Could Mike Vick be the NFLs MVP

sleaky72

Well since he's the MVP and probably SB MVP, why ever play the rest of the games? :rolleyes:

And I'll give credit where credit is due. Vick has looked really good. Still doesn't change the fact I don't want him on this team. I'll take my chances with Fitz and hopefully Luck. I want the Bills to win more than anything but I'm not going to blindly root for people who disgust me.

And this Redskins team is a bad one. They quit and are just coming off a loss to Detroit (you know the team that gave us our first win).

No one is crediting him with anything except the obvious turnaround in his game. Maybe you would have caught that if you bothered to stop frothing at the mouth for a second and actually read the thread title ("Could Vick be MVP"). :doh:

And your endlessly repeated opinion is duly noted.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait to start a big huge fat Michael Vick I told you so thread in the morning.

Why would you bother? Haven't there already been a million of those threads? The people that "preferred" Edwards to Vick have more than likely not changed their minds (even after this season's first 9 weeks) because that preference was never about football in the first place.

Also, you don't get a prize or special recognition from the Message Board Gods for... whatever it is you're trying to do.

:beer:

I cannot wait to start a big huge fat Michael Vick I told you so thread in the morning. Do you realize that the general consensus on this board was that they would rather have Trent Edwards as the Bills' QB than Michael Vick before the season started? Yes this is better than he ever was on Atlanta, BUT he was the MVP runner-up w/ Atlanta one year and he NEVER had close to this type of talent around him. People on here were insisting he was never very good. Look up my posts, I've called this all along (perhaps not to this extent). Right now, he is the FRONT-RUNNER for MVP and is easily a top 5 QB in the game. Behind Manning and Brady, right there with Brees and Rivers and definitely ahead or Rodgers, etc. And for any complete and utter clown who tries to invoke the dog thing, screw you, this is America, the dude did two hard years. We're supposed to be all about the rehabilitation process, aren't we? He obviously didn't have the same upbringing as you or me. I got the guy's back 100% Good for Vick, I'm pulling for the guy!

Im with you...Co-Sign 100%

No one is crediting him with anything except the obvious turnaround in his game. Maybe you would have caught that if you bothered to stop frothing at the mouth for a second and actually read the thread title ("Could Vick be MVP"). :doh:

And your endlessly repeated opinion is duly noted.

Actually Richard, if you could read and see the post I clearly quoted, he stated that he was the MVP. But obviously who could resist being a tough guy on the internet?

Also, could you please entertain us with some more tales of your fantasy league? Very exciting stuff there. And it's hilarious that someone with close to 20,000 posts is going to call someone out about posting. I'm sure all of your posts have been Pulitzer prizes winners.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Why would you bother? Haven't there already been a million of those threads? The people that "preferred" Edwards to Vick have more than likely not changed their minds (even after this season's first 9 weeks) because that preference was never about football in the first place.

Also, you don't get a prize or special recognition from the Message Board Gods for... whatever it is you're trying to do.

:beer:

WRONG. I'm specifically talking about the people who said he didn't have football left in him and more so, the people who insisted he was never that good in the first place. Many people on here claimed they'd rather have Edwards as their QB completely from a football standpoint.

WRONG. I'm specifically talking about the people who said he didn't have football left in him and more so, the people who insisted he was never that good in the first place. Many people on here claimed they'd rather have Edwards as their QB completely from a football standpoint.

Knowing what we had in Edwards was pretty much a dead heat for not exactly knowing what might've been with Vick, prior to the season--- I can't imagine why anyone would pick Edwards to Vick purely on football, though, because it seems obvious the "push" would go for Vick.

Still, it was purely 100% speculation that Vick could even return to his previously mediocre QBing, and absolutely no one could have expected him to play Tecmo Bowl level football this year. If you attempt to suggest otherwise you are flat out lying.

Plus, it's kind of pathetic that you're posting on a message board at midnight on a weekday that you "can't wait" to prove how right you were by... posting a message board thread in the morning. Christmas Day for the lonely football fanatic? WRONG. Still no prize for metzelaars_lives :(

it is ridiculus that anybody is even considering vick as mvp, his is playing in the stratus-sphere right now, but nobody remembers that he has missed several games and during his departure the "back-up" played lights out also, you can not even say the defense carried the team during his absence, they did play well though, a true mvp means that if they were not doing what they were doing the team would suffer or the team relys on the excellent play of said individual, not someone who has seemingly little drop off from team play, if vick does get the award it should be co-mvp with kolb

And I'll give credit where credit is due. Vick has looked really good. Still doesn't change the fact I don't want him on this team. I'll take my chances with Fitz and hopefully Luck. I want the Bills to win more than anything but I'm not going to blindly root for people who disgust me.

This.

People that hate Vick are clearly self righteous and usually tend to be a little bigoted. I'm a human and I've made mistakes and so have you. What makes you think you are so important that you can decide what mistakes are "unforgivable"? He served the punishment the government of this land gave him, and God in any religion has forgiveness for those who repent.

Also, tonight he played one of the single greatest games I've ever seen a quarterback play. Amazing stuff.

Edited by NaPolian8693

In 6 games he has:

- 11 passing TDs

- 4 rushing TDs

- 1,350 passing yards

- 63% completion rate

- NO INTERCEPTIONS

- 341 rushing yards

- 115 QB rating

If he were on either one of the NY teams, or another over hyped market like New England or Dallas, they already would have given it to him.

I cant think of who is having a better year or more valuable to their or even more exciting to watch.

I am seeing the redemption of a young, previously messed up man before my eyes. I seriously never thought he had it in him.

I know many will never get passed the pooch thing, but this guy is unbelievable and if it continues I dont see how barring prejudice and doggie backlash that this guy should not be the NFls MVP.

If the Eagles dont sign him quickly to an extension and let him hit the market then they are absolutely clueless.

Hey Tiger if Vick can do it then whats your problem

:worthy: Great post. Vick deserves MVP hands down after 9 weeks. As you say, forget his trials and tribulations, there is not an athlete playing better in the NFL to this point.

While I still believe he should not have been allowed to play again in the NFL because he is a convicted felon who did serve time in prison, I have to admit, the guy has taken 150% advantage of the second chance Goodell blessed him with....and good for him.

I have no idea how on earth he got himself involved in that disgusting activity of forcing dogs to fight and then torturing and killing the losers. (I've had dogs and loved them my whole life, so I thought I would remind you of what the "pooch thing" and "doggie backlash" really was)

But Seeing the man Mike Vick has become these days, how humble he is after playing so well and leading the Eagles to these resounding wins, it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

So I'm rooting for the guy to continue playing so well, and of course I would not mind seeing Nix sign him as an UFA to lead the Bills into the next 5 years of rebuilding. I've come full circle about him playing for the Bills. If the rest of the NFL says he can play, then fine, I'll watch him play for the Bills and cheer for him if somehow he ends up here next year. :thumbsup:

i hope he gets injured. career ending. crossing fingers.

I never thought Vick should have been allowed to play in the NFL again went he came out of prison. I thought it would be a great message to send to other young talented millionaires that they had a line they could not cross and that was.....if you get convicted of a felony and serve time for it in prison, you are forever banned from playing in the NFL again. I still believe Vick should be out here amoung the average American citizens trying to carve out a living because he still is a convicted felon.

However, this is America, and it is the greatest country in the world. Goodell and the NFL disagree with my idea, so they allowed Vick to come back. Even you have to admit, the guy has taken full advantage of the chance he was blessed with. Even you have to admit none of us ever thought the guy would be back playing this well only two years out of prison.

I'm sure I agree with your reasons you want him seriously injured. I have owned dogs my entire life, and of course I cannot understand how he ever got himself involved in dog fighting in the first place.

But he did serve his time and if he was a relative of yours you would not want him seriously injured. Your take is stupid, ignorant, and quite possibly bigoted. Nobody deserves to get seriously injured playing in the NFL, they risk their lives every minute they are on the football field, and even convicted felon Vick deserves to be respected for that aspect of their careers!

I cant think of who is having a better year or more valuable to their or even more exciting to watch.

I am seeing the redemption of a young, previously messed up man before my eyes. I seriously never thought he had it in him.

I know many will never get passed the pooch thing, but this guy is unbelievable and if it continues I dont see how barring prejudice and doggie backlash that this guy should not be the NFls MVP.

If the Eagles dont sign him quickly to an extension and let him hit the market then they are absolutely clueless.

Hey Tiger if Vick can do it then whats your problem

If he continues to play like he has, he will win it and the vote won't even be close...

Repenting/redemption does not = stats on the football field.

I was wrong. I didnt think he had it in him to come back and play as well as he has. For one, he wasn't as impressive to me early in his career, and two, the time on the shelf in the pen would surely erode his talent.

You also have to give credit to the Eagles offense and coaching as a whole. Kolb comes in and is awesome as well. Vick looks very, very good though.

I cant root for the guy at all. Im in the Philly area and he really doesnt do much in the community other than is what is required. He always has that smirk and feeds out the same few pr lines he always has. It really doesnt appear to me like he is that regretful for anything in his past...

If he gets that big contract he is after and does something organic, profound, and selfless, I will completely forgive him and get on the bandwagon.

Get over it. He served his time.

What does this really mean? Does this mean he's a "changed man" and he's now someone to root for just because he served time? There are criminals that serve their time and go right back into the joint because they didn't learn their lesson. Who's to say that Vick isn't doing something illegal again we don't know about? I certainly hope that's not the case, but unless you're Andy Reid or Vick's fiancee (even then you may not know), we don't know how much he has changed, if at all. Call me cynical, but we don't have any reason to believe that he's 100% changed because he served his time.

That said, I really would like to believe that he did learn his lesson and he has turned things around. The man is one of the most talented athletes we've ever seen and it would be a travesty if he wasted his talents. He told Suzy Kolber that everything he does is about his fiancee and his kids...it's not about him anymore. That's a positive sign to me.

As for the thread, perhaps Tom Brady is the closest to Vick in the MVP race right now, but there's still almost half the season left. If they gave the award for First Half MVP, then Vick would be the likely candidate. I also don't see any other one player outside of Brady or Matt Ryan that has meant more to their team.

I don't care if Vick throws for 20,000 yards and 40 touchdowns. The guy is a piece of human garbage and I'd rather not have him anywhere near my team.

Do a little research and find out what was done to some of those dogs. No thanks!

The guy did his time, he'll make tens of millions in the NFL and he'll probably be running another dog fighting ring in 10 years. He's garbage.

I cant root for the guy at all. Im in the Philly area and he really doesnt do much in the community other than is what is required. He always has that smirk and feeds out the same few pr lines he always has. It really doesnt appear to me like he is that regretful for anything in his past...

I see the same smirk and wonder, also. Maybe that's just his expression and it means nothing. Maybe he's feeding the PR lines because he has to - if he says anything that could be taken as remotely offensive or inappropriate, he'd be lambasted. Someone's advising him to say the right things, because if he didn't, he'd get about as many breaks as McNabb has in his career.