What do you do with Maybin?

ndirish1978

The kid was our 1st rounder 2 drafts ago. This coaching staff won't even put him on the field for more than 2 plays a game and our defense is TERRIBLE. Are we going to wind up cutting this moron? I'd at least like to see them stick him in there for a majority of the defensive snaps for a few games and let him learn the hard way.

Maybin road his 11 sacks to a big pay day, he was 20 when he declared for the draft. Never should have come out but money was his biggest motivator. He'll turn 23 next year, about the same age as most kids drafted in '11. I'd give him one more year. Look at guys like Cameron Wake or James Harrison, late bloomers.

Looking at Maybin, he doesn't have an ounce of pass rushing talent when he steps on the field. Then I remember his age, and the fact he came out way too early. Regardless, he probably has another training camp to show what he's got before getting the ax.

I see no reason to call the kid a moron. If he is not being played, it is the coaching staff that is making that decision. From what I can see so far, on this defense, there are multiple players that are not where they should be. I do not care what it is, sports, war, chess, or checkers, if you are moving your players in the wrong way, you are going to lose!

Maybin is 22 years old, most of the players coming out next year will be the same age that he will be. Time to let the kid play, can't stop the run, well then, he should fit in well with the rest of the D. It is called OJT, on the job training, it is a common practice in the business world, and this is after all, a business! Play the kid! In fact play all the kids, Troup, Carrington, Just Do It!

I see no reason to call the kid a moron. If he is not being played, it is the coaching staff that is making that decision. From what I can see so far, on this defense, there are multiple players that are not where they should be. I do not care what it is, sports, war, chess, or checkers, if you are moving your players in the wrong way, you are going to lose!

Maybin is 22 years old, most of the players coming out next year will be the same age that he will be. Time to let the kid play, can't stop the run, well then, he should fit in well with the rest of the D. It is called OJT, on the job training, it is a common practice in the business world, and this is after all, a business! Play the kid! In fact play all the kids, Troup, Carrington, Just Do It!

Hmm... interesting take. I guess you took pee breaks during all the times he's hit the field this year (pun intended).

He isn't impressing, so I guess you haven't missed anything.

He seems like a cool guy, but I fear he was a swing and a miss in terms of the draft.

he has dancing with the stars written all over him. he probably views his lack of football production as a major impediment to his career as a half-assed celebrity.

Not a chance. Dancing wants people who have had 15 minutes of fame beyond just Buffalo.

Play the guy back to back full games, not this "obvious passing downs" crap, and if he stinks it up, sit him down for the year. Let him get into the flow of game at least. If next year by training camp he looks useless, cut or trade him.

I think he should be moved inside, with his speed (athleticism as they call it), at least he could chase guys down, and he's a one trick pony on the outside = his pattened speed rush to nowhere on the outside edge. Wouldn't moving him inside at least give him a chance to fool people once-in-a-while on the pass rush. And let's face it, he can't be any worse than any of the rest of the linebacking crew at covering and tackling people.

Maybin is the best example of Ralph, Littman and Overdorf run this team.

Do not spend money on quality people who know how to run a team and then let them do it, but waste money on a player who had 1 season of football and pay him $27M guaranteed. Then they cry about it.

We should have seen how questionable this pick was based on 1 yr and his agent JJ Arrington from Penn. Arrington was the same situation, big choice, hold out and then bust. Arrington tought Maybinb well.

The decision on Maybin is, cut him now, or get some football people who can develop players.

:wallbash:

The kid was our 1st rounder 2 drafts ago. This coaching staff won't even put him on the field for more than 2 plays a game and our defense is TERRIBLE. Are we going to wind up cutting this moron? I'd at least like to see them stick him in there for a majority of the defensive snaps for a few games and let him learn the hard way.

He'll have to win his job in camp next year. Doubt that's gonna happen. I think there were only 3 people on Earth who thought he was deserving of a first round pick: Todd McShay, Tom Modrak, and Dick Jauron.

You develop him, in whatever is the best way.

And at some point that's still fairly far away, probably next year, by the middle of the year if he still sucks, you start thinking of getting rid of him.

Since his signing bonus is a sunk cost, you might as well keep him for a while. I don't think you'll save all that much by cutting him. Might as well give it a couple more years and see if he blossoms. It doesn't really hurt to keep him, other than him being a reminder of past draft failures.

Since his signing bonus is a sunk cost, you might as well keep him for a while. I don't think you'll save all that much by cutting him. Might as well give it a couple more years and see if he blossoms. It doesn't really hurt to keep him, other than him being a reminder of past draft failures.

Only if you have no one else you could be developing with his roster spot.

PTR

What business school did you go to? Sunk cost is just that - sunk. You don't make future spending decisions based on how much you've already put into a failing project. It makes no sense to continue spending good money after bad just because of a sunk cost. From a business perspective, if they see no hope for his future development, cut the cord asap.

Someone suggested trying him at tight-end. It might be worth a look. However,it appears that he is another in a long list of undersized linebackers or defensive ends drafted by the Bills. The Bills haven't drafted smart since Polian.