Sirius Radio

stevestojan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sell. Siriusly. This is the tip of the iceberg.

And since you brought it up, I have a little rant. Yesterday an analyst (Fulcrum) cut Sirius from "buy" to "neutral." The last time an analyst cut them about a week and a half ago, the stock fell. However instead yesterday it went up $.54. So today Sirius announced that Toyota dealers will be able to install their radios in new cars (HUGE news, which is why it's up so much). So I'm thinking that yesterday there was some insider info on that piece of news, hence the advance in the price versus what should have been a decline. That just pisses me off, even though it helps me out a lot. I've known that there is a good deal of insider trading, but that was just WAY too obvious. Oh well, I guess that's life.

What's stop sell? Is that some Martha Stewart stuff??  :)  I'm assuming that it's the price you sell at if it drops??

150742[/snapback]

yeah, but it is done automatically, in case it plummets one day. So, When I bought it at $3.71, After it went to above $5, I put it at $5... now, I will move that up to $8. If it starts to go down that quickly, i figure its time to get out.

A guy who is the head programmer here, and obviously has more free cash that I do, bougth 5,000 shares when it was at $2.25...

quick math. He paid $11,250.

His stock is now worth $45,000.

He made $33,750 in about 3 months.

Not too bad...

yeah, but it is done automatically, in case it plummets one day. So, When I bought it at $3.71, After it went to above $5, I put it at $5... now, I will move that up to $8. If it starts to go down that quickly, i figure its time to get out.

A guy who is the head programmer  here, and obviously has more free cash that I do, bougth 5,000 shares when it was at $2.25...

Not too bad...

150748[/snapback]

That's not bad at all. Much better than my mutual funds.... :)

It's not going to "go down quickly." Remove the stop sell immediately. Then again, if it continues to go up, it's moot.

A guy who is the head programmer  here, and obviously has more free cash that I do, bougth 5,000 shares when it was at $2.25...

Not too bad...

Your friend made a great investment. I wish I had bought 5,000 shares.

how do you know this?

The same way I knew to buy the stock way back when. Sirius has better content than XM, and content is what attracts customers, not being bigger or already having more customers, or what analysts with their short-term/sighted opinions say. And with the recent deal with Toyota, and more with GM, Ford, and others surely on the way, the stock will keep going up and up. Then when Stern joins them in 2006, he'll pull more customers and...you get the picture. And by "go down quickly," I'm talking in terms of steve's parameters, i.e. more than $1.

Must be some more good news about to break.

150788[/snapback]

The news is that Toyota's putting Sirius radio in nine 2005 models. Broke this morning.

You mean you're bullish on the stock, and you don't even know why it's rising? I can't wait until it starts falling and you keep repeating "I'll hold on, it's bound to go back up."

Friggin' amateurs... :)

And with the recent deal with Toyota, and more with GM, Ford, and others surely on the way, the stock will keep going up and up. 

150778[/snapback]

They already have a deal with Ford, they won't get one with GM. GM is primarily XM because they are one of the financial backers of XM.

The news is that Toyota's putting Sirius radio in nine 2005 models.  Broke this morning.

You mean you're bullish on the stock, and you don't even know why it's rising?  I can't wait until it starts falling and you keep repeating "I'll hold on, it's bound to go back up."

Friggin' amateurs...  :)

150796[/snapback]

Thank you

The news is that Toyota's putting Sirius radio in nine 2005 models.  Broke this morning.

You mean you're bullish on the stock, and you don't even know why it's rising?  I can't wait until it starts falling and you keep repeating "I'll hold on, it's bound to go back up."

Friggin' amateurs...   :)

150796[/snapback]

Oh, i'm definitely an amatuer, which is why i asked my CFO what to do... he said to put a stop at two or 3 cents below where you want to actually stop and sell... So, I think I will move it to $7.97.

try looking at KEYW and tell me what you think?

150806[/snapback]

It's down a buck and a half today but is still listed as a buy or strong buy by 4 of 5 analysts.

I don't know. I'm not big into the stock market. I honestly have gotten lucky. I made $1900 when Adelphia made that huge leap to $1.90 (I sold at $1.49, but that's still a killing).

Friggin' amateurs...  :)

Try reading my above post a little better, particularly the rant part. And I'll let you tell me "I told you so" IF the stock drops significantly. Needless to say I won't be holding my breath on THAT one. :)

The same way I knew to buy the stock way back when.  Sirius has better content than XM, and content is what attracts customers, not being bigger or already having more customers, or what analysts with their short-term/sighted opinions say.  And with the recent deal with Toyota, and more with GM, Ford, and others surely on the way, the stock will keep going up and up.  Then when Stern joins them in 2006, he'll pull more customers and...you get the picture.  And by "go down quickly," I'm talking in terms of steve's parameters, i.e. more than $1.

150778[/snapback]

ok, sorry, I had no idea you were a market guru...

Oh, i'm definitely an amatuer, which is why i asked my CFO what to do... he said to put a stop at two or 3 cents below where you want to actually stop and sell... So, I think I will move it to $7.97.

150805[/snapback]

Careful, CFOs are generally clueless. That's why they are still working for a living.

Try reading my above post a little better, particularly the rant part.  And I'll let you tell me "I told you so" IF the stock drops significantly.  Needless to say I won't be holding my breath on THAT one. :)

150819[/snapback]

Ever hear of the "Nifty Fifty"? Avon? Do you have any idea what the value of a broadcast radio station is? Do you know what Sirius' valuation is, even after subtracting the worth of their hard assets (i.e. the satellites)? Do you realize that for every subscription dollar Sirius signs up, you're paying about $200?

I'll tell you what...I'll give you a buck for a $100. It's a much better deal than the market's giving you on Sirius.

I wish the idiot I talked to back in September had placed my order, when it was around $3/share.

150822[/snapback]

Well, Martha Stewart seemed to have that one worked out, check with her, maybe the order is somewhere on the guys desk....

Seriously, you could call the Compliance officer at the firm and ask for an accounting of the transaction (or lack). The problem is the amount of time between then and now. If you feel you were screwed, you should have bought the shares and then gone to arbitration with the broker for the difference in what you ordered and what you ultimately got them for.

If it was called in, he has a tape of the conversation (most order desks do this, private clients may not) but if he took an order, he should have it, with a time stamp. If your conversation was more suggestion or speculation that you might be interested if it hit 3 bucks and no specifically delineated order was given, then he gets a free out.

I used to work in compliance for one of the Exchanges, they actually can help if you give them enough information

I remember talking to him one day, maybe about something else, and I mentioned wanting to buy SIRI. He said that because of the price (at that time) he didn't think Edward Jones would allow the sale (?!) but that he would look into it.

I've called and left him a message so we'll see what answer I get. I am considering moving my money to someplace else though no matter what answer I get from him.

Ever hear of the "Nifty Fifty"?  Avon?  Do you have any idea what the value of a broadcast radio station is?  Do you know what Sirius' valuation is, even after subtracting the worth of their hard assets (i.e. the satellites)?  Do you realize that for every subscription dollar Sirius signs up, you're paying about $200? 

I'll tell you what...I'll give you a buck for a $100.  It's a much better deal than the market's giving you on Sirius.

Gee, how generous of you. Thanks but I'll stick with what I've made so far, which is double my initial investment. And as long as the price doesn't fall below $4.48, which is the average of the shares I bought, I'll be happy.

Gee, how generous of you.  Thanks but I'll stick with what I've made so far, which is double my initial investment.  And as long as the price doesn't fall below $4.48, which is the average of the shares I bought, I'll be happy.

150939[/snapback]

People like you are why people like me short stocks...

:)

I remember talking to him one day, maybe about something else, and I mentioned wanting to buy SIRI. He said that because of the price (at that time) he didn't think Edward Jones would allow the sale (?!) but that he would look into it.

I've called and left him a message so we'll see what answer I get. I am considering moving my money to someplace else though no matter what answer I get from him.

150891[/snapback]

I heard Royal Financial Group is a good place.....(shameless plug)