So, would you trade the #1 overall pick next year for Vick?

Heitz

Just listening to LaConforta talk about Vick next year - he said he'll most likely be franchised (to the tune of $20+MM for a year) and someone will give him a huge contract. I think it would be hard for the Eagles to let him go, but the #1 overall is pretty good trade bait...

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

Right now, I'm still of the "build through the draft" philosophy, but Vick running our O would be scary.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue, as I see it, is that Vick is flourishing under Andy Reid. Would he, or could he, do the same under the Bills coaching staff. That's not a criticism of the Bills' coaching stafff -- I just wonder if Vick's resurgence has more to do with Reid or his coaches than with Vick's maturity. That's a big question mark -- and frankly, I'm not sure I want to place that kind of bet on him.

That said, I think Vick's transformation this year has been mind-boggling.

The issue, as I see it, is that Vick is flourishing under Andy Reid. Would he, or could he, do the same under the Bills coaching staff. That's not a criticism of the Bills' coaching stafff -- I just wonder if Vick's resurgence has more to do with Reid or his coaches than with Vick's maturity. That's a big question mark -- and frankly, I'm not sure I want to place that kind of bet on him.

That said, I think Vick's transformation this year has been mind-boggling.

Wouldn't deal the #1 for him, and neither would the Eagles. If he maintains this sort of performance level, it would be a PR disaster for them. How's that for irony!

Vick is accepting his coaching (i.e. he's growing up), and working in a system that gives him lots of opportunities, for a coach & team that took a mild chance on him. Mechanically, he's volumes better than he was in Atlanta. Is there anyone who wants to line up against him right now?

Chan could scheme for Vick just like the Iggles are, and probably just as well.

Just listening to LaConforta talk about Vick next year - he said he'll most likely be franchised (to the tune of $20+MM for a year) and someone will give him a huge contract. I think it would be hard for the Eagles to let him go, but the #1 overall is pretty good trade bait...

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

Right now, I'm still of the "build through the draft" philosophy, but Vick running our O would be scary.

What a bunch of hypocrites on this board. Now all of a sudden that Vick is a top flight QB, his dog beating days are forgotten? When i posted last year that he has done his time for his sins, everyone still wanted to crucify him further .

I do believe Vick has certainly made an unbelievable transformation... he is now a great quarterback having a great year.

He is still a worthless human being.

I wouldn't even trade Chris Kelsey for him, tempting as that may be. :)

Fixed.

Not a fan. I think it's time to move past his past -- he's "paid his debt".

Not a fan of Kelsay, but he doesn't deserve the hate either.

VicK isn't anyone's future, he's the Eagles present. Let him celebrate his great year, but let's not get carried away with thinking of him as some team's savior. The Eagles are a good team with or without him. We aren't there yet. He's not the missing piece to our puzzle.

Why would the Eagles trade Vick? They are currently a playoff team that can compete for the SB. Vick is going to get his gold plated contract from the Eagles. He is also playing with a team and coaching staff that has got the best out of him. Why would Vick want to play for the Bills or any other lower tier team at this stage of his career?

The Bills are at a basic level point where they are still years away from being a serious team. If the Bills can get a player like Luck they will be able to develop together. Buddy Nix has stated right from the start that his philosophy is to get his own players, develop them and keep them. I agree with that approach.

I have nothing against Vick. I'm happy for him and the way he has turned his life around. Using the Vick scenario as an example the Eagles have demonstrated how a forward working and creative organization can take calculated risks and have a big payback.

The Eagles have an enlightened owner, an excellent front office and a very good coaching staff. They are a model of stability. Compare that organizational stability to the Bills instability over the past decade.

This thread reminds me of those that wanted to Bills to make a play for Tom Brady after he won his first Super Bowl on the idea that the Patriots would go back to Bledsoe. Maybe history repeats itself and the Bills make a deal to get Kevin Kolb.

The Eagles got a second round pick and more for the fading McNabb. Kevin Kolb has more value on the market because he is younger and has more upside. I can imagine that teams such as Minnesota, Arizona and even SF would give up some high picks in a trade for him.

What a bunch of hypocrites on this board. Now all of a sudden that Vick is a top flight QB, his dog beating days are forgotten? When i posted last year that he has done his time for his sins, everyone still wanted to crucify him further .

Not everyone, chief. I had the red carpet rolled out early on for his services. Never did I expect anything quite like this, however.

I wouldn't give this years' #1 for him, however.