No outrage over Merrimans past arrest?

CodeMonkey

Where are all the people who in the past have been outraged by Vicks dog torture and Pig Bens alleged rape?

Where are all the people who thought dumping Lynch was a great move because of his legal problems?

Doesn't choking a woman and holding her prisoner count?

The charges were dropped in a week (unlike Pig Ben who never had charges filed in the first place)and personally I don't think it should matter as far as playing football is concerned. But I'm curious why people aren't outraged by Merriman being a Bill now?

It's different - that "woman" would have driven most men to drink or worse and as you said the charges were quickly dropped.

It's not like Ray Lewis - where some dude outside an Atlanta night club sprouts spontaneous knife wounds and dies and only Ray and his crew were present, but no one was found guilty...how does that work?

Ray is a tremendous athlete even though he is heading towards the twilight of his career and he could help this team too, but I would feel a bit more like we were selling our collective souls to win....

I like to think there are still great athletes out there who have not or will not let success turn them into complete morons...

You are seeing a bit more of a back-lash against those types of players in the league - ala the Vikes flushing that turd Moss and most teams that did their homework passing on him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet BR we will crucify when he has never been CHARGED, let alone convicted of anything (And the NFL is not a court of Law, and theres really no method to Goodells punishments except how he feels that day)

Most people here sided with BR when he was first accused. the 2nd time in a year though.... that was a red flag for something along with a lot of other suspicious behavior going on at the incident.

You can't tell me that is the same as two celeberties having a scoffle in front of witnesses, one drinking and the other not, and the witnesses take the side of the LESS famous person. Really, it is completly different. Are you really saying that is the same as two people drinking, one being underage, don't know eachother, one is a celeb, the other is a college student, somehow get pushed into a bathroom alone together guarded by said celebs body guards, and gets accused for the 2nd time while saying things to the police that were not only disrespectful but a borderline confession? come on.....

The worst thing about merriman is the steriod use... but the past 2 years, no one has complained about him here because he has been insignificant. When he was playing good, sure, people said a lot of smack talk about him. But I think you are confusining trash talk with legit opinions. I think less that 1% of the people here would say back then "let's not take merriman because he is a roid user."

Every team has players that used roids and recreational drugs. If you think people should be just as outraged with drugs as much as they are with acts of violence, then I think your perception is very messed up. A violent person is much less forgivable than the drug user.

Yes, she has my permission, but for some reason, I don't think that is what you meant to say. I do get the distinct impression that she likes to be looked at.

I understand what you're getting at and agree to a point, but the topic is about battery, not voyerism. My avatar is intended to highlight my beloved state. The eye candy serves to draw attention to the shirt she is wearing, and depicts the two places I prefer to rest my head at night.

Dude, your a creep. No way that girl new you were taking her picture, and now you are using it as your avatar.

Dude, your a creep. No way that girl new you were taking her picture, and now you are using it as your avatar.

The poster I was responding to, mistakenly I presume, asked if "she had my permission to post her photo". I believe what he meant to say was "did I have her permission to post her photo?". I never claimed that I shot the picture, I was just playing on his words. I also conceded that his argument was a valid point, but irrelavent to the original post.

edited to refrain from cussing at the illiterate child 0:)

Edited by Buffalokie

+ 1

You're embarrassing yourself APutz.

You trying to make up your own story to win in the court of public opinion fails on every level.

It's sad to see someone humiliate themselves in this way. There's help out there:

http://suicidehotlines.com/newyork.html

http://www.spsfv.org/hotlines.htm

http://www.psychologyinfo.com/depression/help.html

You don't need to broadcast your personal problems over a public message board, apuszczalowski, there are many ways that you can work out your issues without attention seeking on an internet message board. You'll likely find that this behavior is actually another symptom of depression. We're here for you, but we can only do much.

I visited a Seahawks board shortly after they acquired Lynch and one fan wrote that the Toronto citizen that Lynch struck was also drunk and in the middle of the road. I don't ever recall the event described that way. Interesting how fans can make excuses and see only what they want to see.

Where are all the people who in the past have been outraged by Vicks dog torture and Pig Bens alleged rape?

Where are all the people who thought dumping Lynch was a great move because of his legal problems?

The charges were dropped in a week (unlike Pig Ben who never had charges filed in the first place)and personally I don't think it should matter as far as playing football is concerned. But I'm curious why people aren't outraged by Merriman being a Bill now?

They were just having a dispute...Merriman wanted to "wrong hole" her and she was very against it...he had to show her the way and she got upset...

You think maybe it was a crock of BS to begin with? http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/16/tila-tequila-shawne-merriman-san-diego-chargers-lawsuit-settle-settlement-assault-choke/