No outrage over Merrimans past arrest?

CodeMonkey

when you've sunk to the LAST team w/o a win. You do what you have to.

BTW

what do you call your avatar showing bigboobs? Manly? or someone who enjoys treating women like meat??

Whoa there captain sensitive, I think you might have hung a wrong turn on the internet. Oprah's bookclub meets on a different site.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a long, thought out response typed up. But I've deleted it since I'm tired of having to defend sanity on this board so often. So instead, Im posting the following:

"Thread is retarded."

More like "Thread is attention seeking by a depressed individual"

Where are all the people who in the past have been outraged by Vicks dog torture and Pig Bens alleged rape?

Where are all the people who thought dumping Lynch was a great move because of his legal problems?

Doesn't choking a woman and holding her prisoner count?

The charges were dropped in a week (unlike Pig Ben who never had charges filed in the first place)and personally I don't think it should matter as far as playing football is concerned. But I'm curious why people aren't outraged by Merriman being a Bill now?

Well, "Tila Tequila" apparently had some sort of relationship with Merriman. Statements from a bar where they'd been drinking said she was visibly intoxicated, had been drinking vodka and tequila shots. Merriman was said to have ordered only bottled water.

Merriman's story was that he was trying to keep her from getting hurt or hurting someone else.

The story ended in dueling lawsuits, settled OOC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/08/shawne-merriman-tila-tequ_n_279076.html

Call me naive if you like, the story seems different than Vick (incontrovertible evidence) or Big Ben

(multiple incidents, one woman whose only mistake was responding as an employee to a service request,

one woman whose mistake was getting drunk in a bar where Ben and his private security goons were hanging)

At the very least, there is a story (with some backing testimony) with which I have sympathy

I know folks who drove home when they shouldn't have, and no one stopped them

you cant compare these different situations... then you have to go on what really matters to you. for me- big ben: no charges mean i have no idea what to really think so i lean towards innocent until proven guilty. stallworth: horrible accident i believe he was truely sorry for. Marshawn: just dumb. vick: malicious horrible person, i dont think he's sorry for more than getting caught. merriman: in the position many pros get put in but overall i'm not worried about him.

I had a long, thought out response typed up. But I've deleted it since I'm tired of having to defend sanity on this board so often. So instead, Im posting the following:

"Thread is retarded."

Always remember these words:

Cheeful service no matter how tiring or arduous the task may be. Never get tired.

Touche. :flirt:

To answer your question though, no, I do not, this thread isn't about me, and I've never had those sort of accusations aimed my direction. That woman chose to dress that way, and I happen to like it. Big difference. Would I act like anything less than a gentleman in her presence? Never.

The Bills took TO to try to win. If Merriman keeps out of trouble and helps the Bills - then Mission Accomplished.

I am guilty as charged - Men are pigs. You can act like a gentleman all you want. It's what happens in your brain. Most men see that and they drool.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't the topic how he treated women?

Another way to look at it .. Does she have your permission to post het photo?

Whoa there captain sensitive, I think you might have hung a wrong turn on the internet. Oprah's bookclub meets on a different site.

Sorry what? The thing you may have missed - is how the person I replied to understood my meaning.

If I'm wrong I apologize.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You're an idiot

Such an intellegent response, I guess you have now just proven me wrong :rolleyes:

+1. That was the same exact response I would have typed. The ignorance on this board has gotten to some impressive levels recently.

Whats so ignorant about what I said?

The double standards around here are amazing, he comes to Buffalo and all the sudden everyone is digging for excuses ("Maybe it was just a tainted supplement?") and ready to annoint him a saint "was just trying to keep a drunk driver off the road, he should be given an award!" and "Who cares, it was just Tila Tequila!"

Yet BR we will crucify when he has never been CHARGED, let alone convicted of anything (And the NFL is not a court of Law, and theres really no method to Goodells punishments except how he feels that day)

Edited by apuszczalowski

vick is a scumbag for sure. There's no debating anything here. The only people who can debate anything here are people who dont like dogs.

Lynch's problem are not all that serious i my opinion.,

Ben, Merriman, ... accusations. One persons word against another. Talk to me when theres solid proof of anything. Roids... who cares.....

Edited by zer0vette

Where are all the people who in the past have been outraged by Vicks dog torture and Pig Bens alleged rape?

Where are all the people who thought dumping Lynch was a great move because of his legal problems?

Doesn't choking a woman and holding her prisoner count?

The charges were dropped in a week (unlike Pig Ben who never had charges filed in the first place)and personally I don't think it should matter as far as playing football is concerned. But I'm curious why people aren't outraged by Merriman being a Bill now?

Tila Tequila is a nut job. Were you there? Why would anyone be outraged at a story that noone knows the details of? Makes no sense. Let's not creat controversy where none exists. If he had a history of this, then I could see questioning his character, but there is nothing to suggest that he is violent against women.

The double standards around here are amazing, he comes to Buffalo and all the sudden everyone is digging for excuses ("Maybe it was just a tainted supplement?") and ready to annoint him a saint "was just trying to keep a drunk driver off the road, he should be given an award!" and "Who cares, it was just Tila Tequila!"

Yet BR we will crucify when he has never been CHARGED, let alone convicted of anything (And the NFL is not a court of Law, and theres really no method to Goodells punishments except how he feels that day)

First off, if you want to bother looking at my opinion of Ben you could look through my post history and find out. I'm not going to waste time going over that again. Second, Tila ADMITTED to being drunk, Shawne was only doing the right thing.

You're an idiot

+ 1

You're embarrassing yourself APutz. You seem to be trying to paint this picture of Merrmiman as having beaten Tila Tequila to a bloody pulp in a fit of steroid-induced rage when the reality of the situation (as corroborated by numerous witness with no connection to either party) is that Merriman retrained a hysterical Tequila from trying to drive her car while in a seriously intoxicated state. This story was accepted by the police and charges were dropped.

You trying to make up your own story to win in the court of public opinion fails on every level.

Such an intellegent response, I guess you have now just proven me wrong :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure Goodell was on the rag the day he handed down Ben's punishment and there was no justifiable reason why he was suspended. :rolleyes:

Use some common sense in seeing that Ben had a defined pattern of behavior with two well publicized incidents. The NFL stepped in with what you can call an intervention. They know what happened, and they are trying to stop Ben from totally destroying his life by repeating his actions for a third time.

As far as Merriman goes, he is guilty of using roids. You're making something out of nothing, just like this whole dumb thread. Tila Tequila is a wannabe star as she tries to get whatever publicity she can and she blew something out of proportion. Her credibility is next to nothing. That is why police dropped the charges against Merriman and why the NFL did nothing. People do joke around on here. You kind of need to lighten up and change your Tila Tequila screensaver while you're at it.

The Bills took TO to try to win. If Merriman keeps out of trouble and helps the Bills - then Mission Accomplished.

I am guilty as charged - Men are pigs. You can act like a gentleman all you want. It's what happens in your brain. Most men see that and they drool.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't the topic how he treated women?

Another way to look at it .. Does she have your permission to post het photo?

Yes, she has my permission, but for some reason, I don't think that is what you meant to say. I do get the distinct impression that she likes to be looked at.

I understand what you're getting at and agree to a point, but the topic is about battery, not voyerism. My avatar is intended to highlight my beloved state. The eye candy serves to draw attention to the shirt she is wearing, and depicts the two places I prefer to rest my head at night.

Edited by Buffalokie