Could Mike Vick be the NFLs MVP

sleaky72

I cant think of who is having a better year or more valuable to their or even more exciting to watch.

I am seeing the redemption of a young, previously messed up man before my eyes. I seriously never thought he had it in him.

I know many will never get passed the pooch thing, but this guy is unbelievable and if it continues I dont see how barring prejudice and doggie backlash that this guy should not be the NFls MVP.

If the Eagles dont sign him quickly to an extension and let him hit the market then they are absolutely clueless.

Hey Tiger if Vick can do it then whats your problem

Edited by sleaky72

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.

In the NFC, I don't think anyone is even close; certainly not after tonight. 35-0 after 15+ minutes on the road?? Wow.

In the AFC the only candidates I can think of are the usual suspects: Brady and Manning.

Vick's turnaround is one of most stunning things I've ever seen in football. He is not just back, he is MUCH better than he ever was in Atlanta.

Absolutely.

In the NFC, I don't think anyone is even close; certainly not after tonight. 35-0 after 15+ minutes on the road?? Wow.

In the AFC the only candidates I can think of are the usual suspects: Brady and Manning.

Vick's turnaround is one of most stunning things I've ever seen in football. He is not just back, he is MUCH better than he ever was in Atlanta.

It is almost surreal. I wonder if he even believes how good he has been lol.

The only person I can think of who can challenge for the mvp outside of Vick is Matt Ryan. From a football standpoint Vick's gotta be in serious consideration

Ya think? He is the most exciting player in the game, third best QB after Peyton and Tom.

I hope all the dog lovers on this board are happy we passed on him.

I was down 50 points in my FF league coming into tonight with only Vick and Aikers left to play for me. And it's over before halftime. :thumbsup:

I was down 48 with Vick and DeSean Jackson.

But from what I hear on ESPN and NFL networks is the humility. You don't know until you walk in another man's shoes.

Edited by Pulled Hammies

Gotta love people crowning someone MVP after game number 9. And I'm 100% glad we passed on Vick. Sorry but there are enough good QBs for me to cheer for that guy. And last time I checked, Mike Vick has never been to a SB. But I forgot everyone needs to overreact after every play now.

The funniest is part the Falcons replaced that scumbag and are the best team in the NFC.

I can point out the people on this site didn't want micheal they wanted Trent (sux) Fitz (not clutch) Brohm (WHO!) all i have to do is point out his stats and point out out record...LOL..you see what mike can do and you still don't want him? Some people are just ok with losing i see. He's gonna get MVP thats a lock...

P.S.

The funny thing about the falcons is they still never got farther than the NFC championchip game when Micheal vick was leading them...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Ya think? He is the most exciting player in the game, third best QB after Peyton and Tom.

I hope all the dog lovers on this board are happy we passed on him.

It was more then just the dog issue that scared me.... The weed water bottle, the Ron Mexico stuff, giving the home crowd the finger, the dog stuff, the rep of being last one to practice and first one to leave.... Not to mention the his questionable on field performance - what was his completion percentage? Let's not act like him returning from 2 seasons out of the league was a gimme. I'll eat crow but every now and again he makes comments that would scare the hell outta me if I were to consider a 10 mill a year contract. Granted, it speaks volumes that he is in the position to say his name and 10 mill in the same sentence.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't know if anyone has ever seen anything like it.

How in the hell do you go from barely being able to read one safety to suddenly being in complete command of the entire field?!

Credit to Andy Reid as well, but this is just nothing short of !@#$ing bizarre.

I don't know if anyone has ever seen anything like it.

How in the hell do you go from barely being able to read one safety to suddenly being in complete command of the entire field?!

Credit to Andy Reid as well, but this is just nothing short of !@#$ing bizarre.

That's what I'm saying - even if you take his on field performance in a vacuum..... This is a huge change. He was far from an obvious horse to bet but he has been impressive. The last test is who shows up after his first big money contract.

I hope the occasional comments and poor judgments (birthday parry incident) are a product of a changed man trying to find his way and not that of a good actor slipping up. To be able to maintain that double life so long is borderline pathological. For the NFL, mike, the fans etc... I hope this is the real deal.

Edited by NoSaint

If you don't think Vick is the MVP you clearly are not watching the games. Going into the game he leads the NFL in passer rating and rushing yards for a QB.

Oh, and he only has 5 TDs at halftime...

Well since he's the MVP and probably SB MVP, why ever play the rest of the games? :rolleyes:

And I'll give credit where credit is due. Vick has looked really good. Still doesn't change the fact I don't want him on this team. I'll take my chances with Fitz and hopefully Luck. I want the Bills to win more than anything but I'm not going to blindly root for people who disgust me.

And this Redskins team is a bad one. They quit and are just coming off a loss to Detroit (you know the team that gave us our first win).

I cannot wait to start a big huge fat Michael Vick I told you so thread in the morning. Do you realize that the general consensus on this board was that they would rather have Trent Edwards as the Bills' QB than Michael Vick before the season started? Yes this is better than he ever was on Atlanta, BUT he was the MVP runner-up w/ Atlanta one year and he NEVER had close to this type of talent around him. People on here were insisting he was never very good. Look up my posts, I've called this all along (perhaps not to this extent). Right now, he is the FRONT-RUNNER for MVP and is easily a top 5 QB in the game. Behind Manning and Brady, right there with Brees and Rivers and definitely ahead or Rodgers, etc. And for any complete and utter clown who tries to invoke the dog thing, screw you, this is America, the dude did two hard years. We're supposed to be all about the rehabilitation process, aren't we? He obviously didn't have the same upbringing as you or me. I got the guy's back 100% Good for Vick, I'm pulling for the guy!

Edited by metzelaars_lives