Could Mike Vick be the NFLs MVP

sleaky72

Vick has paid for his crimes. Isn't that how the system works.

The thing about him now, is he seems to be throwing better than he ever has in his career.

No Vick did NOT pay for his crimes. This system is FLAWED and CLEARLY favors celebrities and athletes alike. Do you honestly think that an average person can get away with what Vick got away with and still land a job in today's economy, making MILLIONS of dollars? SO tell me. Where did he pay for his crimes?

Donte Stallworth gets away with vehicular manslaughter, whereas the dude who killed Angels pitcher Adenhart is most likely getting life. WTF is the difference? Dont sit here and bullsht me and say he paid for his crimes. If you and I lead a dog fighting ring and had that on our records, there's no way we'd get a job that easily.

And as for getting Vick? Credit Andy Reid for Vick's turnaround. 10000000% Reid. Just look at McNabb in Washington. If he can make McNabb look like an above average QB, then he works miracles. Granted that Chan's done well with Fitz, what Reid's done in Philly is unreal.

Edited by DreReed83

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if instead of dogfighting he was into chicken fighting? That is very popular in some cultures. People don't care about chickens as much as dogs, because not a lot of people has pet chickens. I don't think it would have been as big of a deal. Or what if he was into mouse fighting? If he brutally tortured a bunch of mice, would he really deserve to go to prison? How about crickets? Have you seen those Japanese Bug Fights?

Have you ever seen the PETA videos on the horrible animal abuse that goes on in poultry farms? I think it's awful, but I'm still going to have a turkey this Thanksgiving.

There's a lot to think about, and it is a very complex issue.

The bottom line is that people have a hard time being objective about this whole Vick issue because of the emotional attachment our culture places on dogs over other animals. The level of judgement and hypocrisy present here is both astounding and totally expected all at once.

What if instead of dogfighting he was into chicken fighting? That is very popular in some cultures. People don't care about chickens as much as dogs, because not a lot of people has pet chickens. I don't think it would have been as big of a deal. Or what if he was into mouse fighting? If he brutally tortured a bunch of mice, would he really deserve to go to prison? How about crickets? Have you seen those Japanese Bug Fights?

Have you ever seen the PETA videos on the horrible animal abuse that goes on in poultry farms? I think it's awful, but I'm still going to have a turkey this Thanksgiving.

There's a lot to think about, and it is a very complex issue.

The bottom line is that people have a hard time being objective about this whole Vick issue because of the emotional attachment our culture places on dogs over other animals. The level of judgement and hypocrisy present here is both astounding and totally expected all at once.

I like your new picture. Thanks for changing it makes you less hateable :thumbsup:

IMO dogs are somehow connected to people in some way that those other animals are not. I have no real opinion about the whole Vick, what he did thing because I have no say in the matter.

When I lived in Korea they had dog farms and I spent a month living right next door to one, it was one of the most upsetting things in my 51 years on the planet.

Actually you did say that - see below. Thanks for telling random people they're not perfect though - that's helpful.

Have you ever hated anyone? - You are a murderer.

Have you ever lusted after a married woman or after another and you yourself are married? - You are an adulterer.

Have you ever taken anything whether by mistake or intentionally without returning the items or paying for them? - You are a robber.

Shall I continue?

I have done things JUST AS BAD, IF NOT WORSE than them, just not literally the SAME THINGS as them. So has everyone who has walked the face of this earth, minus Christ. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

What if instead of dogfighting he was into chicken fighting?

And what if instead of chicken fighting it was cockroach righting. No one likes cockroaches.

And what if instead of cockroach fighting, it was pillow fighting. Everyone loves pillow fights.

And what if instead of Michael Vick pillow fighting, it was Swedish Bikini Team.

And what if instead of pillows, they used Jello-shooting Super Soakers 3000! Everyone loves the Swedish Bikini Team in a Jello-drenched t-shirt!

Y'see, with just a little sliding and imagination, you go from crime and imprisonment to a Coors Lite Silver Bullet I Need Blue Mountains Because I'm Too Stupid To Know When My Beer Is Cold Pay-Per-View Smackdown Extravaganza.

Awesome.

Have you ever hated anyone? - You are a murderer.

Have you ever lusted after a married woman or after another and you yourself are married? - You are an adulterer.

Have you ever taken anything whether by mistake or intentionally without returning the items or paying for them? - You are a robber.

Shall I continue?

I have done things JUST AS BAD, IF NOT WORSE than them, just not literally the SAME THINGS as them. So has everyone who has walked the face of this earth, minus Christ. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Post less.

No Vick did NOT pay for his crimes. This system is FLAWED and CLEARLY favors celebrities and athletes alike. Do you honestly think that an average person can get away with what Vick got away with and still land a job in today's economy, making MILLIONS of dollars? SO tell me. Where did he pay for his crimes?

Donte Stallworth gets away with vehicular manslaughter, whereas the dude who killed Angels pitcher Adenhart is most likely getting life. WTF is the difference? Dont sit here and bullsht me and say he paid for his crimes. If you and I lead a dog fighting ring and had that on our records, there's no way we'd get a job that easily.

And as for getting Vick? Credit Andy Reid for Vick's turnaround. 10000000% Reid. Just look at McNabb in Washington. If he can make McNabb look like an above average QB, then he works miracles. Granted that Chan's done well with Fitz, what Reid's done in Philly is unreal.

He did two years in jail and lost close to $100 Million. What the !@#$ do you mean "he hasnt paid"?

And yes...if youre talented and good at what you do, you also will be given a job again.

If you dont like the sentence, than write your congressman and do something about that. Vick did the time and paid the fines the State demanded he do. What? YOU get convicted of something, youre gonna ask for MORE time? To pay a HIGHER fine? No? Then dont ask others to do the same.

"Ya know, judge...that $150 fine for speeding is too light...could you please make it $250?"

If you dont like that Vick is playing, dont watch him play. Dont support the league, dont tune in. Nobody is FORCING you or anyone else to like and support him. But he DOES have the right to get a job and earn a paycheck.

IMO, Vick's OK becuase hes owned up to his sins, paid for them in both time and treasure, and is making the most of his second opportunity with humility. Thats all I can ask of anyone.

Edited by RkFast

And what if instead of chicken fighting it was cockroach righting. No one likes cockroaches.

And what if instead of cockroach fighting, it was pillow fighting. Everyone loves pillow fights.

And what if instead of Michael Vick pillow fighting, it was Swedish Bikini Team.

And what if instead of pillows, they used Jello-shooting Super Soakers 3000! Everyone loves the Swedish Bikini Team in a Jello-drenched t-shirt!

Y'see, with just a little sliding and imagination, you go from crime and imprisonment to a Coors Lite Silver Bullet I Need Blue Mountains Because I'm Too Stupid To Know When My Beer Is Cold Pay-Per-View Smackdown Extravaganza.

Awesome.

You are twisting my argument, and you are doing it on purpose because you do not want to confront the morality of this head on.

Why is it that you value the life of a dog so much more than you value the life of a chicken? People eat dogs in a lot of countries. There are people out there that have eaten literally hundreds of dogs. Should we then condemn entire nations?

Here is another side to the argument:

I get the sense that most posters on this board are white. I would say that eight out of ten black people I know really do not like dogs one little bit, and therefore don't care as much about the whole dogfighting thing.

Clinton Portis summed up the views of much of the black community when this first broke when he said "what's the big deal? they just dogs."

I'm not saying all black people dislike dogs, or that even most black people condone dogfighting. But if you don't recognize a cultural difference regarding how we view dogs even within our nation, let alone worldwide, then you need to open your eyes and consider someone else's point of view.

He did two years in jail and lost close to $100 Million. What the !@#$ do you mean "he hasnt paid"?

And yes...if youre talented and good at what you do, you also will be given a job again.

If you dont like the sentence, than write your congressman and do something about that. Vick did the time and paid the fines the State demanded he do. What? YOU get convicted of something, youre gonna ask for MORE time? To pay a HIGHER fine? No? Then dont ask others to do the same.

"Ya know, judge...that $150 fine for speeding is too light...could you please make it $250?"

If you dont like that Vick is playing, dont watch him play. Dont support the league, dont tune in. Nobody is FORCING you or anyone else to like and support him. But he DOES have the right to get a job and earn a paycheck.

IMO, Vick's OK becuase hes owned up to his sins, paid for them in both time and treasure, and is making the most of his second opportunity with humility. Thats all I can ask of anyone.

And Vick will get all that money back. Is he not being paid millions of dollars NOW to play this game? He'll most likely get a raise and a contract extension after this year somewhere and will get all that back so I don't even want to hear that bullsht. He hasn't paid at all. He's going to get those millions of dollars back which is complete bullsht in my opinion.

And as for giving me a job back after coming out of prison? Bullsht. No matter how talented you are, there would always be a red flag wherever i applied. He got back in the NFL with ease, no problems, what so ever. You're saying that a hardened criminal coming out of jail for murder or robbery, fraud, or whatever would EASILY find a job because he's good at what he does? If you believe that, then you're full of sht.

And as for your ticket comment? That makes no sense what so ever.

And Vick will get all that money back. Is he not being paid millions of dollars NOW to play this game? He'll most likely get a raise and a contract extension after this year somewhere and will get all that back so I don't even want to hear that bullsht. He hasn't paid at all. He's going to get those millions of dollars back which is complete bullsht in my opinion.

He's not getting ANY money "back." The money he gave up is lost. Thats gone. Whether or not you think its bull, the fact is his contract was terminated and he was not paid that money. Thats a fact. YOU THINKING its not enough is just your opinion and like I said...if you want to see stricter laws for the crimes Vick committed, write your Congressman. Its not Mike Vick's fault the laws are what they are.

And as for giving me a job back after coming out of prison? Bullsht. No matter how talented you are, there would always be a red flag wherever i applied. He got back in the NFL with ease, no problems, what so ever. You're saying that a hardened criminal coming out of jail for murder or robbery, fraud, or whatever would EASILY find a job because he's good at what he does? If you believe that, then you're full of sht.

yeah, huh? michael milken. Have a nice day.

Edited by RkFast

And as for your ticket comment? That makes no sense what so ever.

he has a right to earn every penny back. i doubt he would ever be allowed to work in a field associated directly with animals. he served time in prison, paid fines to the government and is now under federal probation. if you have a dispute with sentencing you should take a look at the sentences of sex offenders, murders and other people who commit violent crimes against people. too often they get off or serve very little time because victims can't testify. vick served time that was in line with what he did and now as long as he keeps the straight line he can earn a very good living.