Schopp sticks his foot in his mouth yet again

The_Philster

I'm sorry, was Johnson supposed to say, "No, no, no, don't ask me about anything that is working on our offense and between Fitz and I, we're 0-8 so I should put my head down in shame and go sulk away and you guys can keep going on with what you guys have been saying about us since we were, 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4,0-5, 0-6,0-7, and now, 0-8."

Yeah, it was an a**hat comment by Schopp. The thing that makes it no big deal is that Schopp is an a**hat either way.

EDIT: On this board are we really going to start jumping on a guy who is in his first full season as starter and in the top 20 in three receiving categories and top 13 in two?

I mean, really?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is ironic is that Schopp berates listeners for making uniformed calls and he oftens fails to live up to his own standards ... what bothers me is his treatment of callers and his disdain for people who call in and ask, "how are you today" in a polite manner. He seems like he doesn't like his job or the people who tune in ... hey Schopp, without the listeners there is no "Schopp and the Bulldog"! Stop acting like an ass or quit.

Wow. What a great fan you are. Ripping on a player who is one of the few bright spots on a team. A guy who, despite losing, gives 100% effort and is playing well. The guy is a Buffalo Bill, and you mock him.

It is "know" better.

Maybe he actually meant that the "old schoolers" are no better?

I'll side with Schopp.

The win-loss column doesn't lie.

Hey Stevie, you can spew crap when you become an impact player, until then, the radio guy (who is also a fan) has it over on you.

Yes, that is all fine and good to get on Stevie's case for firing back at this guy but what schopp did was ask a question about his rhythm with Ryan Fitzpatrick, NOT the teams performance as a whole. So, he took a quote out of context just to take a shot at the Bills. First off, YES the Bills ARE 0 and 8. That is plain to see. Everyone is taking shots at the team and that is fine. Why is it necessary to take Stevie's quote out of context to try and make him look delusional about his team's position just to try and be funny? I could make plenty of jokes about this team being bad that would be funnier than his comments and I wouldn't need to try and embarrass a player by twisting words to fit an agenda. It is a !@#$ing joke that some of these media members are even give the right to report anything. I get opinion pieces and news stories aren't the same thing but come on people where do you draw the line with quoting someone. What if I came to your house and asked you about the new paint job on your car and you said "It looks nice, I am glad the paint job came out really well." and then I decided I was going to write the story about your house's paint job using that quote and say something to effect of, "His house is made of bricks though right?" If a newspaper took something like that out of context that grossly in regards to a murder investigation it would be different I bet. Don't defend some jackass who wants to take cheap shots. it's quite possible to talk plenty of **** about the Bills and how bad they are without misleading people with bull ****. The team being win-less doesn't excuse his lack of professionalism. Nor does it excuse your defense of it. <_<

I wonder if they were clicking for Johnson when Fitz threw that last pick.......Schopp's right.

You mean on the throw that was intended for Donald Jones? Nice try, you dolt.

Losers go home and fondle themselves Stevie, Winners go home and f@#k the prom queen.

Nice "The Rock" reference, pop culture references may be missed by people that refuse to accept criticism and rush to judge. The problem is tooting your own horn when the team is 0-8. Sure Stevie has done well, but the Bills aren't winning so obviously things aren't clicking THAT well. I'm glad to see criticism and I'm glad to see that it has fired up players. However, as nice as heart is to see on the field I'd also like to see some talent and wins.

Before we anoint SJ an impact player to lock up forever,why don't we give him a season or two. Decisions based on performance during a few weeks or a season is exactly how we ended up with players like Maybin instead of long term proven talent.

Yes, that is all fine and good to get on Stevie's case for firing back at this guy but what schopp did was ask a question about his rhythm with Ryan Fitzpatrick, NOT the teams performance as a whole. So, he took a quote out of context just to take a shot at the Bills. First off, YES the Bills ARE 0 and 8. That is plain to see. Everyone is taking shots at the team and that is fine. Why is it necessary to take Stevie's quote out of context to try and make him look delusional about his team's position just to try and be funny? I could make plenty of jokes about this team being bad that would be funnier than his comments and I wouldn't need to try and embarrass a player by twisting words to fit an agenda. It is a !@#$ing joke that some of these media members are even give the right to report anything. I get opinion pieces and news stories aren't the same thing but come on people where do you draw the line with quoting someone. What if I came to your house and asked you about the new paint job on your car and you said "It looks nice, I am glad the paint job came out really well." and then I decided I was going to write the story about your house's paint job using that quote and say something to effect of, "His house is made of bricks though right?" If a newspaper took something like that out of context that grossly in regards to a murder investigation it would be different I bet. Don't defend some jackass who wants to take cheap shots. it's quite possible to talk plenty of **** about the Bills and how bad they are without misleading people with bull ****. The team being win-less doesn't excuse his lack of professionalism. Nor does it excuse your defense of it. <_<

Good post, but what I really liked was that part. :thumbsup:

I have no problem with what either person said, but I do not believe that Schopp is a Bills fan. In fact, I think he's stated otherwise--he's not a fan, he covers the team, or something like that. Bulldog is a fan.

Schopp is a tool at all tmies except for his hour on the hobby when he actually is a decent and respectful person, not an arrogant, know it all, !@#$

Schopp is a tool at all tmies except for his hour on the hobby when he actually is a decent and respectful person, not an arrogant, know it all, !@#$

My "favorite" Shoppism was a comment he made referring to Jim Kelly as Mensa-smart about football. The point being, of course, that Kelly had exceptional football intelligence, which is not a terrible point--- until I read an older Buffalo News profile written by Larry Felser which happened to mention that Mike Shopp was a member of: Mensa.

Suddenly, what seemed at first to be a rather innocuous comment about Jimbo became a brutally arrogant self reference. I liked him much better on WNSA when he was competing directly against Chuck Dickerson. After he came to WGR he started getting whiny and bloated with self importance.

I'll side with Schopp.

The win-loss column doesn't lie.

Hey Stevie, you can spew crap when you become an impact player, until then, the radio guy (who is also a fan) has it over on you.

I don't know which "radio guy" your referring to, but Mike Schopp is not a Bills fan. Hell its debatable weather or not he even likes sports by the content and opinions he shares on his show. Sticking up for this loser is a futile effort.

I have bashed Schopp in the past...but he's grown on me lately.

The guy can be an antagonist, and the Dolphins game last year was about as low as he could have gone. He is a fan, he claims not to be, but his reaction says different. He gets upset because he cares...much like the people on this board.

Schopp doesn't have the "I am smarter than you" thing going on...he is just smarter than you. What the guy says make sense, and there are plenty of times that he puts things out for discussion that people misconstrue as his opinion, and when they call they show all fired up and ready to fight, he can be a little crass. In his defense he brings up good, viable topics, and when you call and either bash the team, or defend them, with no adherence to the topic, he becomes annoyed. At the end of the day, it is his show. If you don't like it, don't listen, if you don't listen, he won't have a show. Well...not you alone, which means he must be doing something right because he is one of the go to guys at the station.

This team is winless. That is a fact. Schopp put Stevie on Front St in an inappropriate manner...he acknowledged it, but he is absolutely right, in the fact that it is !@#$ing awesome to see Stevie jump his **** for it.

I am excited for the prospects of this team, and many of it's young players. If anything this is a positive situation, and may actually be a sort of bridge in the gap between the Bills and the local media. It is sad, we could have the best coverage if there was a little more of a connection, instead both are kind of like high school girls, taking shots at each other, and never while they coexist, without possessing the ability, or willingness, to bury the hatchet for the good of the fans, which is ultimately the health of their products.

Schopp is a radio personality, who is payed to cause a stir and drum up some listeners...I applaud the free marketing, and I hope it lights a fire under he ass of this team, and we don't wait to fall behind before we make the game interesting, only to watch an errant throw get picked and blow it.

Being a radio hack obviously has its perks. You can dump calls you don't agree with, you can make fun of peoples greetings( how are you guys, or whats going on). You can tell me what your ten opinions are even though that's all I hear from you for 4 hours. You can tell me how my opinions on play calling, talent evaluation, officiating, roster moves, and the up coming draft are all wrong. After you hang up, by the way. And if your defending Schopp's holier then thou attitude, I have to question which side of his family tree you hang from or, if in fact Schopp is actually smarter then you. This seems like it might be more plausible. Mike Schopp exudes negativity. If you can't feel it, turn up your radio. The worst is when he hosts Bills post-game shows. Hey dickhead, its for the fans to vent, not for you to shut down there opinions and go on a diatribe for 10 minutes at a time to make you feel more important then you are. If it weren't for the fans and the Bills, this hack wouldn't have a job. Show some fn respect. I'm sorry if your dad never played catch with you when you were a boy. Get over it. Your not a nice human being. But radio gives him license to act like a disrespectful a hole and people like you shower him with praise.

I, like many others, listen to his show because its the only real hometown sports talk we have going, but I would happily trade my right pinky finger to get Howard Simon and Jeremy White on in the afternoon. They have meaningful interviews with players, they talk to national media, and they give a more in depth look at Buffalo sports then the afternoon show does. WGR in general though, has alienated most of the Bills organization, and I feel Mike Schopp has led that charge. So if you want more Sullivan segments as opposed to real reporting from your "news" men, keep giving the ball to the go to guy at GR, Mike Schopp.

Well since this thread about that piece-of-crap radio station has once again floated to the top of the board (I wonder who from 'GR keeps bumping it?), I'll post this -

There should be an immediate, strictly-enforced ban of any and all mention on TBD/TSW of that Bills-bashing waste of bandwidth.

JMO, of course, but I wouldn't even acknowledge the existence of that radio-refuse.

Edited by The Senator

Well since this thread about that piece-of-crap radio station has once again floated to the top of the board (I wonder who from 'GR keeps bumping it?), I'll post this -

There should be an immediate, strictly-enforced ban of any and all mention on TBD/TSW of that Bills-bashing waste of bandwidth.

JMO, of course, but I wouldn't even acknowledge the existence of that radio-refuse.

Do you see the irony in that you just acknowledged the existence of a radio station whose existence you assertively declared you wouldn't acknowledge?? ? :oops: