Comments on Chargers Message board

Having lived out in SD Chef Jim, they hated him, nothing but a show off with his dancing.

I never cared at all for his "lights out" routine after a sack. Geez, you have to go all the way back to Bruce for a Bill that did some sort of a sack dance. Of course there haven't been a lot of sacks for the Bills since Bruce left. Shoebel had some, but never got excited about anything. Act like you've been there...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans here LOVED Trent Edwards, some LOVED Losman....................

These are not good compares... not only were Losman and Edwards nowhere near what Merriman's been, but the "love" for them was always split. Both had lots of detractors and both had lots of people that wanted to get behind them and hoped they succeeded (God, we need a QB),... but that's not "love"

Comparison to Chris Speilman would be better...

I have heard the guy on ESPN say ...."December In Buffalo" brrrrr

Let me tell ya, it's just as cold as far east as KC. Unless Merriman went to

a California team...he was gonna be colder!!

Lets see just how good he is.....strap it up.

He needs to have a decent rest of the season to get a new

deal wherever he goes.

BuffTown will LOVE Shawne Merriman.

(Still can't believe Nix didn't sign the Steelers 4th-round reject Taddeus Gibson - obviously Nix was either napping or has no interest in improving the team! :rolleyes::w00t: )

How does Taddeus get mentioned in the same breath as Merriman? One is a pro bowler and a star, the other never plays?

I don't get the Taddeus cheering section on the TSW and apparently, neither do the Steelers?

I have heard the guy on ESPN say ...."December In Buffalo" brrrrr

Let me tell ya, it's just as cold as far east as KC. Unless Merriman went to

a California team...he was gonna be colder!!

Lets see just how good he is.....strap it up.

He needs to have a decent rest of the season to get a new

deal wherever he goes.

Exactly...I've lived all over the eastern half of the US, including Kansas. And I tell you what, there are PLENTY of places as cold or colder than B-lo. Hell, even Kansas...it gets FARKIN COLD there in the winter! The year I moved away we had like 4-6' snow drifts that winter. Yes, that's commonplace in B-lo, but just reiterating the point above. Buffalo hasn't cornered the market on cold.

Merriman hasn't been even a shadow of himself since he got off the juice... It's worth a flyer, but this one stinks of Vince Ferragamo.

Im guilty of saying the same thing in the recent past. However, I've recently had some research and facts shown to me that has made me change my tune.

Per PFT:

Many assume that Merriman hasn't been the same since serving a four-game suspension in 2006 for violating the steroids policy. But that's not accurate. He had 8.5 sacks in five games after returning from suspension. In 2007, he racked up 12.5 sacks in 15 games.

The problem came in 2008, when Merriman played in only one game with a damaged PCL. Last year, as he fought to come back from the lost season, he had no sacks in 14 games, and a total of four sacks in two of them.

Gotta hope for the best and BILL-ieve!!

BuffTown will LOVE Shawne Merriman.

(Still can't believe Nix didn't sign the Steelers 4th-round reject Taddeus Gibson - obviously Nix was either napping or has no interest in improving the team! :rolleyes::w00t: )

another message board GM who thinks he knows more than a guy who has been in the business for 40 years.

secondly whaley didnt want him either i'm sure they didnt claim him just because they didnt want to cut corto or one of their other stars,get real.

if nix or whaley wanted him and thought of him as highly as you they would have claimed him.

i'll bet my life you never heard of the guy before he was cut but because he was cut form the steelers he had to be great,whatever.

another message board GM who thinks he knows more than a guy who has been in the business for 40 years.

secondly whaley didnt want him either i'm sure they didnt claim him just because they didnt want to cut corto or one of their other stars,get real.

if nix or whaley wanted him and thought of him as highly as you they would have claimed him.

i'll bet my life you never heard of the guy before he was cut but because he was cut form the steelers he had to be great,whatever.

I'm almost positive The Senator was being sarcastic.

To me, that means a lot! It means more than anything that comes from any of the network talking heads. The hardcore fans are the ones who actually watch every snap and base their opinions on real evidence instead of soundbites.

Sure........and everyone here is more knowledgeable that the "networks talking heads" as well.

Merriman hasn't been even a shadow of himself since he got off the juice... It's worth a flyer, but this one stinks of Vince Ferragamo.

I know - those steriods really were working for him. That and the working knee. I guess we will see which was the actual dropoff now that the knee should be getting back to 100%

Injuries like that normally take two years to regain explosiveness, even if your on the field sooner. I don't think steroids have the same 2 year wait and he put up 12.5 a year removed. Anecdotal evidence points to him having a shot.

I'm almost positive The Senator was being sarcastic.

Yea I think that was pretty obvious on many levels.... I guess someone missed the memo

The Senator is being sarcastic because people on this board were up in arms over the Bills not claiming the cut Steelers guy.

Miami? Tampa Bay? Jacksonville? Carolina? N'Orleans? Texas? 'Zona? (uncertain)

Actually,

If I were a football player (and I'm not) I'd much rather play in Buffalo's cold for the last few games of the season than Miami's, Jacksonville's, Tampa Bay's, New Orleans' heat and humidity for the majority of the season (N.O. may get a pass because of their dome ... but do they practice in the dome???).

As far as Texas, 'Zona, and Carolina, I can't comment on their weather because I've never lived there ... but my assumptions are they are hot as heck there too.

As an aside ... my son and I attended a game in Jax (in Sept) and we thought we were gonna die ... I'll bet I spent $75 dollars on bottled water ... I will never understand how the players play in the heat like that.