Fire George Edwards

HurlyBurly51

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, that was a great offensive play design to get Calvin Johnson away from McKelvin and into a mismatch.

This is more of an indictment of the offense (including during the last 4 coaching regimes), but isn't it funny how easy it is for other teams to get their #1 WR's in mismatches like that, and the Bills can never do that with Lee Evans?

This is more of an indictment of the offense (including during the last 4 coaching regimes), but isn't it funny how easy it is for other teams to get their #1 WR's in mismatches like that, and the Bills can never do that with Lee Evans?

100% agree with the OP. There is no excuse to have Poz on Megatron. That has to be practiced and planned for during the week.

(pssst. Lee Evans is not #1 WR. It's a myth he is double covered, but don't let 2BD see this, they will defend the myth to no end)

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Totally agree, especially since that wasn't the first time in that game that someone was wiiiiiide open in the middle of the Bills D. I didn't count, but I should have. I would guess it happened at least 5-6 times in the game, often at crucial points (like 3rd down). Edwards is ridiculous.

I hesitate to post this on this the day of our first victory, but please, someone explain to me how he had Poz covering Calvin Johnson in that crucial situation?! No excuse for that. None. Get him out of here. He has been obviously outclassed and over his head all season.

Not Edwards fault on that one. It was just poor coverage by the LB. Many teams have been successful sending their TE or RB's in the middle due to lack of coverage. This route had the WR going in the middle. Poz read it late and never looked for the ball.

It pays to have a LB that can cover the pass and the run.

I can't understand why Edwards can't get a pass rush by mixing up different types of blitzes.

Bills are better off at this point with the 4-3 defense.

I think they can mount more of a pass rush from it.

Edited by VADC Bills

Not Edwards fault on that one. It was just poor coverage by the LB. Many teams have been successful sending their TE or RB's in the middle due to lack of coverage. This route had the WR going in the middle. Poz read it late and never looked for the ball.

It pays to have a LB that can cover the pass and the run.

I can't understand why Edwards can't get a pass rush by mixing up different types of blitzes.

Bills are better off at this point with the 4-3 defense.

I think they can mount more of a pass rush from it.

BS.

Megatron is not a TE or just an average WR. He is one of the most dangerous WRs in the NFL.

During the week you practice, if for some reason we have a LB on #81 you call a timeout or audible, to get DB help.

You never, ever, ever, ever have a LB 1 on 1 with Calvin Megatron Johnson, thats how you find ways to lose.

It is absolutely the D-COs fault the defense wasn't prepared for this situation.

We should have kept Fewell......................... (I guess we won't see a positive Fewell thread this week)

The defense is improving, today I saw some interesting blitzes. I hate when we rush only 3 though, we make it real easy for the opposition.

Next week will be a great test for Edwards and the defense, hopefully they keep getting better.

The scheming here is not that complicated - make sure that Calvin Johnson doesn't get open with the game on the line. He might beat your double team and make the catch, and that's how great players will make great plays regardless of defense. When he's got a middle LB in single coverage, that's scheme.

BS.

Megatron is not a TE or just an average WR. He is one of the most dangerous WRs in the NFL.

During the week you practice, if for some reason we have a LB on #81 you call a timeout or audible, to get DB help.

You never, ever, ever, ever have a LB 1 on 1 with Calvin Megatron Johnson, thats how you find ways to lose.

It is absolutely the D-COs fault the defense wasn't prepared for this situation.

You're hindsight is working well. To bad the game is not played in hindsight.

The DB's were doing a good job on Johnson thats what was practiced. The Lions wanted to get the ball to their go to guy so they took it up the middle and spreaded the defense. If a mismatch was detected on formation why didn't the QB of the defense call a time out or recognize the coverage and make the necessary changes. The players have to execute..they didn't.

If we followed your mindset the players are never accountable.

Maybe this is what you are getting at I'm not sure, but Lee Evans is no Calvin Johnson.

Good number 1 receivers create their own mismatches and consistently beat double teams.

Lee Evans is a ghost out there for the most part, however, I try to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the QB's he has had over the years.

Maybe this is what you are getting at I'm not sure, but Lee Evans is no Calvin Johnson.

Good number 1 receivers create their own mismatches and consistently beat double teams.

Lee Evans is a ghost out there for the most part, however, I try to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the QB's he has had over the years.

Are you kidding me? Lee Evans is not OUR number 1 receiver. When Roscoe is playing he is not even our number 2 receiver. He can beat one on one coverage on the fly pattern some of the time. And not do much else. Fitzie always looks for Stevie J. when it is clutch time.

I hesitate to post this on this the day of our first victory, but please, someone explain to me how he had Poz covering Calvin Johnson in that crucial situation?! No excuse for that. None. Get him out of here. He has been obviously outclassed and over his head all season.

Not a fan of Edwards either!