Lee Evans to St. Louis?

I don't mean to presume, Red, but it sounds as though you're the one with the Losman preoccupation. I simply said that Losman's 2006 season was the best full season of QB play turned in by a Bills' QB since Bledsoe. I don't really see how that's a debatable point. If you want to debate the mertis of JP Losman, go for it, but don't question the facts. The fact is that during that one mediocre season from Losman (3,000 yards, 19 TDs, 14 INTs), Evans was a top 10 NFL WR.

The kind that allow a player to catch 80 passes. If you think all 80 of them were bombs, streaks, go's, etc., then you are mistaken I'm afraid. Hit the link:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2006&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

6 passes of over 40 yards; 15 of over 20. By my math, that means 67 receptions for under 20 yards...not exactly speaking to his being limited to go routes, etc.

If you're point is that he traditionally doesn't catch a lot of passes over the middle, okay, I submit that it's true--to a smaller extent. That doesn't mean he's not a #1, it just means his skill set is better put to use in other pass routes. There are plenty of players like that: Chad Johnson, Miles Austin, Donald Driver; all of them are now or have been terrific, bona fide #1 WRs that weren't "over the middle" type of players.

Um, which one of them is in the hall of fame again? Oh yeah, that #2 WR...

Ok. Easy, action. Easy....

Alot of knuckleheads still fall asleep at night clutching their Losman jerseys, and I just wanted to be sure you were not one of them. Relax...

o, you're basically stating that skill set determines where he is placed? That's my point, exactly. Traditionally speaking, the faster, streakier Wide Out goes on the outside and runs deep to stretch the field. The #1 does it all. Conceding that Evans rarely goes over the middle is proving my point. He does not do it all like a true #1.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, remember that I think Evans is a very good WR. I'm not saying that he sucks. I'm just saying we would be much more successful if we had a true, #1 WR and could use Evans more according to his ability to stretch the field and use the sidelines.

Ah, don't get too full of yourself hot shot, Reed was up for selection last year, and before we get all excited about the Hall of Fame one has to realize that is as much a popularity and political contest as it has to do with the merits of a player.

Edited by Red

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills and the coaching staff have given up on this season long ago, theres no point in keeping anyone, they still haven't hit middle earth in their attempt to continue digging past rock bottom

Hmmm...I agree about the giving up on 2010 at some level. Any 2011+ improvement is more important than any 2010 goal, so any place we can get better for 2011+ is fine with me. I am not sure that trading Lee will help us get better in 2011+. If we could get value sure, and I'm happy to give up 2010 Lee, but I really want 2011, 2012 Lee on our team especially as we get our new QB with the #1 pick :D

So if value is there, it was nice to know you Lee. But anywhere a player on our roster has more 2011+ value as a Bill than the pick value we would get back that player needs to stay.

Yes the best thing a terrible team should do is trade the handful of good players you have and create yet even more needs. This team needs about 5 more front 7 players if they are committed to the 3-4. An OL or two, a franchise QB. So why not add yet another need that is a splendid idea. For those of you at the game like myself yesterday this teams offense is VERY serviceable and good enough to win games. Had we had this offense last year we could have won probably 9-10 games.

You have to look at the big picture and not just view the move in a vacuum. Evans is a good player. In three years he will be 32 and they will be drafting his replacement around then. Actually, Easley might have already been that draft pick. The Bills are rebuilding, want to do it through the draft and need as many draft picks as they can get. Evans is an asset that can get them something. By the time they are ready to seriously compete Evans might not even be the best option at WR anyway. They need several LB's, a DE or two and Offensive linemen. All of those things trump having a good receiver on the roster who might or might not get a pass thrown his way.

Ok. Easy, action. Easy....

Alot of knuckleheads still fall asleep at night clutching their Losman jerseys, and I just wanted to be sure you were not one of them. Relax...

o, you're basically stating that skill set determines where he is placed? That's my point, exactly. Traditionally speaking, the faster, streakier Wide Out goes on the outside and runs deep to stretch the field. The #1 does it all. Conceding that Evans rarely goes over the middle is proving my point. He does not do it all like a true #1.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, remember that I think Evans is a very good WR. I'm not saying that he sucks. I'm just saying we would be much more successful if we had a true, #1 WR and could use Evans more according to his ability to stretch the field and use the sidelines.

Ah, don't get too full of yourself hot shot, Reed was up for selection last year, and before we get all excited about the Hall of Fame one has to realize that is as much a popularity and political contest as it has to do with the merits of a player.

Believe me Red, I'm more than relaxed...like I said, I simply stated the facts regarding the best season of QB play the team has had in the last 6 years. Frankly, it doesn't matter what I (or anyone else) think of JP Losman, that doesn't change a thing regarding Evans' production. I'm still a bit confused as to why you feel you need to make sure of anything before responding to a stat line, but I digress...

If we're going to delve into the definition of a #1 receiver, then we might as well call it what it is: the #1 receiver is the guy on the team that should get the most targets; so Evans is the #1 whether you like him or not. If we're going to discuss the skill set of a "true #1", are you then going to argue that guys like Austin, Ochocinco, Driver (in their primes) weren't "true #1" WRs? They didn't run patterns over the middle...let's face it Red, it comes down to productivity, not style. Is Wes Welker a #1? He NEVER catches a deep ball...but that's not what defines a #1; it's productivity, not style.

As I said, my "panties" are not in a bunch, I simply believe in fact over opinion when it comes to these discussions. The FACT remains that when given mediocre QB play (i.e. Losman in 2006), the guy was 6th in the NFL in receiving yards...that's a #1 WR in my book.

Lastly, just because I pointed out a flaw in your argument doesn't mean I'm full of myself. James Lofton held the NFL's all-time career receiving yardage record for a time before Jerry Rice broke it...to call him a #2 WR is ludicrous; your folly, not mine.

Edited by thebandit27

I really don't understand the trade Evans talk?

It's not position of depth, so way trade Evans for a 2, 3 or 4 and have to use that draft pick on a WR?

Maybe if you get several (at least two), then maybe?

Right now we have top five pick in draft, with additional 4th and maybe sixth. the fourth will be 15th to mid 20's my guess of that round (111th to 130th).

Edited by Throwback Bills

Evans for St. Louis #2 this year and #1 next year...

I dont even think our whole team is worth that, let alone Lee Evans! :wallbash:

Man, if the Bills trade Evans then Buffalo is an expansion franchise.

No...they are a rebuilding team, and by the time this is done, a 30-something year old Evans will be worthless...as he pretty much is now!

Look at the high turnover of quality players in Denver since McDaniels took over. Cutler, Marshall, Scheftler...

Only difference is...we do not have a single player anywhere close to the talent of those 3.

LMAO...I love how you say he can help Bradfords development and yet we are about to be grooming our own young QB in either Brohm or a rookie and yet you want to ship him out as if he won't help their development...priceless

"Grooming our own young QB"??? BROHM OR BROWN??? What is there to groom? Brown was not good enough for ANYONE'S practice squad, let alone the Buffalo Bills' practice squad. I mean, how bad do you have to be to make the Bills' PS? And IF Brian Brohm had the least bit of potential, he would have already been playing. Evans is easily replaceable...Johnson even has better stats!

I'd not really sure why the Rams would start trading the future for the present, given the fact that they're really in year one of a rebuilding plan.

Actually they're in year 2, year 1 was last year when they draft OT Jason Smith. While's struggled with penalties he's been pretty good at avoiding sacks as he's allowed just 2.0 in 13 NFL games or 10 NFL starts. In comparison Demetrius Bell has given up 6.0 sacks in 13 NFL games/starts. While I'll commend Bell for doing better this year I still has reservations as him being a great starter. In terms of trading Lee Evans, count me among those that be all for it as was calling us to draft Dez Bryant who has put up similar to numbers to Lee this but also has a punt return for a TD.

Edited by The Jokeman

I really don't understand the trade Evans talk?

It's not position of depth, so way trade Evans for a 2, 3 or 4 and have to use that draft pick on a WR?

Maybe if you get several (at least two), then maybe?

Right now we have top five pick in draft, with additional 4th and maybe sixth. the fourth will be 15th to mid 20's my guess of that round (111th to 130th).

Lee is the depth. Last year he was the second most productive WR, this year he is the third most productive WR so far.

Evans isnt getting traded to St Louis ... this is silly. Rams had no designs on going to the Super Bowl this year so they're not desperate to get a player like the Vikes. Rams still have expectations for relatively high picks which they wont want to part with. "Evans to Rams" talk is really just a waste of time.

If I could get STL number 1 pick in 2011 I might consider it however I have no confidence that we know what the heck we are doing on draft day

You are not going to get a #1 for a guy that in five games has caught one ball when it mattered and dropped plenty when it did. If he were catching 8 to 10 per game and producing at a high level, maybe you could get a second round pick from a contender in need. But he is producing like an 4th round rookie on a team with three veteran wideouts ahead of him. The real problem is that he has been consistently playing like a rookie for the third year in a row. Get a 4th or 5th round for this slug and be happy. He is nowhere near a #1 WR. Show me a single stat since 2008 that says otherwise.

Except for the one year in which Evans' had half-way decent QB play (Losman in 2006--by far the best full season of QB play since Bledsoe in 2002)...not sure if you remember, but does 80 catches, 1,300 yards and 8 TDs sound like #2WR numbers to you?

In all fairness, Evans has only put up numbers lime that only once in his career and to be honest, 8 tds is far from great or even good. Go look where he ranked in recieving tds that season, I'm willing to bet it was somewhere in the 20s or possibly 30s. The point is this, Evans is making 9+mil a year (a contract that ranks him as a top 5 wr) and is not even a top 20-30wr in the league. If you play fantasy football you probably noticed Evans wasn't drafted or most likely taken very late in your draft. If he was taken before the 8th round then I wish I was in your league.

I don't see where he has proven himself a #1 receiver.

He's an awesome #2.

But if all he runs is "go" routes and slants, that's not a #1 receiver; that's a #2.

Owens, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Johnson in Houston...those are true #1 receivers. Guys that run every pattern, catch everything thrown to them, and can change a game with their ability.

We have not had a true #1 since Moulds left.

Please note the four touchdowns that Steve Johnson has.....Steve is a #2 receiver who is getting some results because....Lee Evans is a good enough #1 to demand the principle attention from the defense. QED (means demonstrated without errors)

The Bills and the coaching staff have given up on this season long ago, theres no point in keeping anyone, they still haven't hit middle earth in their attempt to continue digging past rock bottom

um why??? cuz they ditched a useless qb who should never have been a starter period/??? Or is it that they traded a RB who always ran toward contact?,slowley at that

Until we can pass protect what good is Lee Evans at 9 million, or any QB regardless of who it is, you guys that think teams can succeed with poor D and O-lines and expect the skilled players to make up for it are as stupid as Russ Brandon when it comes to managing a football team.

LMAO...you dont even know Lee evans salary for 2010 which is $7 Million, not $9 million yet you want us all to listen to your great GM advice...

Secondly, our payroll is very low and lets consider the facts...

1. He isnt preventing any young guys development

2. His salary isnt preventing the team from signing anyone

3. His salary isnt messing up our cap space

4. He isnt a distraction

5. He isnt asking for a trade

6. We are already grossly thin at WR

7. We are about to have a young QB in either Brohm or a rookie we draft under center and he needs someone to throw to...

8. How long have we been trying to find a compliment to him? Lets see, his whole career...so clearly its not so easy to just go out and find a talented WR for whatever young QB we bring in.

9. This team has a lot of holes...yet you want to create more, one of the most difficult to fill and a position that typically takes a couple years to develop someone at just because you dont like our front lines?

10. He is worth more to this team than any 4th round draft pick we would get in return.

So, please oh please oh wise one...give me ONE, just ONE reason we should dump the only legitimate starting WR on this team who is still relatively young other than your hilarious rant that its pointless to have talented skill position players if you dont have good lines...

"Grooming our own young QB"??? BROHM OR BROWN??? What is there to groom? Brown was not good enough for ANYONE'S practice squad, let alone the Buffalo Bills' practice squad. I mean, how bad do you have to be to make the Bills' PS? And IF Brian Brohm had the least bit of potential, he would have already been playing. Evans is easily replaceable...Johnson even has better stats!

If you read what I wrote I said either Brohm or a rookie we draft...either way, it will be a young inexperienced QB...Brown wasnt even a consideration...

Edited by Alphadawg7

You are not going to get a #1 for a guy that in five games has caught one ball when it mattered and dropped plenty when it did. If he were catching 8 to 10 per game and producing at a high level, maybe you could get a second round pick from a contender in need. But he is producing like an 4th round rookie on a team with three veteran wideouts ahead of him. The real problem is that he has been consistently playing like a rookie for the third year in a row. Get a 4th or 5th round for this slug and be happy. He is nowhere near a #1 WR. Show me a single stat since 2008 that says otherwise.

Lee dropped important balls in exactly one game in his career, he has made game winning plays several times, I would say close to 15+ games where his td's were the difference. You people who say he drops balls are showing you have no clue/memory.(chose 1) Also if you keep blaming the line for bad qb play, why isnt the line responsible for bad WR play and limited stats, since Lee has incredibly good hands how do you blame him for production? he catches everything thrown his way.

Besides the jets game this year i challenge anyone to find a game he had multiple drops in. I also would wager he is top 10 every year in drops(lack of ) for starting WR's with more than 40 catches per season. Ill paypal anyone who can prove otherwise

No, but it gives us a few more chances at blind luck. Like, you know, when Ralph promoted Polian.

Yeah, except you don't draft your GM.

Hiring Polian was like hiring a marksman who shot grenades.

Tom Modrak, on the other hand, has the drafting accuracy of a drunk guy shooting carbon atoms through a curly straw.

For the compensation that I have read about, there is no point in trading him. Yet, when you speak to him, could you ask him:

1. Why he does not/will not go over the middle -- especially given that Roscoe has no problem going over the middle?

2. Why doesn't he fight for balls (and seems to wait on the ball)?

3. Why doesn't he come back hard to the ball/line of scrimmage when his QB is in trouble?

Lee Evans runs a great fly pattern. He is not Andre Reed or Eric Moulds. I doubt that he ever will be a true number one receiver as those guys were. Opposing defenses seem to have little problem taking him out of games. The Jets did it with just Cromartie. When we play the Jets again, I would not suspect he is going to do any better against Revis.

Part of the problem is that our offensive line is not equiped to protect the QB long enough to take advantage of the one pattern that Evans does well. If we upgrade our protection, perhaps we will see Evans be more productive. In the meantime, I would love to see him go over the middle. If he did that, I think that it actually would help his game.

Lee dropped important balls in exactly one game in his career, he has made game winning plays several times, I would say close to 15+ games where his td's were the difference. You people who say he drops balls are showing you have no clue/memory.(chose 1) Also if you keep blaming the line for bad qb play, why isnt the line responsible for bad WR play and limited stats, since Lee has incredibly good hands how do you blame him for production? he catches everything thrown his way.

Besides the jets game this year i challenge anyone to find a game he had multiple drops in. I also would wager he is top 10 every year in drops(lack of ) for starting WR's with more than 40 catches per season. Ill paypal anyone who can prove otherwise

Skilled players are useless until the lines are fixed, what part of that don't you understand.

I am so sick of people saing this, yes you do sound like you know more about football because ou watch the line. Has the offense not looked way better since Fitz took over? they didn't change an offensive lineman. The packers last year had one of the highest scoring offenses yet the QB was sacked more than anbody. The Ravens became a playoff team when they the drafted Flacco, not lineman, Same with the Falcons and Jets.

yes, the lineman are important but not 1/2 as important as a QB.

The Patriots have routinely used marginal WRs and TEs to win ball games, they have only recently had the services of Moss.....and LOST the Super Bowl. When they WON the Super Bowls that they did, there were no big name receivers on those teams. They were good, but they were good because the Offensive line could give Brady time and Brady could make the throws with good, but not necessarily great WRs. Did anyone remember that our Steve Johnson had 2 TDs on Sunday? And that trading Evans for a third rounder that could potentially be a starter on either Offensive or Defensive line is a good place to start. And IF, that's a big IF, Marcus Easely is the other outside starter than our WR position would not be in as dire straits that we may all think. With Parrish and Nelson playing well at times it begins to look like the best thing to do is Line, QB, and LBs as priorities. But hey, I guess we'll see what happens....

Yeah, except you don't draft your GM.

Hiring Polian was like hiring a marksman who shot grenades.

Tom Modrak, on the other hand, has the drafting accuracy of a drunk guy shooting carbon atoms through a curly straw.

Screw it, we should just never draft. let's not trade for draft picks and lets skip our picks next year

LMAO...you dont even know Lee evans salary for 2010 which is $7 Million, not $9 million yet you want us all to listen to your great GM advice...

Secondly, our payroll is very low and lets consider the facts...

1. He isnt preventing any young guys development

2. His salary isnt preventing the team from signing anyone

3. His salary isnt messing up our cap space

4. He isnt a distraction

5. He isnt asking for a trade

6. We are already grossly thin at WR

7. We are about to have a young QB in either Brohm or a rookie we draft under center and he needs someone to throw to...

8. How long have we been trying to find a compliment to him? Lets see, his whole career...so clearly its not so easy to just go out and find a talented WR for whatever young QB we bring in.

9. This team has a lot of holes...yet you want to create more, one of the most difficult to fill and a position that typically takes a couple years to develop someone at just because you dont like our front lines?

10. He is worth more to this team than any 4th round draft pick we would get in return.

So, please oh please oh wise one...give me ONE, just ONE reason we should dump the only legitimate starting WR on this team who is still relatively young other than your hilarious rant that its pointless to have talented skill position players if you dont have good lines...

If you read what I wrote I said either Brohm or a rookie we draft...either way, it will be a young inexperienced QB...Brown wasnt even a consideration...

You missed a few "He isn'ts" and they are: He isn't producing. He isn't earning his salary. He isn't trying. He just isn't very good anymore and "He isn't" been good for a very long time. What is a WR worth that gives you 3 catches, 36 yds, and 1 first down per game, has one score in 5 games, does not go over the middle, has about 2 drops per game and does not take pressure off the other WRs? Sure as heck isn't $7M to $9M / year. Then half his catches are in garbage time. Should have had a clause in his contract that said null and void if he laid down and played like a pansy once it was signed. He is probably a nice guy and a good teammate just like Chris Kelsay. But like Kelsay he is way overpaid, extremely unproductive and just not very good. Put in Namaan Roosevelt, I'd prefer to see someone who would put in some kind of effort. Where is his pride? You'd think that alone would make him try to catch a ball over the middle at least once per game. Or take a hard hit just so you know you were in the game when you woke up on Monday. As kids we called it "getting your uniform dirty".

Screw it, we should just never draft. let's not trade for draft picks and lets skip our picks next year

So long as Modrak is still leading the charge, this wouldn't be a bad course of action.

Add 'em up.

He's been in charge of college scouting since 2001.

Since 2001 we've drafted 85 players.

Of those 85 players, 29 of them remain on the roster, 15 of them from the last two years.

Please explain to me how compiling more draft picks increases the likelihood of improving this team with those kinds of numbers.

LINK

You missed a few "He isn'ts" and they are: He isn't producing. He isn't earning his salary. He isn't trying. He just isn't very good anymore and "He isn't" been good for a very long time. What is a WR worth that gives you 3 catches, 36 yds, and 1 first down per game, has one score in 5 games, does not go over the middle, has about 2 drops per game and does not take pressure off the other WRs? Sure as heck isn't $7M to $9M / year. Then half his catches are in garbage time. Should have had a clause in his contract that said null and void if he laid down and played like a pansy once it was signed. He is probably a nice guy and a good teammate just like Chris Kelsay. But like Kelsay he is way overpaid, extremely unproductive and just not very good. Put in Namaan Roosevelt, I'd prefer to see someone who would put in some kind of effort. Where is his pride? You'd think that alone would make him try to catch a ball over the middle at least once per game. Or take a hard hit just so you know you were in the game when you woke up on Monday. As kids we called it "getting your uniform dirty".

2 drops per game? You mean, one game he had 2 drops...but I love how you try and project that over the course of 5 games as if its a regular occurence and also ignore his pretty good game this week including some really great catches. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find many games where he recorded multiple drops in a game.

And, I am so tired of the swan song of people saying he wont go over the middle. I challenge you to find one instance in his entire career, just one single play, where the OC, coach, or QB called a route for him that he refused to run. Please, just find one play and I will conceded to you that he refuses to run certain routes. I mean seriously, you people carelessly posting that gibberish statement seem to think the WR gets to waive off routes called like a pitcher waives off a pitch a catcher is calling for in baseball.

So if you want to argue Lees value, then please do so with facts...not opinnions fabricated to be truths.

Guest dog14787

2 drops per game? You mean, one game he had 2 drops...but I love how you try and project that over the course of 5 games as if its a regular occurence and also ignore his pretty good game this week including some really great catches. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find many games where he recorded multiple drops in a game.

And, I am so tired of the swan song of people saying he wont go over the middle. I challenge you to find one instance in his entire career, just one single play, where the OC, coach, or QB called a route for him that he refused to run. Please, just find one play and I will conceded to you that he refuses to run certain routes. I mean seriously, you people carelessly posting that gibberish statement seem to think the WR gets to waive off routes called like a pitcher waives off a pitch a catcher is calling for in baseball.

So if you want to argue Lees value, then please do so with facts...not opinnions fabricated to be truths.

Have you ever once seen Lee Evans go up after a ball the way Roscoe Parish did on Sunday? You can rant and rave forever about a QB that wasn't producing , but when it comes to a WR who has made 10 times as much money its a different story. Talk about flip flopping, who had the most receiving yardage last season tell me that, and who's our leading receiver this season?

Good grief, get a brain...

A case could be made for trading away Lee Evans . . . depending on the price we could get for him.

The Bills are a rebuilding team. The next two years (possibly more) of Evans' play will be useless to this team because it won't be a serious threat to advance in the playoffs either with or without Lee Evans. If we hold onto him, it should be for what he will offer us three or more years down the road.

Evans is in his seventh year in the NFL, so the question is: how much gas will he have left in the tank after he's been around ten years? There will still be some value left, but not nearly as much as there is now.

A draft pick, on the other hand, will be useless to us this year, will experience his rookie year next year, but will presumably start to come into his own the year after that.

Lee Evans gives us value now. The draft pick gives us value later. Value now won't help us advance in the playoffs (the Bills are too far away for that!), and may actually hurt the team's draft position by producing a few meaningless wins. But value later--which is what the draft pick provides--could significantly benefit this team!

I just want to see him traded away for significantly more than the fourth rounder we got for Marshawn.

Have you ever once seen Lee Evans go up after a ball the way Roscoe Parish did on Sunday? You can rant and rave forever about a QB that wasn't producing , but when it comes to a WR who has made 10 times as much money its a different story. Talk about flip flopping, who had the most receiving yardage last season tell me that, and who's our leading receiver this season?

Good grief, get a brain...

Ok, serious question...do you just write any gibberish that comes to your head? Please explain to me in what parallel dimension that you operate in that this statement has any coherent meaning in this thread, my post, or your reply:

"Talk about flip flopping"

What could you ever possibly claim I am flip flopping on in my defense of Evans when there has never been a moment at any point ever that I have been on the other side of this discussion. You dont even make sense, and then you add things like "get a brain" to try and somehow pump up your chest...

And to answer the only football thing in your post worth addressing...um, this week I saw Lee go up and get a ball just like Roscoe...just because a DB didnt take his legs out and almost kill him (thanks to Fitz awful pass to Roscoe) does not change that Lee went up and got the ball in the same way. The DB instantly hit him, but he just didnt hit him in the legs the way Roscoe got swept out...so again you make no sense with that claim.

More importantly, you ignored the very substance of the post you replied to (as you always do)...and that was I challenged you and anyone else to please document just ONE...ONE lousy play...where our HC, OC, or QB called for a route for Lee to go over the middle and he said no. Find me just one and I will concede he refuses to go over the middle...otherwise shut up with the ignorant uneducated rant that he wont go over the middle posts because this isnt baseball where he gets to waive off routes like pitchers waive off picthes.

PS: Heres a hint...you cant find one because its never happened...

Guest dog14787

Ok, serious question...do you just write any gibberish that comes to your head? Please explain to me in what parallel dimension that you operate in that this statement has any coherent meaning in this thread, my post, or your reply:

"Talk about flip flopping"

What could you ever possibly claim I am flip flopping on in my defense of Evans when there has never been a moment at any point ever that I have been on the other side of this discussion. You dont even make sense, and then you add things like "get a brain" to try and somehow pump up your chest...

And to answer the only football thing in your post worth addressing...um, this week I saw Lee go up and get a ball just like Roscoe...just because a DB didnt take his legs out and almost kill him (thanks to Fitz awful pass to Roscoe) does not change that Lee went up and got the ball in the same way. The DB instantly hit him, but he just didnt hit him in the legs the way Roscoe got swept out...so again you make no sense with that claim.

More importantly, you ignored the very substance of the post you replied to (as you always do)...and that was I challenged you and anyone else to please document just ONE...ONE lousy play...where our HC, OC, or QB called for a route for Lee to go over the middle and he said no. Find me just one and I will concede he refuses to go over the middle...otherwise shut up with the ignorant uneducated rant that he wont go over the middle posts because this isnt baseball where he gets to waive off routes like pitchers waive off picthes.

PS: Heres a hint...you cant find one because its never happened...

Double standards on the flip flop reference,

This post is makes about as much sense as everything else you post, and then you go on to start a whole new thread about it.

99.9% of the posters here know Lee Evans will run the pattern he's told to run and 99.9% of the folks who post here also know Lee Evans isn't really built to run across the middle,

So you want to start a thread for the other .1 percent, brilliant

Edited by dog14787

Double standards on the flip flop reference,

This post is makes about as much sense as everything else you post, and then you go on to start a whole new thread about it.

99.9% of the posters here know Lee Evans will run the pattern he's told to run and 99.9% of the folks who post here also know Lee Evans isn't really built to run across the middle,

So you want to start a thread for the other .1 percent, brilliant

Wait...you (and many other posters) have said that Lee "refuses" to run over the middle...."refusing" to run over the middle and "not being built" to run over the middle are not even remotely close to being the same statement. Funny thing is you applaud Roscoe going over the middle and pulling down a tough catch this week as if he is better suited to go over the middle than Lee when he is even smaller than Lee...how do you make sense of that?

So which is it officially dog? No one can keep your story straight...so is it that he refuses to go over the middle (like you have said when jumping on the pile on Lee band wagon in other threads), or is it now that he just isnt built for it?

Edited by Alphadawg7

Guest dog14787

Wait...you (and many other posters) have said that Lee "refuses" to run over the middle...."refusing" to run over the middle and "not being built" to run over the middle are not even remotely close to being the same statement. Funny thing is you applaud Roscoe going over the middle and pulling down a tough catch this week as if he is better suited to go over the middle than Lee when he is even smaller than Lee...how do you make sense of that?

So which is it officially dog? No one can keep your story straight...so is it that he refuses to go over the middle (like you have said when jumping on the pile on Lee band wagon in other threads), or is it now that he just isnt built for it?

lol, Have you lost your marbles, I don't know what the hell your even ranting about because you had no such discussion with me.

You d-bag, it is not that he refuses to run the pattern, it is that he doesn't run the pattern hard, take the hit and make a play. No guts. He turns gets bumped and stops. How many times did Fitz throw to where Lee should gave been but Lee did not finish, because he has no guts.

The problem is with all of you Lee lovers is that he is a below average player on a team where everyone is so far below average you hang onto this washout only because he had a good season 4 years ago. You haven't watched good football in so long you accept bad football. Lee is a slug. Did you watch the game tonight - jets and vikes. there were receivers on both sides that showed heart. Tough defenses but the receivers kept playing. When was the last time Lee played hard in the second quarter (let alone the second half) against a tough defense? He is a quitter and quit this team long long ago, yet all you think about is how he played his first couple of years. Open your freaking eyes, look at his stats, look at what he does crunch time. Now tell me the last good game he had when he made a difference during crunch time and don't point to one play last Sunday against a sub par defense. He had one good play all day and was in his shell the rest of the time until the game was out of hand when he pulled in 2 or 3 more garbage catches. 4, 0, 5, 1, 5, 15 catches 5 games. He blows but this team is so bad you all think he is a superstar. I don't know what is more pathetic Lee or the Lee lovers.

Edited by Conch

You d-bag, it is not that he refuses to run the pattern, it is that he doesn't run the pattern hard, take the hit and make a play. No guts. He turns gets bumped and stops. How many times did Fitz throw to where Lee should gave been but Lee did not finish, because he has no guts.

The problem is with all of you Lee lovers is that he is a below average player on a team where everyone is so far above average you hang onto this washout only because he had a good season 4 years ago. You haven't watched good football in so long you accept bad football. Lee is a slug. Did you watch the game tonight - jets and vikes. there were receivers on both sides that showed heart. Tough defenses but the receivers kept playing. When was the last time Lee played hard in the second quarter (let alone the second half) against a tough defense? He is a quitter and quit this team long long ago, yet all you think about is how he played his first couple of years. Open your freaking eyes, look at his stats, look at what he does crunch time. Now tell me the last good game he had when he made a difference during crunch time and don't point to one play last Sunday against a sub par defense. He had one good play all day and was in his shell the rest of the time until the game was out of hand when he pulled in 2 or 3 more garbage catches. 4, 0, 5, 1, 5, 15 catches 5 games. He blows but this team is so bad you all think he is a superstar. I don't know what is more pathetic Lee or the Lee lovers.

Wait...now its Lees fault now that Fitz can make one good throw then cant hit the side of the barn on the next? I saw a couple of times where Lee was open and Fitz didnt get the ball anywhere near him trying to throw it his way over the middle (and one was on 3rd down and should have been an easy first down).

But hey, maybe at $7 millon a year (not $9 millon a year as most people get wrong about Lee) he should learn how inaccurate Fitz is and instead of running his correct route he should run to where he thinks Fitz wildly inaccurate pass most likely will go instead...kind of like people who aim way left in golf knowing they are most likely going to slice in hopes their crap shot lands in the fairway.

PS: I see you chose to ignore my comment about your factless outlandish quote that Lee drops 2 passes each game when that happened once...and you call me a d-bag as you make up factless statements as if they were truths...classic TSW where the fabricator of gibberish start name calling when they have no intelligent way to defend the BS they just made up...

Edited by Alphadawg7

I don't have Insider, so someone please share what it says.

If it is totally misleading, I will delete the thread.

You think this team is losing fans now? Watch this moronic new regime trade Evans and see how many more real fans give up on this organization. This team is a disgrace. I know there are alot of Evans haters on this board, he was without a doubt the best player the Bills had on offense against the Jaguars, and even Evans haters have to see that if they aren't blind. I don't care what a QB rating says, Fitz was awful sunday. Two plays in a row he couldn't hit the receiver, just 5 yards to the side of him. He reminded me of Rick Ankiel when he was still pitching for the Cardinals and couldn't hit the catcher. Might have been the worst throws any QB has ever thrown with a Buffalo on their helmet.

Edited by billsfreak

Wait...now its Lees fault now that Fitz can make one good throw then cant hit the side of the barn on the next? I saw a couple of times where Lee was open and Fitz didnt get the ball anywhere near him trying to throw it his way over the middle (and one was on 3rd down and should have been an easy first down).

But hey, maybe at $7 millon a year (not $9 millon a year as most people get wrong about Lee) he should learn how inaccurate Fitz is and instead of running his correct route he should run to where he thinks Fitz wildly inaccurate pass most likely will go instead...kind of like people who aim way left in golf knowing they are most likely going to slice in hopes their crap shot lands in the fairway.

PS: I see you chose to ignore my comment about your factless outlandish quote that Lee drops 2 passes each game when that happened once...and you call me a d-bag as you make up factless statements as if they were truths...classic TSW where the fabricator of gibberish start name calling when they have no intelligent way to defend the BS they just made up...

You make it sound like $7M is a bargain. Ridiculous

If I could get STL number 1 pick in 2011 I might consider it however I have no confidence that we know what the heck we are doing on draft day

If you could get a #1 pick from St. Louis for Lee Evans you might consider it? MIGHT???? You people are freaking delusional. You'd be lucky to get a 5th round pick for that turd. Then there's the other idiot comparing this to the deals that got Anquan Boldin and Brandon Marshall. Two freaking Pro Bowl receivers. Lee F-ing Evans...lol. You people are seriously unbelievable.