Robert Quinn - DE North Carolina

PIZ

This guy reminds me of Bruce Smith. The Bills needs Defense first, in my opinion. I want a chance at the playoffs next year, and Luck wouldn't do that. Why was Robert Quinn suspended?

Robert Quinn highlights

He was involved in the agents paying players fiasco.

If he hadn't been suspended and barring injury, he would certainly be a top 5 prospect and in the discussion for number 1 overall, especially since the team he would have had around him (again, without all of the suspensions) would have steamrolled everyone.

As it is now, it's a tough call. He's obviously got the talent and most likely knows enough to play by the rules from here on out (I don't know his history, maybe this wasn't his first offense?). But it would just feel like one of those boom or bust picks that the Bills always find a way to be on the wrong end of. It's a big chance taking a guy that high who hasn't played in over a year and then is expected to make the jump to the NFL game.

Given how much we need defense, I definitely wouldn't be against he pick, but it would be nerve wracking.

Another one year wonder who would probably have to be moved to OLB if he doesn't put on more weight/muscle. Great speed, but needs to develop better moves to get by bigger and stronger lineman at the next level. Sounds like somebody we already have?

Another one year wonder who would probably have to be moved to OLB if he doesn't put on more weight/muscle. Great speed, but needs to develop better moves to get by bigger and stronger lineman at the next level. Sounds like somebody we already have?

He's 6'5 - 270 and holds the record at UNC with a power clean lift of 374lbs, but just because he's ALSO fast (broke Julius Pepper's lineman record in the 40 with 4.38) he's obviously just like "somebody we already have"?

He was suspended because he took money from an agent.

If Luck is available, they should draft him without hesitation. If they decide to draft defense, they should draft MARCELL DAREUS from Alabama. He is already playing in a pro-style defense, instead of not playing at all. He can stuff the run and rush the passer, both qualities the Bills desperately need.

However, you might be right because this team needs another sophmore player who can't play the run who has a lot of upside even though he has a small resume, and he has questionable judgement to boot.

Ok, you obviously are talking out of your ass. I am an avid Tarheel football fan and haven't missed watching a game in years, and this kid is the real deal. First, he doesn't just have great speed, but he has great size and height at 6'5 270lbs. Not only does he have strength, size and speed he has good moves, he has a good ability to dip below tackles blocks.

I remember a couple years ago I wrote thread about Hakeem Nicks and how he was going to be the best WR out of that years draft and look at the kid. Quinn is going to be a beast, and if Luck isn't available then I would be very happy if we were to select him.

The most awesome case scenario would be Luck in the 1st and Quinn in the 2nd. Because of his year off he could very well fall.

He's not going to drop to the second. No chance in hell, I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the top 10.

Ok, you obviously are talking out of your ass. I am an avid Tarheel football fan and haven't missed watching a game in years, and this kid is the real deal. First, he doesn't just have great speed, but he has great size and height at 6'5 270lbs. Not only does he have strength, size and speed he has good moves, he has a good ability to dip below tackles blocks.

I remember a couple years ago I wrote thread about Hakeem Nicks and how he was going to be the best WR out of that years draft and look at the kid. Quinn is going to be a beast, and if Luck isn't available then I would be very happy if we were to select him.

He's not going to drop to the second. No chance in hell, I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the top 10.

I agree 100%. He's very Orakpo-ish. UNC doesn't have the horses to compete w/ the best of the ACC and other non-conference powers, but they were kept in a lot of games because their defense was always nasty. Top 20 at worst, and he'll probably rise when he "gets to tell his side of the story."

He's 6'5 - 270 and holds the record at UNC with a power clean lift of 374lbs, but just because he's ALSO fast (broke Julius Pepper's lineman record in the 40 with 4.38) he's obviously just like "somebody we already have"?

No. He's like somebody we already have because people want to reach for him based on one productive year at college. He's fast, but he doesn't have any other moves besides a speed rush. The potential is there. I'm not debating that. But is he worth a top 3 pick after having not been able to play football this season. That answer is no. However, he may end up being a Pro Bowl DE for years to come. We're not in the position to be making a gamble like that with such a high pick.

This guy reminds me of Bruce Smith. The Bills needs Defense first, in my opinion. I want a chance at the playoffs next year, and Luck wouldn't do that. Why was Robert Quinn suspended?

Robert Quinn highlights

Take a few minutes, go on youtube, and compare Robert Quinn with Nick Fairley DE Auburn.

Nick Fairley is a monster much the way that Bruce Smith was once upon a time. He may look like a DT, but he plays like a DE. Mark it down, this kid is going to be the first defensive player off the board.

You can have Luck, give me...

...Nick Fairley

...the "head case" LT from miami who will fall into the 2nd

...a solid inside linebacker in the 3rd

...hopefully Merriman is good and the Bills can strike a deal with him

Bills would have a good team that's playoff ready, baby.

No. He's like somebody we already have because people want to reach for him based on one productive year at college. He's fast, but he doesn't have any other moves besides a speed rush. The potential is there. I'm not debating that. But is he worth a top 3 pick after having not been able to play football this season. That answer is no. However, he may end up being a Pro Bowl DE for years to come. We're not in the position to be making a gamble like that with such a high pick.

I agree that it's a risk, but this guy doesn't compare AT ALL to Maybin. For starters, he played two years, starting most of his first year where as a true freshman he was in the race for ACC defensive rookie of the year (this is after having brain surgery to remove a tumor one year earlier). In his sophomore season he racked up 17 tackles for loss (for -214 yards!), 11 sacks and 6 forced fumbles. He was second in voting for ACC Defensive player of the year.

He is big, strong and fast. He uses his speed, but he also has power moves and can get through and around the OL. I'm not sure how to argue that he only has speed moves other than to say you should have watched his games.

Agree or don't agree that he should be picked that high, but comparing him to Maybin for any reason is lazy.

He is nothing like Maybin, besides being bigger he was more than a ten game starter. Bottom line this kid rocks and would be the overall #1 choice if not suspended and we should draft him.

Robert Quinn highlights

If Quinn can get this team to the playoffs next year he must be able to play DE, OT, LB, S and TE all at the same time - that's an impressive young man......