Lynch Traded

Dante

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Seahawks have acquired RB Marshawn Lynch from the Bills in exchange for a 2011 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2012 draft pick.

I have absolustely no problem with this trade. In fact, I was expecting only a 5th, so I think they got as much as they were ever going to get for him.

He was clearly being showcased. This is a rebuilding year. Edwards was given his chance, he failed. Lynch was the odd man out, and he was traded for decent value.

Time to move on.

Told you he'd never go for anything less than a 4th.

What a terrible trade. One old man RB and one RB that can't touch it more than 10 times a game.

I hope we use our new 4th round pick to draft a running back!

How is it a terrible trade? The only bad thing about it would be if we couldve gotten a better draft pick for him during last years draft. We are not going anywhere this year, he would surely leave in FA and we'd get nothing now we get a 4th rounder and another pick for him. Even if we tried to resign him he doesnt want to be in Buffalo.....definitely a good move. Jackson and Spiller will do just fine. I only wish Joique Bell was still on our PS.....

Nice value under the circumstances. A 3rd would have been nicer, but just got to move forward. The Bills need to stockpile draft picks right now and this is a good start.

You wonder why the Bills suck?

Draft a bust in the 1st round and then trade him away for a 4th round pick and consider it a good deal. This is how you build a loser!

Now maybe they can trade Lee Evans for a 5th rounder and really get happy!!!!!

It doesn't make them better this year. It makes them worse. But stockpiling draft picks is a good strategy. Now they just need to draft well.

Why tarde Lynch? Does that make the Bills a better team?

Someone explain that.

:unsure:

Why tarde Lynch? Does that make the Bills a better team?

Someone explain that.

:unsure:

Yes it does make the team better .... for one it stabilizes the backfield ... we no longer have to cram a finite number of carries between three RBs, and we get an extra pick to possible fill a position of need.

This restores, somewhat, my faith in the front office. Lynch needed to go, and it looks like Buffalo will perhaps get two picks out of it.

Seattle's 4th is going to be pretty high as well.

+1. Anybody who believes Seattle is a good football team needs to watch this past week's game and not buy into the Carroll hype. Lynch isn't going to help that old, porous defense. Hell, they have Lawyer Milloy out there still at age 65.

I think those will be fairly high draft picks at the end of the season.

Better than what they would have received from Philadelphia or Green Bay.

Great - maybe Buddy can get another Marcus Easley next April for the Pro Bowl RB and #12 overall pick in the draft 3 years ago :wallbash:

This is an absolutely TERRIBLE trade. (And I'm a Nix supporter.)

Expect the boo-birds to be out on Sunday (those of you who are out of town and have NFL ticket, that is - game will be blacked out locally).

Edited by The Senator

I have absolustely no problem with this trade. In fact, I was expecting only a 5th, so I think they got as much as they were ever going to get for him.

He was clearly being showcased. This is a rebuilding year. Edwards was given his chance, he failed. Lynch was the odd man out, and he was traded for decent value.

Time to move on.

Logical thinking is forbidden here.

Draft a bust in the 1st round and then trade him away for a 4th round pick and consider it a good deal. This is how you build a loser!

So you think we should kept him then he walks in FA after the season and we get nothing? I wouldn't call the Pats losers and they traded Maroney for a 4th round pick.......

This is a salvage operation at this point. You do what you can under the circumstances. Lynch is not Chan's kind of player and probably was never going to return to his old form while in a Buffalo uniform.