running game is the problem

Fitz is not the problem it's our running game. I don't know what's wrong with fred and spiller but these guys need to quit dancing around and hit the whole. Maybe the coaches lit into spiller at the end because his last few runs were hard chargin no srewin around. Fitz first int was bad but if the coaches had any confidence in the running game he wouldn't have to throw all the time. No QB can throw that much without a few bad plays which unfortunately Kill us every week. Fitz is great but he can't carry the team on his own.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Fitz is not the problem it's our running game. I don't know what's wrong with fred and spiller but these guys need to quit dancing around and hit the whole. Maybe the coaches lit into spiller at the end because his last few runs were hard chargin no srewin around. Fitz first int was bad but if the coaches had any confidence in the running game he wouldn't have to throw all the time. No QB can throw that much without a few bad plays which unfortunately Kill us every week. Fitz is great but he can't carry the team on his own.

I don't think Fitz is great. I don't think he starts for most NFL teams. It is truly a function of just how bad the team is overall that he is mentioned as one of the elite players on this team.

It's great we got rid of Lynch because from what I remember we had 3good backs. The two we kept are working out just fine..

We ran the ball 15 times and passed 51, and when CJ finally got some chances late in the game they stopped giving him the ball. He had like 7 runs all game. That's not a formula for success.

We ran the ball 15 times and passed 51, and when CJ finally got some chances late in the game they stopped giving him the ball. He had like 7 runs all game. That's not a formula for success.

End of discussion. Few teams ever win when they run the ball 15 times and throw it 51 times. No running back is going to be successful with 8-10 carries per game.

Gailey needs to stick to the run game and stop giving up on it so early. He's become entirely too pass happy!

I don't think Fitz is great. I don't think he starts for most NFL teams. It is truly a function of just how bad the team is overall that he is mentioned as one of the elite players on this team.

I really have to disagree dude. Statistically, Fitz is in the top 10 in every QB category, WITH 2 LESS GAMES. And what exactly is he working with on offense? How many players on our offense would start on an elite team? He's giving us great production with below average talent.

Fitz has been a big part of the renewed offense, yet he is so maddeningly inconsistent with his accuracy he is part of the reason the Bills have lost. Even without a run game today, the passing game was there for the taking and when he was wild, he managed to do that. Sadly, his accuracy blows from great to horrible in the span of a single throw.

I would agree that CJ does too much dancing. The pros are bigger faster and much better than college and he needs to temper his dancing considerably.

Most of the problem, today anyway, is our line gets rag-dolled by the Bears D. An orange traffic cone could block better than TE David Martin.

PTR

Who was the old man wearing #22, dude blows. Was like watching molasses drip - slow and sluggish.

Don't understand the Fred love this year.

End of discussion. Few teams ever win when they run the ball 15 times and throw it 51 times. No running back is going to be successful with 8-10 carries per game.

Gailey needs to stick to the run game and stop giving up on it so early. He's become entirely too pass happy!

This is idiotic. Stick to the running game? If the Bills had stuck to the running game they would have been three and out on most of their drives. The Bears were stuffing every run at or behind the line of scrimage. Those people who continually insist the team keep handing it off no matter what the circumstances of the game are beyond help.

I really have to disagree dude. Statistically, Fitz is in the top 10 in every QB category, WITH 2 LESS GAMES. And what exactly is he working with on offense? How many players on our offense would start on an elite team? He's giving us great production with below average talent.

Not saying that he sucks or is the only reason this team is losing. He just doesn't look like a great QB to me. Good backup, sure. "Great"? Hell, no.

As far as the stats, Mike Tomlin always says, "Statistics are for losers."

This is idiotic. Stick to the running game? If the Bills had stuck to the running game they would have been three and out on most of their drives. The Bears were stuffing every run at or behind the line of scrimage. Those people who continually insist the team keep handing it off no matter what the circumstances of the game are beyond help.

CJ Spiller in the 2nd half:

(Shotgun) 21-C.Spiller left end to BUF 35 for -1 yards (30-D.Moore, 33-C.Tillman).

(Shotgun) 21-C.Spiller up the middle to CHI 35 for 5 yards (69-H.Melton, 71-I.Idonije).

21-C.Spiller right end pushed ob at BUF 32 for 3 yards (46-C.Harris).

21-C.Spiller right guard to CHI 20 for 15 yards (46-C.Harris, 38-D.Manning).

Yeah, would have been idiotic to keep trying to run :rolleyes:

PS. Pretty sure both our 2nd half TDs came on runs, too. Just sayin'.

Edited by ajzepp

Well, the problem with Spiller is that he is not an O lineman. The problem with Fred is there is no hole for him to run through because Spiller is not an O lineman. The funny thing is that O lineman would also be able to block for Fitz, which would improve our passing game too.

If you think the problem with our running game is our backs you are sadly mistaken.