Fitzpatrick the best NFL Quarterback for the buck

timmyk12

What's his cost per win? Isn't that what he is paid for?

are you responsible for the unproductive people with the company you work for ?

what about the lazy guy who works in another department - should that make you look bad?

Fitz has done a good job on a bad team, we have no room for error. Again it's not about this year poeple

What's his cost per win? Isn't that what he is paid for?

why do people have to turn everything encouraging into a pessimistic smart ass comment. geez. we are 0-8 and everyone knows it. stop beating the dead horse and let us have something to be thankful for... like this.

Edited by daveydanceswithwolves

why do people have to turn everything encouraging into a pessimistic smart ass comment. geez. we are 0-8 and everyone knows it. stop beating the dead horse and let us have something to be thankful for... like this.

Because this is Two Jets Drive, where you're ridiculed as a "blind supporter" when rooting for arguably the best player (and a scrappy/underdog one at that) on your team this season. Fitz is on pace for having 26-28tds this season after missing two games but somehow Luck, because of all those nfl-caliber defenses he goes up against in the Pac-10, is already eons better than Fitz.

Nothin Thankful about 0-8.... Thats why we are losers,.... People who say nice try, here is a trophy...

Because this is Two Jets Drive, where you're ridiculed as a "blind supporter" when rooting for arguably the best player (and a scrappy/underdog one at that) on your team this season. Fitz is on pace for having 26-28tds this season after missing two games but somehow Luck, because of all those nfl-caliber defenses he goes up against in the Pac-10, is already eons better than Fitz.

Edwards - 0 - 2

Fitz - 0 - 6 (but much more exciting in 4 of the 6 games) :blink:

Sad day when a few numbers outweigh WINS......sad day indeed.

are you responsible for the unproductive people with the company you work for ?

what about the lazy guy who works in another department - should that make you look bad?

Fitz has done a good job on a bad team, we have no room for error. Again it's not about this year poeple

Or better yet how do the hard workers in your department feel about you? :flirt:

This board is getting filled with douches. Fitz is limited but the man plays his heart out. I don't know anyone couldn't have a lot of respect for him.

What do you mean, "getting"? Just like there are bandwagon fans, there are bandwagon haters. It's pretty sickening.

Queue the vitriolic douches to bludgeon me with a frenetic venting of responses that they feel compelled by their own low self-esteem to write, in three, two, one...

I have been real skeptical in the past, but Fitz has won me over. If there is a great QB prospect available I want the Bills to pick one, but Fitz is capable of winning. He is playing with a crap line, and no running game on a team with no pass rush, that can't stop the run. If he was with a good team, say the Vikings or the Titans, he could be a kind of 2nd tier star. He is as good as Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, really better than most. He is just out of the top ten. There are many teams that should like to have him as their starter (DALLAS for one).

i would still pick a truly elite prospect, but if there isn't one available. It's Fitz. HE IS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

This board is getting filled with douches. Fitz is limited but the man plays his heart out. I don't know anyone couldn't have a lot of respect for him.

I really haven't seen many posts with people showing a lack of respect for Fitzpatrick. Pretty much across the board, everyone respects his heart and his moxie.

You can point out his obvious shortcomings and still respect the guy. But don't let that get in the way of your role as Player White Knight of the Internet :)

Well then stop trying to convince me Fitz is a superstar QB when in reality he is average.

What do you mean, "getting"? Just like there are bandwagon fans, there are bandwagon haters. It's pretty sickening.

Queue the vitriolic douches to bludgeon me with a frenetic venting of responses that they feel compelled by their own low self-esteem to write, in three, two, one...

You are absolutely right. "Bandwagon haters." I wish I had thought of that.

It's made this place poisonous to read. I can understand being disappointed; I can even understand being disgusted and giving up on the team. But to come back day after day posting reflexively negative snarls, and dump on anyone who says anything even slightly positive about the team, is almost pathological.

It's like a bad marriage where the husband perpetually says nasty and cynical things about his wife in public, but never gets the nerve to get a divorce. Maybe she's no prize and he has reason to be unhappy, but after a while you just want the guy to shut up or go away.

ohhhhhhh im sorry. i didnt realize the QB was the only player on the field.

It's futile to try to explain something to someone that they either refuse, are in denial about or are just too unintelligent to comprehend. You and I know that the Bills are 32nd (that's DEAD LAST) in defense, have only one interception this season and have no running game to speak of.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has zero margin of error. Not even Peyton Manning nor Tom Brady could win games under the circumstances that Fitzpatrick is faced with. That's not saying that he is as good as them, but the fact is that,in the six games that he's played, he's resurrected a long dormant passing game which has been dead since 2002. He's the only reason the Bill have been close enough to win.

They see our support for Ryan Fitzpatrick as confirmation that he's "the chosen one" rather than the reality of it being our excitement at the possibility that he's "the chosen one" given his very good and consistent play this season. 13 TDs in six games? Yeah, I'll take that. 250 YDS per game? Yeah, I'll take that. So they shoot back "Yeah, I'll take a win please!" And so it goes around and around and around...

This team is finally watchable again. I have had a hundred times more fun watching a "go for the throat" team at 0-8 than watching a "scared to make mistakes" 7-9 team. If Fitzpatrick had started the season and this team had a merely average defense then they would be 4-4 and in contention for a playoff spot. That's how I view it.

You might as well give up on the idiots. They're clearly too far gone to be able to have a rational and intelligent football conversation.

It's futile to try to explain something to someone that they either refuse, are in denial about or are just too unintelligent to comprehend. You and I know that the Bills are 32nd (that's DEAD LAST) in defense, have only one interception this season and have no running game to speak of.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has zero margin of error. Not even Peyton Manning nor Tom Brady could win games under the circumstances that Fitzpatrick is faced with. That's not saying that he is as good as them, but the fact is that,in the six games that he's played, he's resurrected a long dormant passing game which has been dead since 2002. He's the only reason the Bill have been close enough to win.

They see our support for Ryan Fitzpatrick as confirmation that he's "the chosen one" rather than the reality of it being our excitement at the possibility that he's "the chosen one" given his very good and consistent play this season. 13 TDs in six games? Yeah, I'll take that. 250 YDS per game? Yeah, I'll take that. So they shoot back "Yeah, I'll take a win please!" And so it goes around and around and around...

This team is finally watchable again. I have had a hundred times more fun watching a "go for the throat" team at 0-8 than watching a "scared to make mistakes" 7-9 team. If Fitzpatrick had started the season and this team had a merely average defense then they would be 4-4 and in contention for a playoff spot. That's how I view it.

You might as well give up on the idiots. They're clearly too far gone to be able to have a rational and intelligent football conversation.

+1 well said hombre.