Kyle Williams

Toledo Bill

Is quickly becoming one of my all time Bills favorites. He was pushing back double teams all day and never seems to quit. Coming out as a fairly unheralded rookie, he has beaten the odds and should strongly be considered for the Pro Bowl. If we have not locked him up yet, we need to reward him with a long term extension. What a gutsy, hard-working player.

Kyle Williams may be one of the Top 5 interior lineman in the NFL right now. He was good as a DT and appears to be somehow, despite his size, even better as a NT (although they play in a 4 man front half the time anyway). He was a manimal yesterday.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

He is quickly becoming one of the better interior D-lineman in the league. We should go back to a 4-3 alignment and acquire an over-sized run plugger to go along with him. I believe that would go a long way in helping our run D woes, even though over the past couple weeks we have improved dramatically in this area. Which of course is an encouraging sign.

He is quickly becoming one of the better interior D-lineman in the league. We should go back to a 4-3 alignment and acquire an over-sized run plugger to go along with him. I believe that would go a long way in helping our run D woes, even though over the past couple weeks we have improved dramatically in this area. Which of course is an encouraging sign.

Torrell Troupp? (I have no idea if that's the right spelling or not) Either way, they have to go back to a 4-3 next year. Can Dwan Edwards play DE in a 4-3 though? Who the hell is gonna get sacks then? I could see them lining up Kelsay-Troupp-Williams-Edwards next year, keeping Johnson as a good depth guy and all of a sudden, you got a decent 4 man front. Who in the name of Christ almighty is gonna fill the OLB spots though? Maybe Moats is one of them, (they harp on building through the draft, I think they want to use their guys), but they better get a monster to fill the other spot. And they need to re-sign Posluszny immediately. No he's not a stud, but he's good enough if he's your second best linebacker. He would be right up there for the league lead in tackles if he didn't miss a couple games.

Yeah we hit the DVR rewind a few times yesterday to watch some of Kyle's plays. He was always a good pursuit/penetration guy but it's like he's stronger with the bullrush this year. Like he gets guys on their heels almost instantly. I agree with the poster, he changed a lot of plays indirectly by splitting the pocket with that push of his. Sometimes it was downright embarassing for the Lions interior linemen.

When someone delivers a game like that upfront in the box, the linebackers flourish. They can hit, run, see and pursue so much better when the big fellas are representin' like number 95 was yesterday.

Before the Detroit game, Williams had 42 tackles and three sacks, well on pace to shatter the career marks last year when he was a Pro Bowl alternate. Not sure if he'll make it this year with guys like Ngata, Wilfork, Shaun Rogers, Kris Jenkins in the AFC but he's definitely a great player.

Yeah we hit the DVR rewind a few times yesterday to watch some of Kyle's plays. He was always a good pursuit/penetration guy but it's like he's stronger with the bullrush this year. Like he gets guys on their heels almost instantly. I agree with the poster, he changed a lot of plays indirectly by splitting the pocket with that push of his. Sometimes it was downright embarassing for the Lions interior linemen.

When someone delivers a game like that upfront in the box, the linebackers flourish. They can hit, run, see and pursue so much better when the big fellas are representin' like number 95 was yesterday.

Before the Detroit game, Williams had 42 tackles and three sacks, well on pace to shatter the career marks last year when he was a Pro Bowl alternate. Not sure if he'll make it this year with guys like Ngata, Wilfork, Shaun Rogers, Kris Jenkins in the AFC but he's definitely a great player.

I hope Kris Jenkins doesn't make it this year, because then we'd all really know the pro-bowl is a name recognition contest...he has been pretty good doing spot duty on TV though. He'll have a second career somewhere on TV I'd bet.

That defensive holding call on Williams was such a joke.. He powered those two guys into the ground..

I know! That was BeatMode. He powered that double team to the ground.

How you call that Defensive Holding???!!!

I don't know that was the ref was looking at.

That was highlight reel material.

Torrell Troupp? (I have no idea if that's the right spelling or not) Either way, they have to go back to a 4-3 next year. Can Dwan Edwards play DE in a 4-3 though? Who the hell is gonna get sacks then? I could see them lining up Kelsay-Troupp-Williams-Edwards next year, keeping Johnson as a good depth guy and all of a sudden, you got a decent 4 man front. Who in the name of Christ almighty is gonna fill the OLB spots though? Maybe Moats is one of them, (they harp on building through the draft, I think they want to use their guys), but they better get a monster to fill the other spot. And they need to re-sign Posluszny immediately. No he's not a stud, but he's good enough if he's your second best linebacker. He would be right up there for the league lead in tackles if he didn't miss a couple games.

Troupe is 315, not a huge run plugger, hopefully we will draft Kendrick Ellis or Jerrell Powe.

I remember right before the end of the game there was a close up of Kyle Williams face and his eyes looked like a man possessed. I could have sworn they were red lol. The crowd was going absolutely nuts and look on his face was so fierce. I knew right there that this dude was playing his heart out. A++ performance Kyle I think you might have wanted this win more than anybody else on that team. :thumbsup:

My favorite among many was when he diagnosed a screen, stopped rushing, ran right behind the RB and then tackled him for a 1 yard loss as soon as he got the ball...that kind of stuff cannot be taught...you either have the instincts or you don't and he definitely has them...