Sirius Radio

stevestojan

How do you if there's even going to be a long term if you don't know whether the company can pay its bills or not?  You don't even know how much long-term debt Sirius is carrying, but you're in it "for the long term"?  That is all kinds of stupid.  You're flying in "BF stupid" territory with that one...

Stupid is as stupid does. I contacted the company.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way, I know enough about the company, the situation, and my thresholds to feel comfortable holding onto this stock for awhile. Like I said, if it tanks, you can all say "I told you so." But if you think I'm "stupid" for looking long-term with Sirius, so too is the NFL, who signed a 7-year deal with them. Same for Stern who signed for 5 years.

Put it this way, I know enough about the company, the situation, and my thresholds to feel comfortable holding onto this stock for awhile.  Like I said, if it tanks, you can all say "I told you so."  But if you think I'm "stupid" for looking long-term with Sirius, so too is the NFL, who signed a 7-year deal with them.  Same for Stern who signed for 5 years.

151475[/snapback]

I think you're stupid for not being able to differentiate between the company and the stock.

people fail to realize that if a company goes in the tank...common stock holders are pretty much LAST in line

151487[/snapback]

Go in the tank? What are you talking about? Sirius is going to keep going up and up and up... :w00t:

Even if the company stays healthy, the stock valuation is insane.

I know that.  Trust me when I tell you that Sirius won't tank anytime soon.

151496[/snapback]

Trust you? Trust the guy that tells me that when looking at the long-term performance of a company, he needn't look at the balance sheet? :w00t::lol::w00t:

I know that.  Trust me when I tell you that Sirius won't tank anytime soon.

151496[/snapback]

Is this considered a tank now?, Down about 2 bucks off the opening, I just wanted to hang on until the new year so my short term gains roll to next years taxes.....damn

Is this considered a tank now?, Down about 2 bucks off the opening, I just wanted to hang on until the new year so my short term gains roll to next years taxes.....damn

151708[/snapback]

There was a negative article on satellite radio in the WSJ this morning that scared a lot of people, it seems. Nasty little fall it took, though...

Technically, though, a "tank" should be more than one day...

There was a negative article on satellite radio in the WSJ this morning that scared a lot of people, it seems.  Nasty little fall it took, though...

Technically, though, a "tank" should be more than one day...

151723[/snapback]

Just the boomerang effect of the WSJ story to the positives earlier in the week. This stock is all about emotion, not valuation.

Just the boomerang effect of the WSJ story to the positives earlier in the week.  This stock is all about emotion, not valuation.

151760[/snapback]

No, it's all about valuation. It's going to go up and up and up and up and up...

:(

When Smith Barney talks...

151876[/snapback]

From CNN.com:

Shares of Sirius Satellite Radio (down $2.22 to $6.79, Research) fell 20 percent and topped the Nasdaq's most-active list after Smith Barney cut its rating to "sell" from "hold," citing valuation. Shares have been on a tear since October, when shock jock Howard Stern said he would leave Viacom's Infinity Broadcasting to host a show for the paid radio station, starting in 2006.