Nobody's Considered

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Sure they have been spreading the ball around and Moss has only had a few touches a game, but they were able to spread the ball around because Moss commands attention no matter where he is on the field, especially in the vertical game. They do have Tate, but he is still raw and no Randy Moss, at least not yet. From a football stand point, this looks like a terrible move and quite risky.

However, Bruschi was on the TV and reporting that there were a lot of reports out of the locker room that players and coaches were unhappy with Moss and his attitude. There was a feeling it was starting to resemble the Moss that was in Minn that last year. Moss is a happy camper when he is getting paid and getting the ball. But this year, he isnt getting either one. No indication of a contract from NE and not many opportunities for balls on the field to prove they need to pay him.

NE is a team first team, and thats what works for them. If Moss is disrupting that chemistry and is likely to walk anyway, then this was the best time to trade him. His value will only go down from here as he is 33 and if you are going to remove him from your offense its better to do it early in the season so you can find your rhythm by playoff time with the guys you have. And lets face it, this WR unit is still better than any unit they had in either of there 3 SB wins, so they have proven they can win with a unit like they have now.

Excellent points. I suppose once a selfish diva, always a selfish diva!

There is some speculation that the Pets* are going for Vincent. If they do I don't see how that makes them a better team. They would be trading one very talented headache for one talented headache. From what I hear in articles I've read, VJ's contract demands are so absurd SD can't find a trading partner for him. If the Pets* get him then they'll probably have to give up that third rounder they got for Moss. I think Belichick's ego makes him believe he can win with anyone.

Quick, name all the WRs he won SBs with and where are they now?

Revis: Now Pats* have no vertical game

The Pats* receiving corps isn't exactly 5 players deep. They've had great production from their young tight ends, and of course from W.Welker, but once you take Moss out of the equation, the whole offense takes a step back.

I know this is a blame-Buffalo-first crowd, but try to look at this through the eyes of a team who actually wants to compete for the last twelve games of the season. Sure, they're losing Moss at season's end, but they just cut ties with the second best receiver of all-time, and there's A LOT of season left to play.

Try and unlock yourself from the Pats* can do no wrong, Bills can do no right mentality, and look at this critically. Their offense definitely just took a huge step back.

The way their Defense played Monday maybe it's not a problem.

Stockpiling picks is a paper tiger.

Just ask Josh McDaniel's who won the "Cute Award" after the 2010 Draft.

The draft if a crap-shoot, I know it's the way to "build a team," but lately the Pats* have had lackluster drafts, so more picks don't automatically ensure good picks. And certainly nobody they pick up next year (in ANY round) will step right into Randy's size 35's.

that oakland pick will be huge for them next year. they have had sort of strange drafts the past few years but still getting some decent players.

Revis: Now Pats* have no vertical game

The Pats* receiving corps isn't exactly 5 players deep. They've had great production from their young tight ends, and of course from W.Welker, but once you take Moss out of the equation, the whole offense takes a step back.

I know this is a blame-Buffalo-first crowd, but try to look at this through the eyes of a team who actually wants to compete for the last twelve games of the season. Sure, they're losing Moss at season's end, but they just cut ties with the second best receiver of all-time, and there's A LOT of season left to play.

Try and unlock yourself from the Pats* can do no wrong, Bills can do no right mentality, and look at this critically. Their offense definitely just took a huge step back.

lets wait and see... Edelman gets an increased role and they have 2 stud rookie TEs. I venture to guess they do jjjjust fine running hernandez deep. Revis needs to shut his trap.

that oakland pick will be huge for them next year. they have had sort of strange drafts the past few years but still getting some decent players.

"sort of strange" IE scott pioli is no longer there... look out for the chiefs...

lets wait and see... Edelman gets an increased role and they have 2 stud rookie TEs. I venture to guess they do jjjjust fine running hernandez deep. Revis needs to shut his trap.

The Jets shut-down the Pats with Moss and without Revis. Without Moss and with Revis back, it will only get easier for them. Again, this looks like them conceding the division to the Jets.

There is some speculation that the Pets* are going for Vincent. If they do I don't see how that makes them a better team. They would be trading one very talented headache for one talented headache. From what I hear in articles I've read, VJ's contract demands are so absurd SD can't find a trading partner for him. If the Pets* get him then they'll probably have to give up that third rounder they got for Moss. I think Belichick's ego makes him believe he can win with anyone.

He has done it before.

Quick, name all the SB's they won since they were caught cheating?

Wow...still holding onto to that huh?

Stealing a quarter's worth of hand signals from the Jets...THAT is why they won ALL those Super Bowls?

GIVE IT UP ALREADY!

This move effectively torpedoes the season for the pats*. Sure they'll *probably* make the playoffs, but last time i checked, that wasn't the goal in chowder-head land. welker will struggle against top corners and without anyone else to draw coverage deep, his effectiveness will suffer. There's simply no one one the pats* now that will scare opposing defenses.

As a Bills fan, I would rather see the Patriots with a third round pick in their pocket then with Moss on their roster. From the Patriots perspective, I guess 3+ productive years and a third round pick in the pocket is pretty good value for a fourth round pick.

The company line is that they have Endleman and Tate, while both are very quick both are very green at playing wr. If they can stretch the defense then the loss of moss won't be as great. They seem to win without a key running back and turn cast aways into pro bowlers so I guess they will get the benefit of the doubt. There is no way this trade helps the Pats short term ( next few weeks) longer term who knows

I know there are many examples of them succeeding, but they did trade one of their top picks to Denver, and another pick got cut...by us. I don't think it's as black and white as first glance....although obviously they are better at it than we are. After all, if they weren't better at it, they probably wouldn't beat us and finish better than us so consistently.

They don't just finish better than us. They are Super Bowl contenders every friggin year. We aren't even close. I love how everyone on here uses the crap excuse of letting the "pros" do their work for the Bills. Yet, some of you try to pick apart top notch organizations. The Pats don't get questioned as much, because they've proven they know what the hell they are doing. The Moss trade doesn't seem to make sense, although it's starting to come out that Moss had words with both the QB coach AND Belicheck in the last two weeks.

They are night and day ahead of the Bills. And again, until they implode from something like this, which they've cut TONS of "good" players, they will have a pass.

Quick, name all the SB's they won since they were caught cheating?

:rolleyes:

As a Bills fan, I would rather see the Patriots with a third round pick in their pocket then with Moss on their roster. From the Patriots perspective, I guess 3+ productive years and a third round pick in the pocket is pretty good value for a fourth round pick.

Man, that's actually a good point. :thumbsup:

Excellent points. I suppose once a selfish diva, always a selfish diva!

Here is the funny part too...Moss will likely put up huge numbers in Minn the rest of the year with AP keeping defenses honest and Favre loving to gunsling and chuck it down the field. And in NE there isnt someone there that will match those numbers this year. Yet, the trade will still have made sense because Moss putting up those numbers in Minn does not equate to him putting those numbers up in NE, where they are spreading the ball around. Especially if he was becoming an issue in the locker room as is being reported now.

So, I actually think this is a great trade for all parties. They were not ever going to see Moss have more value than right now given his age, and that 3rd round pick will have value to NE in either moving around in the draft or just taking a guy there. For Minn and Moss, he gets rejuvenated and motivated to prove people wrong as he now probably gets the contract he wants, which means Minn gets far more than what that 3rd round pick would have brought them. A motivated and happy Moss is still very dangerous and a top 3 WR in the NFL.

Of course they're not as good. However, lack of a vertical threat didn't seem to hurt them back when they won 3 Super Bowls with an average WR height of around 5-11.

Seriously though...they put in mid-range to low-end players and get All Pro performances out of most of them and we can't even get our high draft picks and "franchise players" to any sort of level of respectability. THAT's the main difference.

See, people say "players matter, not schemes/coaching"

Here's what really rots my socks: the Pats can get these unreal performances out of all these sleepers.

Either they are just unreal as talent evaluators, or....schemes, coaching, and accountability DO matter

Stockpiling picks is a paper tiger.

Just ask Josh McDaniel's who won the "Cute Award" after the 2010 Draft.

The draft if a crap-shoot, I know it's the way to "build a team," but lately the Pats* have had lackluster drafts, so more picks don't automatically ensure good picks. And certainly nobody they pick up next year (in ANY round) will step right into Randy's size 35's.

I guess that explains why the Pats* have been such a bad team these last few years. :rolleyes:

What was the alternative to trading Moss? Get 12 more half-ass games out of him before he leaves for nothing? Who says he'd even make a difference in any of those? Instead, they trade him for another draft pick to rebuild their defense.

This is what happens when you actually have a competent franchaise; you plan and execute for long term success. No surprise that concept would be completely foreign to Bills fans.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Sure they have been spreading the ball around and Moss has only had a few touches a game, but they were able to spread the ball around because Moss commands attention no matter where he is on the field, especially in the vertical game. They do have Tate, but he is still raw and no Randy Moss, at least not yet. From a football stand point, this looks like a terrible move and quite risky.

However, Bruschi was on the TV and reporting that there were a lot of reports out of the locker room that players and coaches were unhappy with Moss and his attitude. There was a feeling it was starting to resemble the Moss that was in Minn that last year. Moss is a happy camper when he is getting paid and getting the ball. But this year, he isnt getting either one. No indication of a contract from NE and not many opportunities for balls on the field to prove they need to pay him.

NE is a team first team, and thats what works for them. If Moss is disrupting that chemistry and is likely to walk anyway, then this was the best time to trade him. His value will only go down from here as he is 33 and if you are going to remove him from your offense its better to do it early in the season so you can find your rhythm by playoff time with the guys you have. And lets face it, this WR unit is still better than any unit they had in either of there 3 SB wins, so they have proven they can win with a unit like they have now.

If he was starting to look like a locker room cancer, I agree, BB would decide the team is better off ridding themselves of him early. He most certainly wasn't going to be with them next year so they do the deal a little early. One thing the Pat's are very good at is getting rid of older talent while it still has a pretty good trade value. BB does not let himself get too attached to aging superstars, he puts the team first.

He has done it before.

Wow...still holding onto to that huh?

Stealing a quarter's worth of hand signals from the Jets...THAT is why they won ALL those Super Bowls?

GIVE IT UP ALREADY!

:lol: :lol:

This move effectively torpedoes the season for the pats*. Sure they'll *probably* make the playoffs, but last time i checked, that wasn't the goal in chowder-head land. welker will struggle against top corners and without anyone else to draw coverage deep, his effectiveness will suffer. There's simply no one one the pats* now that will scare opposing defenses.

They'll nickel and dime offenses to death with the likes of Welker, Edelman, Woodhead, Hernandez, Gronkowski & Tate. NE should be a playoff team, but that's where Moss is important.