With the #1 overall draft pick.... the Dallas Cowboys select.....

The way things are going, it could happen. Dallas also could have a top 10 pick and may be interested in moving up. So also a potential team to trade with if we wanted to get extra picks and move dow na few spots. I could see JJ wanting the #1 overall for a new QB

Edited by Ed_Roch

The way things are going, it could happen. Dallas also could have a top 10 pick and may be interested in moving up. S oaslo a potential team to trade with if we wanted to get extra picks. I could see JJ wanting the #1 overall for a new QB

The way they are going, if we can pull out a few wins, JJ might not even need to move up.

The way things are going, it could happen. Dallas also could have a top 10 pick and may be interested in moving up. So also a potential team to trade with if we wanted to get extra picks and move dow na few spots. I could see JJ wanting the #1 overall for a new QB

:unsure:

You can get as many WRs, RBs, KRs, and DBs as you want, but if you don’t have great LINES then you don’t win.

Actually, the most common thread amongst consistently winning franchises is getting elite-level play from a franchise quarterback.

lets assume for a second they are top 6 pick would you swap #1s and take romo from them as part of the swap?

Not my number one choice. Romo has not proven to be a winner whatsoever. From his fg fumble three seasons ago to his failures in the last two playoffs, I do not see a qb that I would want leading my team for the forseeable future. I'd actually be fine with Fitz for this rebuilding team if we were to go LB in the 2011 draft. Otherwise, if Luck comes out, taking Romo would be detrimental. Just my two cents.

Romo isnt why the Cowboys are losing...there is no way they will draft a QB with their first round pick. They will almost certainly go OL no matter what pick they end up with.

Jerry Jones is about winning now, and taking a young QB means waiting a few seasons most likely to have a legit shot at the SB. Plus he likes Romo...there is just no way that he takes a QB in the top 10 or trades us Romo to get the #1 pick in the draft if we have it.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Actually, the most common thread amongst consistently winning franchises is getting elite-level play from a franchise quarterback.

I agree that you need a QB, QB is the single most important position on a football team, but that’s not my point. The Cowboys had Romo. They also had Barber and Witten (a very good core). So what do they do? They go out and spend multiple first round picks on skill players like an average WR (Roy Williams) a back up RB (Felix Jones) and yet another WR (Dez Bryant). Now they are a soft football team that is light in the pants at the most crucial part of the football field – the line of scrimmage. They have enough RBs WRs and TEs to field two SB caliber teams, yet an OL that’s as good as their current record (1-5). Their DL is weak too. The 3 most important parts to a football, QB, OL, DL. What do you get when 2 of those 3 suck? 1-5

Look at the Giants. They got a QB. Their RBs are undrafteds. They assembled a great OL and have kept them together – that’s what makes that team good. Now they routinely draft DLmen to get after the QB and won a Superbowl doing it. Sure they added a WR but at the right place and time. Look at the Steelers, the Patriots, the Colts (not so much OL but DL for sure, and they have the best QB to ever play the game which is why they can slide on the OL) the Ravens even. The Rams bring in two Ts and a veteran stud C before Bradford and are winning now. Look at the teams who are always always competing, or just beginning to compete. They have great OLs great DLs and a QB.

The Bills need all three in that equations if we want to compete.

JJ's going to want the Arkansas man Ryan Mallett, isn't he? But Romo wasn't playing badly pre-injury, so I think it's still going to be a tough sell.

Mike, I agree with you 100% about Jones wanting Mallet. He has seen enough of Romo to know that he is a so-so at best qb. Romo is more of a party animal/celebrity than a football player. Mallett has more potential than any qb I for one have ever seen.

I will NEVER want the Bills to lose, but I don't want them to lose Mallett to the cowboys.