someone will give him a huge contract. I think it would be hard for the Eagles to let him go, but the #1 overall is pretty good trade bait...

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

Right now, I'm still of the "build through the draft" philosophy, but Vick running our O would be scary.

Vick is THAT good. I'd trade a 1st and a 3rd and a 5th. He's a game-changer, you go out of your way for that.

It has nothing to do with anyone's "love affair" with Vick. He did some awful stuff (and it was to animals and not humans. If if did that stuff to humans he's still be in jail and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he was tried, convicted and sent to prison. It was a real jail -- not one of these day spas that are reserved for white-collar criminals. He seems to be changed by the experience, so I say he deserves a second chance. From my perch, you sound like someone from the Spanish Inquisition or the Salem witch trials. It's not for us to decide who should burn in hell. That is in the hands of a higher authority.

AMEN!

Wrong. The point is, I am a human being first and a Bills fan second. Of course I want the Bills to improve at the QB position, but not by any means possible. Having a deplorable monster quarterbacking the Bills, even if he could do so effectively, is not something I desire. At some point, you have to realize what you are cheering for, and I could never cheer for Vick, even if he led us to a Superbowl. If Hitler was a great quarterback, would you want him on the Bills?

I'm not comparing Hitler to Vick, but the principal is the same.

You're use of the word dumb certainly makes you sound like a highly intelligent person. :thumbdown:

Are you some kind of nutjob or a clueless tea-bagger?

Why would you even mention the worst mass murderer in history in the same sentence as Mike Vick?

Get a life and seek help from that pathetic, unforgiving spirit you possess.

Or better still, put in your two weeks at Burger King and go work for the SPCA!

Loser

Edited by sleaky72

AMEN!

Are you some kind of nutjob or a clueless tea-bagger?

Why would you even mention the worst mass murderer in history in the same sentence as Mike Vick?

Get a life and seek help from that pathetic, unforgiving spirit you possess.

Or better still, put in your two weeks at Burger King and go work for the SPCA!

Loser

Let me try and explain this to you, though I feel is may be the equivalent of teaching calculus to a monkey. A principle is defined as a basic law, truth, or assumption. Principle's are universally applicable.

Therefore, stealing 1,000,000 dollars from a bank or stealing a Bills ticket from your roomate would fall under the same basic principle; that taking something that is not yours without paying for it is wrong.

So, my point in invoking Hitler's name was NOT that the two are comparable in terms of their misdeeds or that they are similar in stature or importance. Rather, the principle-the same word I used in the post that you are not mentally capable of understanding- is that I value what is fundamentally right over my allegiance to a football team. So, I would not want my football team to sign a horrible person who has committed crimes... even if it would improve the performance level of the the Bills. Meaning, whether it is Michael Vick, Leonard Little, Ben Roethliserger, Jeffrey Dahmer, or ANYONE whom I felt was of extremely low moral turpitude, I would not want them on my football team. And yes, that would include Hitler.

Let me try and explain this to you, though I feel is may be the equivalent of teaching calculus to a monkey. A principle is defined as a basic law, truth, or assumption. Principle's are universally applicable.

Therefore, stealing 1,000,000 dollars from a bank or stealing a Bills ticket from your roomate would fall under the same basic principle; that taking something that is not yours without paying for it is wrong.

So, my point in invoking Hitler's name was NOT that the two are comparable in terms of their misdeeds or that they are similar in stature or importance. Rather, the principle-the same word I used in the post that you are not mentally capable of understanding- is that I value what is fundamentally right over my allegiance to a football team. So, I would not want my football team to sign a horrible person who has committed crimes... even if it would improve the performance level of the the Bills. Meaning, whether it is Michael Vick, Leonard Little, Ben Roethliserger, Jeffrey Dahmer, or ANYONE whom I felt was of extremely low moral turpitude, I would not want them on my football team. And yes, that would include Hitler.

+1

A young man here in San Antonio just got 8 years in Huntsville because he stole family pets (cats) and killed them. Vick stole family pets killed them and coordinated a gambling racket. He got 2 years. He's trash. I don't care if he breaks every record in the books and the Bills don't make the playoffs for 10 years. If the Bills acquired him I'd be done because my "high horse tea bagging" morals would never allow me to cheer for absolute filth. I don't understand how people can say he did his time and now we must forgive because he can throw a football. It's not my job to forgive, that's god's job. I wish this whole thing would have been prosecuted in Texas because I wouldn't have to see this sub human on an NFL field.

+1

A young man here in San Antonio just got 8 years in Huntsville because he stole family pets (cats) and killed them. Vick stole family pets killed them and coordinated a gambling racket. He got 2 years. He's trash. I don't care if he breaks every record in the books and the Bills don't make the playoffs for 10 years. If the Bills acquired him I'd be done because my "high horse tea bagging" morals would never allow me to cheer for absolute filth. I don't understand how people can say he did his time and now we must forgive because he can throw a football. It's not my job to forgive, that's god's job. I wish this whole thing would have been prosecuted in Texas because I wouldn't have to see this sub human on an NFL field.

Anyone who can do those atrocities to innocent animals is sub-human. It's sickening to hear all the commentators talk about the fact that he has changed. He's done nothing to demonstrate that he has changed as a person. He has NOT followed through with the Humane Society as a volunteer and a speaker. The one time he attempted it, he put his foot in his mouth by telling children about all the difficulties that HE'S gone through. He got caught up in another shooting last summer in which his co-conspirator from Bad Newz Kennelz was shot.

Yet commentators take the fact that he's learned how to play quarterback and somehow use that as proof that he has improved himself as a human being. And the brain dead masses accept it as true. Just ask this audience as to whether it's fair that he is now flourishing.

What is the point of debating this? It's not like the Eagles are trading Vick.

PTR

Seriously, I can't believe this thread is still going. You could already see where this was going from the start.

"Vick is horrible he killed and tortured doggies."

"Vick has changed, America is about second chances, its time to forgive."

"I don't care he killed doggies"

"He could help the Bills win."

"I don't care he killed doggies."

"You're dumb and unforgiving"

"No you're dumb and Vick is Evil."

"No you are"

"No you are"

:doh:

Vick is equally as likely to be a Buffalo Bill as the man that seems to be everywhere lately, Adolf Hitler.

Interesting topic (great job!)...Well I think conventional wisdom has shown that a 1st round QB pick in the draft is no assurance of success. We've proved that with J.P. Lossman. Of course their is your Ryan Leaf's...I'm not sure if Tim Couch was a first rounder or not. There have been many 1st rounders who have not panned out. Didn't the Raiders just get rid of one? (Forget his name..) Anyways, knowing all that I would still rather keep my first round pick then trade it off for Michael Vick. Vick isn't really a big guy for the positon..definitely not a Rothlesberg type height/weight wise. I would not be surprised to see Vick injured at some point in this season or next. He runs so much, and so far has endured some hard hits, but in the NFL you can only take so much of a pounding without eventually incurring an injury. Hopefully not the case, but realistically don't be too surprised!

I also realize Vick is no spring chicken and if he had four or less years remaining as an active player that wouldn't surprise me neither. I know he had some time (away) from football, but age is age and even though he isn't that old he's no 22 year old neither.

I don't think Vick (nor any QB we draft) would have the kind of success that Vick is having in Philadelphia, being a team game consisting of up front blocking plays a part in the success of Vick and Philadelphia's offensive success. Put Vick on this team and there is a dropoff in production.

I think that you keep this pick, and refrain the temptation to use it on Vick. (Not that the Eagles are a willing trade partner)..Going into the draft we will have the ability to draft just about any player or position we desire depending on which selection we have. Assuming that we have the first pick in the draft is a (hopefully) once in a decade opportunity to change the destiny of the Bills.

Not only could we land a potential hall of fame type player, but if the Bills decided to move down a few spots we could also pick up possibly an additional 2nd round pick by trading out of the position. This would not surprise me considering are owner's frugal nature. If Andrew Luck does not declare for the draft and stays in College I would definitely anticipate the Bills to trade out of the top spot and pickup extra picks! I can almost hear Buddy Nix's media statement. "We felt strongly as an organization that we need to address several positions on the roster, and in trading down to the 7th selection in the first round we feel that we will still select one of the players that we have been targeting, while having the good fortune of adding a additional 2nd round selection in this year's draft."

My only concern with the "Build through the draft" mentality is that it's paramount that an organization re-signs all their key free agents and avoiding losing them in free agency. The Bills in the past decade+ have not done well

in this key area, and in my opinion this has led to their continual "circle of self-destruction."

You cannot build through the draft if you keep plugging holes that you create in an already depleted roster filled with holes. Lets see, to name a few: Jabari Greer, Leonhard, Pat Williaims, Antwoine Smith, Nate Clements, and I'm sure you "out there" can name several more! We already have enough holes re-sign all your core players and draft very well and I'll believe in the organization once again!

But if you get cute and draft a CB, RB, or any positon of strength you are foolish..(which we've been)...also when

a player like Orakapo falls in your lap and you take Maybin instead it takes years to recover...etc...Hardy, McCargo, Maybin, Mike Williams, Eric Flowers, Whitner, Lossman, T. Edwars (next Montana!! lol)..

Prudent drafting could've landed us instead: Hali Ngata, Bryan Orakapo, Clay Matthews, Colt McCoy...all were better picks than...enough said..point made...Now Bills Get busy..(and if you can Buddy..Have Tom Modrak looking for talent in Adak, Alaska for the next few years)...Go BIlls