Jay Glazer Comments about Merriman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a rat's a** what Glazer thinks. Buddy's job is to improve this team and this move may well do that. If he pans out great. If we resign him, all the better. But to sit on his hands and not take a shot at signing hime is not an option. As PTR said, Glazer also wrote we'd be crackerdogs not to take him. Bottom line is that most of the media are pant-loads who have to either fill copy inches or keep the meters moving to justify their existance. I try to give them as little credence as possible and 90% of the time that attitude gets justified.

This is the most common sense I may have ever read on this board. +10!

The only people who can't understand this move or don't like this move are either:

A: people like glazer, shefter, all of the idiots on the NFLN and the rest of the media who apparently think the Bills should just be pushed into the falls; and

B: people who can't see the big picture and are ASSUMING that he won't re-sign in Buffalo.

Let's look at if Buddy didn't put a claim in. Miami would have got him (not that Buddy would have known that at the time), let's say he plays well with them and then he signs a long term deal. Regardless if its a division opponent or not, Buffalo has exactly a 0% chance of signing him at the end of the year, FA or not, and now we have to look elsewhere to find somebody who can actually play OLB in a 3-4. By claiming him, worst thing happens is he sucks and he leaves, we may or may not get a compensatory draft pick. The chance is still there that he plays well and then leaves, in which case we're almost guaranteed a compensatory pick, but by picking him up, there is the chance that he plays well, that he enjoys himself in the system and playing with the guys around him and that he signs a long term deal. By putting the claim in, we get a 26 year old former pro-bowler who may stay and enjoy a great and productive career in Buffalo.

Don't think for a second that Buddy did this hoping to get a couple of extra wins this year and then say bye bye Shawne...in fact anybody who thinks that definitely fits the idiot category. Buddy did this to get a chance to evaluate the player and see if he can entice him to stay in Buffalo if it works out. It's an 8 game tryout, not an 8 game rental.

The negativity about the Bills in 95% of the media p*sses me off! You get know-nothing d*uches like shefter, glazer and lacanfora who spew this negative crap about Buffalo being the most undesirable place to play in the NFL and that type of stuff spreads into group think with all of the other morons in the media. If they actually bothered to consider the move, it's the most common sense move in the history of waiver wire transactions. Buffalo needs help at OLB, Merriman needs to go to a team that will actually let him play so he can showcase that he's still a good NFL player. Anybody who sees otherwise really just hates on the Bills. Let's not forget that SD CUT HIM!

Anyway, I'm so happy the Bills made this move for no other reason than it looks like 1BD is paying attention. I think this ship is headed in the right direction. We all know it's tough to attract FAs, I applaud the effort.

Who gives a rat's a** what Glazer thinks. Buddy's job is to improve this team and this move may well do that. If he pans out great. If we resign him, all the better. But to sit on his hands and not take a shot at signing hime is not an option. As PTR said, Glazer also wrote we'd be crackerdogs not to take him. Bottom line is that most of the media are pant-loads who have to either fill copy inches or keep the meters moving to justify their existance. I try to give them as little credence as possible and 90% of the time that attitude gets justified.

They are wrong 90% of the time? Link?

More or less he said it was a move that made no sense because we arent going to make the playoffs and he will be out of Buffalo as soon as the seasons over.

Anyone agree?

I think Glazer is wrong.

Thw Bills are trying to improve the team and finally, they do something that looks like a legitimate move. If he can play at a high level that is great for us. He just might playing for Buffalo. It takes him out of the spotlight and he can concentrate on getting his career back on track. The fans will love him if he is anything close to the player he was.

I like the move.

Sounds to me that the media is taking it more from Merriman's perspective than the team's point of view. Do they (specifically Glazer & Schefter) realize that the point of the waiver order is to allow the worst teams to try and get better, thus fielding a more competitive league? This isn't about what's best for the player.

<_<

What he just said.

I think it is a great opportunity to gage just how badly we need LBs. If he is healthy and can play, and there is a significant increase in the play of the defense, then it will show how far off we are or are not.

If he plays well and we start winning game (big if there) we may be able to re-sign him. I see zero down side here.

This is about the only potential benefit I can see. IF he plays well.

More or less he said it was a move that made no sense because we arent going to make the playoffs and he will be out of Buffalo as soon as the seasons over.

Anyone agree?

We should be doing everything possible to win 1 game. If he can do that and we can avoid history, then great.

I think it is a great opportunity to gage just how badly we need LBs. If he is healthy and can play, and there is a significant increase in the play of the defense, then it will show how far off we are or are not.

If he plays well and we start winning game (big if there) we may be able to re-sign him. I see zero down side here.

+1

Anyone agree?

If he comes in here and goes nuts and finishes up with over 10 sacks they would franchise him if possible I would think...