Fire George Edwards

HurlyBurly51

Are you kidding me? Lee Evans is not OUR number 1 receiver. When Roscoe is playing he is not even our number 2 receiver. He can beat one on one coverage on the fly pattern some of the time. And not do much else. Fitzie always looks for Stevie J. when it is clutch time.

I agree 100 % I posted this in week 6 and was piled on mercilessly. Lee Evans is a myth.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're hindsight is working well. To bad the game is not played in hindsight.

The DB's were doing a good job on Johnson thats what was practiced. The Lions wanted to get the ball to their go to guy so they took it up the middle and spreaded the defense. If a mismatch was detected on formation why didn't the QB of the defense call a time out or recognize the coverage and make the necessary changes. The players have to execute..they didn't.

If we followed your mindset the players are never accountable.

I don't know what you mean by hindsight, Poz was 1 on 1 with Calvin Johnson.

I will give you that Poz is the defensive QB and should have known better than to allow the play to continue with him 1 on 1 with Megatron.

I think our D is coming along pretty well. They made some plays today and some stops, but people tend to forget that we are not playing ourselves we are playing against professional football teams that are planning to bet us. Our guys seem to be getting more comfortable and taking more chances. We left a couple of sacks on the field (one guarantee)both from Whitner, why he goes airborne twice i don't know, but that second on if he would have stayed on the ground would have been a sack. I did not like his play calling at the end, I am talking about the two 4th down conversions that the Lions converted in the final drive, why didn't we blitz and put some pressure on the QB. We rushed 3 and dropped 8 both times and we all know if the QB has time to assess the field someone is going to get open. I would have like to see some blitz packages and stuff. Like Fatty Ryan says blitz blitz blitz....

Are you kidding me? Lee Evans is not OUR number 1 receiver. When Roscoe is playing he is not even our number 2 receiver. He can beat one on one coverage on the fly pattern some of the time. And not do much else. Fitzie always looks for Stevie J. when it is clutch time.

Did you read my post before you replied to it?? :wallbash:

I said that Lee Evans is no Calvin Johnson, and that for the most part, the guy is a ghost out there.

since we cannot generate a pass rush we have been blitzing more and more. When we blitz that leaves someone open. IMO it was a bad time to change to the 3-4, we didnt have 3 good LBs to man the 4-3 let alone 4 for the 3-4.

Except for the fact that we were not trying to win this year....and are making it our transition year to the 34 defense......

We dont have the personnel yet.....this will be solved this next offseason

I hated that call too but sorry firing Edwards would be a bad thing to do. The run defense has been impressive the last two games and if you were at the game you could see how good our coverage was most of the day.

Poz covering Johnson? ya its a terrible Idea but someone mentioned McKelvin got lost in the shuffle of the other recivers and couldnt get back in time. That was a great offensive call

O and ya we won! :thumbsup: So who cares right now?

We should have kept Fewell......................... (I guess we won't see a positive Fewell thread this week)

The defense is improving, today I saw some interesting blitzes. I hate when we rush only 3 though, we make it real easy for the opposition.

Next week will be a great test for Edwards and the defense, hopefully they keep getting better.

Yes, they did improve a lot today.. by playing the majority of the game in 4-3. It took 8 games for Edwards to realize you can't shove a square peg into a round hole.

Not Edwards fault on that one. It was just poor coverage by the LB. Many teams have been successful sending their TE or RB's in the middle due to lack of coverage. This route had the WR going in the middle. Poz read it late and never looked for the ball.

It pays to have a LB that can cover the pass and the run.

I can't understand why Edwards can't get a pass rush by mixing up different types of blitzes.

Bills are better off at this point with the 4-3 defense.

I think they can mount more of a pass rush from it.

None of our LB's, CB's or safeties are looking for the ball this year. There were numerous examples in today's victory where if they had only opened their eyes ... nice interception Dwan!

Also on the touchdown in question ... did you notice how Whitner arrived from out of the pictue to hit Johnson after he was in the end zone. Was Donte supposed to be covering Johnson on that play ... was Donte even watching the play develop so he could hit Johnson before he scored rather than after?

100% agree with the OP. There is no excuse to have Poz on Megatron. That has to be practiced and planned for during the week.

(pssst. Lee Evans is not #1 WR. It's a myth he is double covered, but don't let 2BD see this, they will defend the myth to no end)

And that's exactly why we should trade him for some picks!!!

None of our LB's, CB's or safeties are looking for the ball this year. There were numerous examples in today's victory where if they had only opened their eyes ... nice interception Dwan!

Also on the touchdown in question ... did you notice how Whitner arrived from out of the pictue to hit Johnson after he was in the end zone. Was Donte supposed to be covering Johnson on that play ... was Donte even watching the play develop so he could hit Johnson before he scored rather than after?

That was a called cover two zone. Safetys cover the outside part of the field deep and MLB has the middle of the field

Its a defense we used to run

The defense was fine. The offense should have scored more than 14 points against the Lions at home.

The defense was not fine, as evidenced by the score. Hypothesizing about what didn't happen is not constructive. Lindell should have made that FG, how about our ST should have scored a TD at home... it's all an exercise in futility.

You're hindsight is working well. To bad the game is not played in hindsight.

The DB's were doing a good job on Johnson thats what was practiced. The Lions wanted to get the ball to their go to guy so they took it up the middle and spreaded the defense. If a mismatch was detected on formation why didn't the QB of the defense call a time out or recognize the coverage and make the necessary changes. The players have to execute..they didn't.

If we followed your mindset the players are never accountable.

Didn't the Bills call a time out before that play? Can't call 2 in a row.

I hesitate to post this on this the day of our first victory, but please, someone explain to me how he had Poz covering Calvin Johnson in that crucial situation?! No excuse for that. None. Get him out of here. He has been obviously outclassed and over his head all season.

When a defense can't consistently rush the passer, eventually someone is going to get open. I don't see the sense in firing the coordinator when the players as a whole aren't executing. The defense has too many holes for any coordinator to fix.