Gaither on the outs in Baltimore

Erik

Baltimore should have traded him when they had the chance. Could have had a 3rd round pick (if the rumors were true), now they get nothing.

I'd certainly be in favor of bringing him in. Can't imagine after the last year he's going to be getting top money offers, so he'd be worth brining in and seeing if he can get back to his old ways.

Edited by Faustus

Total Buffalo move right there. I thought our front office was the only one that did things like this?

I felt that whole situation was handled rather oddly. The trade rumors, then moving his position when he got to camp without warning, then the injury. Just an odd situation all around. Hopefully he can get back at it, he'd be nice as an option in the off season. It would save us a draft pick to spend on some other position.

I thought we did the "get Gaither" thing during the preseason?

At that point, it was pretty obvious to anyone who looked at the situation carefully that Baltimore didn't really want to get rid of him.

Now, it looks like he's genuinely available.

One problem is that he won't come all that cheap. Another is that he won't be happy at RT.

If it turns out to be possible, I'd love to get him, but you can't give away the farm for a guy with injury problems.

Total Buffalo move right there. I thought our front office was the only one that did things like this?

Maybe Buddy saw it playing out like this...therefore, he thought they should wait, saving the draft picks and contract extension money.

Which, if true...Buddy looks like a complete and total GENIUS! :flirt:

If Baltimore cuts him its a bad move on their part. A 3rd rounder plus maybe a decent secondary backup (Rumors of a lot of various secondary player being included in a possible deal) sounds like a good deal instead of cutting the guy. All in all the Bills did what they could. I would move a lot of cash to get the guy if I could stick him at RT and try to use him as a piece of a possible rebuilding project. If all it took was money to get a quality RT to come in and help the line I would be all for it.

Then again why would he want to want to come here unless we threw too much cash at him?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/30116/jared-gaither-likely-done-in-baltimore

Could be worth a shot. With a change of scenery he could get his career back on track...does this become an injury settlement issue?

If im the Bills , I take a look and maybe sign him , but it wouldn't affect the way I draft in April. I'd still be making the oline my draft priority , but Gaither coming in would be a plus.

The Bills are a very bad team. Getting players who have a history of being lazy and malcontents is not a smart strategy to improving the situation. At the Univ. of Md. the coach replaced him and basically told him to take a hike. The coach said that no matter how much talent you have if you don't work and attend to your school responsibilities then you don't deserve to be on the field. The coach then replaced him with a lesser talented player who gave better effort and more consistent performances.

Why is anyone surprised that a player who has had issues in the past will not continue to have issues in the present? The Ravens drafted OT Michael Oher after we drafted Maybin. Oher is better than any of our tackles and he is better and more mature than Gaither. The Bills again made a bad decision on draft as they are prone to do.

There is no doubt Gaither has some very imposing physical talents. Those abililties are neutralized by his immaturity. The Bills are just as capable of losing without him as they are with him.

The Bills are a very bad team. Getting players who have a history of being lazy and malcontents is not a smart strategy to improving the situation

Very troo. However, what in the world would make you think the Bills want to improve things? Most of the replies to this post are for acquiring the lazy, unmotivaterd slob. Gaither is exactly the type of player they like and will over pay for. Mediocre at best, and no upside (the Bills have too many players like that already). All the koolaid drinkers will think the Bills actually did something to improve the team, when all they did was bring in another "I've heard of him" player like Torbor, Stroud, Kendall Simmons, Adell. They don't do schitt to help the team win.

Bottom line is that Ralph doesn't give 2 schittz about making this team a winner. If he did, he'd stop meddling and hand the team over to a real GM, Scouting Dept., and HC.

This team will never again win as many as 8 games in Ralph's lifetime. He won't allow it.

Boy things are bad when fans line up to credit Buddy "I sleep during free agency" Nix with not actually trading for Jared Gaither during the off-season. It was obvious that Gaither had a host of issues, namely a back injury, demotion from LT to RT, and wanted major dollars.

The Bills aren't a team looking to add payroll, unless it's draft picks. I doubted they wanted anything to do with Gaither for this reason and the fact Baltimore would demand at least a 3rd round pick. Buffalo would rather use their 3rd rounders on guys who don't dress anyway than have an injured malcontent.