So, would you trade the #1 overall pick next year for Vick?

Heitz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either a) you didn't watch the game last night or b) you are developmentally disabled. Those are the only two possibilities here.

Either that or one other possibility, you might have a good memory.

You might remember that he's had many games just as good as this in his past. Because he has. You might even remember that he's had three or four game streaks just as good as the one he's in the middle of right now. Because he has. And yet he always fell back to earth when teams found a way to defense him.

He hasn't proven anything yet. After a year or so of playing at this kind of level, we would have to figure he's turned the corner. As of now, "developmentally disabled" is strong, but there's no question that you are being irrational here, that you are carried away.

The fact is that there are many many QBs in the history of this league who have put together streaks like this and then run across a defense that successfully defended them. Some of them then figured a way to beat those specialty defenses. Many others, though, simply disappeared from the league after a year or so of futility.

This might mean very little. We'll see.

No thanks. Aside from the off field baggage he would bring, he'll be 31 next year, never has been known for being durable, and for most of his career, he's been inconsistent at best. That's not something I'd trade a high pick for, especially not the #1 overall.

The post was fine the way it was. I'm so sick of all these cliches that braindead commentators and fans use to justify their love affair with Vick.

"He's served his time." "Everyone deserves a second chance." "He's paid his debt."

That's crap. Vick electrocuted puppies. He stole household beagles from his neighborhood, using them as bait dogs and duct-taping their jaws together while putting them in a ring against pit bulls. He drowned dogs whose only sin was being too friendly to fight. Anyone who could perform these heinous acts doesn't have a decent bone in his body. He possesses an innate evil that cannot be cured by incarceration. There is no rehabilitating wicked. Vick is human garbage. May he burn in hell.

Try reading the post again. What I fixed was the part about time being a "great" QB. A couple of great games doesn't make him a GREAT QB.

Again, I'M NOT A FAN OF VICK.

Blaming Vick because his sentence was too light is like blaming Maybin for being a #1 pick. Players don't make the rules. GMs make picks, and judges and juries define punishment for criminals.

Because people disagree with you or resist the urge to be anonymously "brave" (obnoxious) doesn't make them braindead or immoral.

You're welcome to your opinion about VIck --- You can shove your opinion about me.

Then you are dumb for not wanting to improve the Bills on the most important postion for which we have sucked for the last ten years. People need to take thier personal feeling out of the equation

Why?

Win at all costs? Not everyone has to believe that's the best way to do business.

Edited by Sabre Bill

Really? How come D coordinators aren't shutting him down this season? So many of you living in the past need to come into the present.

If he couldn't pull it down and run... Well running is a part of the game so that's no crime. His accuracy and study have finally changed for

the better. I wouldn't trade the first pick for him based on age, but that's the only reason.

A few good games against losing teams except the Colts. I'll agree a #1 pick is ludicrous but it's moot as he's a free agent next year.

interesting question....

short answer: HELL NO !!

long answer: the #1 OVERALL pick is more valuable than just michael vick. if your were inclined to trade it, you could get two very high #1's with better value on the contracts or two lower number #1's and a number 2. The #1 overall pick is also the face of the franchise.

question- would i trade straight up Mike Vick for Andrew Luck ?.....while normally i would lean towards the sure thing (proven player) i just don't trust Vick to behave off the field. i believe he is on his very best behavior knowing a big payday is within reach....yet he still as recently as this year, got mixed up in a shooting at that party his brother advertised with Michaels name and michael still attended. Michael is a thug and is unlikely to change. if i was an owner, i wouldn't want to bet my money on him, he is a toxic PR nightmare. having said that, hypothetically, if Mike Vick never got in trouble off field and had a perfect clean record....YES i would make that trade.

i enjoy the heck out of his on field performance, which of late is at a superstar level. i actually find myself cheering for him. philly took a chance on him at low risk pricing and it's currently working out. they may even be tempted to franchise tag him for a year or two, if negotiations on a new deal drag out. vick is gonna want guaranteed money....and a club is gonna want an "out" of financial obligations if he messes up.

Just listening to LaConforta talk about Vick next year - he said he'll most likely be franchised (to the tune of $20+MM for a year) and someone will give him a huge contract. I think it would be hard for the Eagles to let him go, but the #1 overall is pretty good trade bait...

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

Right now, I'm still of the "build through the draft" philosophy, but Vick running our O would be scary.

I'll let the Atalnta Falcons answer that one.

Then you are dumb for not wanting to improve the Bills on the most important postion for which we have sucked for the last ten years. People need to take thier personal feeling out of the equation

Wrong. The point is, I am a human being first and a Bills fan second. Of course I want the Bills to improve at the QB position, but not by any means possible. Having a deplorable monster quarterbacking the Bills, even if he could do so effectively, is not something I desire. At some point, you have to realize what you are cheering for, and I could never cheer for Vick, even if he led us to a Superbowl. If Hitler was a great quarterback, would you want him on the Bills?

I'm not comparing Hitler to Vick, but the principal is the same.

You're use of the word dumb certainly makes you sound like a highly intelligent person. :thumbdown:

Edited by Nostradamus

Just yesterday i was thinking, "ya know, Buffalo doesn't have quite enough dog fighting to my liking. How can we improve on this?" And what do you know, this thread pops up with the perfect answer.

Edited by Ramius

This would have made a good poll thread, but no, I still don't see the man as a great QB. Great athlete yes, and he is having a great year, but his career speaks for itself, and he is an average QB at best with poor downfield vision and accuracy.

Secondly, yes he has paid his debt to society, and has moved on, but I don't like his character, and that's more than I need.

Pass on Vick.

FWIW - I'd also pass on Rothlisbooger too. I simply don't like his character, maybe the guys from the 90's teams have spoiled me, but I want to see a guy come to Buffalo with passion for the game, a love for the city, and a player that sees himself as a part of a team, not just a great player.

It has nothing to do with anyone's "love affair" with Vick. He did some awful stuff (and it was to animals and not humans. If if did that stuff to humans he's still be in jail and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he was tried, convicted and sent to prison. It was a real jail -- not one of these day spas that are reserved for white-collar criminals. He seems to be changed by the experience, so I say he deserves a second chance. From my perch, you sound like someone from the Spanish Inquisition or the Salem witch trials. It's not for us to decide who should burn in hell. That is in the hands of a higher authority.

I thought Nostradamus was a member of the Taliban who was an enthusiastic member of the stoning committee. One qualification for being a member of the judge and jury stoning committee is that you have to spew spittle while engaged in hateful diatribes.

My god. Settle down. The man went to jail for his evil deeds. He was severly punished and lost a good portion of his career, and deservedly so. What more do you want? Try reading the bible or whatever religious book you are inclined to read-you might find the words redemption and forgiveness in it.

Just listening to LaConforta talk about Vick next year - he said he'll most likely be franchised (to the tune of $20+MM for a year) and someone will give him a huge contract. I think it would be hard for the Eagles to let him go, but the #1 overall is pretty good trade bait...

I'm wondering how many people would take that deal? Obviously Luck is the wild card (no pun intended, ?), but Vick clearly can run an NFL offense. And if Chan can make Slash, Slash, one can only wonder what he could do with Vick.

Right now, I'm still of the "build through the draft" philosophy, but Vick running our O would be scary.

Bills had their chance to get Vick 18 months ago and blew it (right after drafting Maybin). That ship has sailed. Reid is terrific, so even if the Bills get him, they probably screw it up anyway. Stupid Bills (again).

The issue, as I see it, is that Vick is flourishing under Andy Reid. Would he, or could he, do the same under the Bills coaching staff. That's not a criticism of the Bills' coaching stafff -- I just wonder if Vick's resurgence has more to do with Reid or his coaches than with Vick's maturity. That's a big question mark -- and frankly, I'm not sure I want to place that kind of bet on him.

That said, I think Vick's transformation this year has been mind-boggling.

Transformation? Vick has been nothing short of amazing from the day he put an NFL uniform on. Where have you been? A one of kind talent, he is.

Why would you have to trade any pick? Is his contract not up at the end of this year? Or did you want to trade the #1 pick and have him play the last seven games this year? That would be "awesome"!

Like I said in my OP LaConforta said that Vick is going to be franchised by the Eagles and he'll either play there or be traded.

Just throwing the hypothetical out there to fans and friends - would you get him if you could? For all the complaining people do about our QB's (even when they're playing well like Fitz), I'm surprised more fans wouldn't take a shot at him...

And as I posted later in the thread, if he's franchised it'll take TWO first rounders to get him. I'm pretty sure not many on TBD are taking that deal, but I think we'll be surprised at the teams that do want in the Vick sweepstakes.

For my money we take Luck, let Fitz mentor him for a year and build from there.

Either a) you didn't watch the game last night or b) you are developmentally disabled. Those are the only two possibilities here.

This coming from someone basing a long term decision on ONE game! (Rob Johnson anybody)

The whole body of work is irrelevent to some I guess.

Who is the disabled one here?

Edited by FreakPop

I do believe Vick has certainly made an unbelievable transformation... he is now a great quarterback.

He is still a worthless human being.

I wouldn't even trade Chris Kelsey for him, tempting as that may be. :)

And I guess your God's gift to the world!

Wrong. The point is, I am a human being first and a Bills fan second. Of course I want the Bills to improve at the QB position, but not by any means possible. Having a deplorable monster quarterbacking the Bills, even if he could do so effectively, is not something I desire. At some point, you have to realize what you are cheering for, and I could never cheer for Vick, even if he led us to a Superbowl. If Hitler was a great quarterback, would you want him on the Bills?

I'm not comparing Hitler to Vick, but the principal is the same.

You're use of the word dumb certainly makes you sound like a highly intelligent person. :thumbdown:

That's exactly what your doing! And although Vick was incredibly wrong! He did not try to wipe out an entire race!

I thought Nostradamus was a member of the Taliban who was an enthusiastic member of the stoning committee. One qualification for being a member of the judge and jury stoning committee is that you have to spew spittle while engaged in hateful diatribes.

My god. Settle down. The man went to jail for his evil deeds. He was severly punished and lost a good portion of his career, and deservedly so. What more do you want? Try reading the bible or whatever religious book you are inclined to read-you might find the words redemption and forgiveness in it.

+1,000,000