Chris Ellis released

BeastMode54

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh c'mon.

Is this another high round draft pick, scouted by Modrak and Co. that was just cut?

I'm getting sick of this.

Why is Modrak not cut?

+1

Guys, 99% of top-100 selections that don't see the field their rookie years do not pan out. When Chris Ellis showed up, everyone called him a "project" who lacked NFL strength. Well, then why the HELL did we waste a 3rd round pick on him then? Get guys you think that can contribute now and use the 5-7 round selections on the projects.

Oh c'mon.

Is this another high round draft pick, scouted by Modrak and Co. that was just cut?

I'm getting sick of this.

Why is Modrak not cut?

+1

Guys, 99% of top-100 selections that don't see the field their rookie years do not pan out. When Chris Ellis showed up, everyone called him a "project" who lacked NFL strength. Well, then why the HELL did we waste a 3rd round pick on him then? Get guys you think that can contribute now and use the 5-7 round selections on the projects.

Agree. No one drafted in the first 3 rounds should be considered a "project". Players drafted that high need to contribute somewhat their first season.

He should've been worth more than Reggie "beer belly" Torbor and certainly played at a level that wasn't inferior to Chris Kelsay. Ellis had a sack in the Miami game, more than Kelsay and Maybin has all season. John McCargo has been inactive every game, while Ellis has been on the field. Why cut an active player? Chan Gailey: "at the start of OTAs I thought he was just awful, but he has made, in my opinion, the biggest improvement of anyone on the roster. The guy can go out and play right now." Our staff can't evaluate talent worth a $***.

He should've been worth more than Reggie "beer belly" Torbor and certainly played at a level that wasn't inferior to Chris Kelsay. Ellis had a sack in the Miami game, more than Kelsay and Maybin has all season. John McCargo has been inactive every game, while Ellis has been on the field. Why cut an active player? Chan Gailey: "at the start of OTAs I thought he was just awful, but he has made, in my opinion, the biggest improvement of anyone on the roster. The guy can go out and play right now." Our staff can't evaluate talent worth a $***.

I was thinking about that quote by Gailey about Ellis as well. Some things just don't add up. Either there are locker room things going on we don't know about, Gailey is bi-polar, or someone is forcing Gailey to make these moves.

Interesting that Ellis had 5 Tackles and a Sack in the 1st Game...He's played less and less as the Defense has gotten worse and worse...And he's the one that gets cut...Anyone else find that a bit strange? I mean, it can be argued he had the best pre-season of any Player on our Defense...This is another in a long line of strange moves if you ask me...It's almost like they did this to shut everyone up about the Kelsay extension...Cause my thought was always that Kelsay should give way to Ellis, if only because Ellis was younger and needed more PT so the Bills could evaluate him...I don't know... B-)