Give me one thing that would make you happy?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to get into specifics, but I would be happy if there were signs that a plan was in place, and that the plan was a good one and likely to work. A promising QB would help, a foundation of a couple of potential studs to build around would be awesome. Unless the plan was to do nothing for a year, then start rebuilding, I'm not seeing a plan. And if that was the plan, I should be allowed to complain all I want until the rebuilding actually starts.

I guess the one thing that would make me most happy would be a proven coach/GM type calling the shots. Buddy Nix is a first-time GM in his 70s, who's spent his entire career as a scout, not even an assistant GM. Chan Gailey's success with Dallas is debatable, but he was definitely a flop at Georgia Tech, and no team other than the Bills considered him for their head coach opening last year. When else has a guy been fired from a coordinator job, then been hired as another team's head coach? That's crazy. I'm tired of seeing crazy moves from my team. I liked the fact that they went hard after Cowher, Shanahan, and Gruden. But after they missed out on those three, the moves they've made have mostly left me puzzled or angry.

It's not just that the Bills are bad. It's that they've been bad for over a decade, they're getting worse, and it doesn't seem like they're going to get any better with the current guys calling the shots.

It's hard to get into specifics, but I would be happy if there were signs that a plan was in place, and that the plan was a good one and likely to work. A promising QB would help, a foundation of a couple of potential studs to build around would be awesome. Unless the plan was to do nothing for a year, then start rebuilding, I'm not seeing a plan. And if that was the plan, I should be allowed to complain all I want until the rebuilding actually starts.

I guess the one thing that would make me most happy would be a proven coach/GM type calling the shots. Buddy Nix is a first-time GM in his 70s, who's spent his entire career as a scout, not even an assistant GM. Chan Gailey's success with Dallas is debatable, but he was definitely a flop at Georgia Tech, and no team other than the Bills considered him for their head coach opening last year. When else has a guy been fired from a coordinator job, then been hired as another team's head coach? That's crazy. I'm tired of seeing crazy moves from my team. I liked the fact that they went hard after Cowher, Shanahan, and Gruden. But after they missed out on those three, the moves they've made have mostly left me puzzled or angry.

It's not just that the Bills are bad. It's that they've been bad for over a decade, they're getting worse, and it doesn't seem like they're going to get any better with the current guys calling the shots.

Excellent post! :thumbsup:

Nix was assistant GM in San Diego

Post of the decade. Epic. :worthy:

At this point... I think I'd settle for just watching the Bills play a football game. It feels like it's been about 6 or 7 years since I've actually seen the Bills play football. I watch people with the Bills logo on their helmet each week stumble around the field. But, it seems like forever since I've seen them play and look like a competent football team.

... ok... that's all too much perhaps. I'll change my request to being able to carry The Senator's bags on his next "vacation".

There will be nothing that will make me happy about this season.....it is lost.

I am already looking to the offseason....the things that will make me happy.

- A QB with our 1st selection....and not some "where the heck did he come from!" pick based on potential from some small school where he put up goddy numbers.....give us a QB that came from a Pro System in a good conference and put up the numbers plays....a LEGIT franchise QB that we can biuld around.

- BRING IN FREE AGENTS...yes we need to biuld through the draft.....but purge this team of the dead weight, draft your players, but bring in legit NFL players to create competition at the different positions

- GET A GOOD TIGHT END.....please bring in someone that can both block AND get open and catch the friggen ball....please stop with the "well this guy blocks well so" and "well this guy can catch so".....get one that CAN DO BOTH PLEASE

- Get a LEGIT Right Tackle.....draft one AND bring in a free agent please!

- Move Eric Wood to Center....put him where he belongs

- Oh and last but not least.....show the fans you haven't lost your mind and move Kelsay somewhere due to having a easy contract to handle.....he is not a outside linebacker

When I say happy, you could lay off the Bills and let the rebuilding process proceed.

Examples: 300 yard game from Fitzpatrick. 150 yards rushing game by Spiller, a new GM or Head coach.A new Stadium.A new Quarterback... etc

Give it your best shot! :thumbsup:

Honestly this is a REAL tough question! I'm not sure they can do anything right now to make me happy...Cancel the Kelsay extension? I don't know...I don't care much about anything Fitz does cause he's not our QB of the future...And a win right now would be great, but then again not so much...Cause the only way the Bills can assure themselves of having the pick of the litter is to finish with the worst record...Can you imagine going 2-14 and losing out on a Franchise QB to Cleveland because they went 1-15?...Man that would suck! And having that 1st Pick opens all possibilities...

So I guess the answer can only be long term...Secure the #1 Pick in the 2011 Draft...That would make me VERY happy... B-)