MLB Playoffs Set To Go

This series was more H2...but good enough. That second game was a disaster of poor play. Phils just made fewer mistakes.

Hamels' performance last night would be the talk of the series if not for Halladay's no-hitter. Only one base runner got to scoring position all night and he never had more than one base runner at any time. Total dominance.

With those three starters, the Phils need only two to be firing to win a 7 game series and if all three are on, it's lights out. Add that to the Phillies lineup and it's hard to imagine them not winning the WS.

Uh, did you see the performances of Pettite and Hughes?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, did you see the performances of Pettite and Hughes?

The biggest bandwagon-jumper to the rescue!

Why not join the Patriots board?

Pretty sure I gave a shout-out to CC and said that Petite is a vet stud with health concerns. The Yanks staff is still no match for the Phillies, although Mariano is unrivaled and the Yankee bats are better.

If the Yankees and Phillies make it to the WS, it would be a great and also better rematch.

The biggest bandwagon-jumper to the rescue!

Why not join the Patriots board?

Pretty sure I gave a shout-out to CC and said that Petite is a vet stud with health concerns. The Yanks staff is still no match for the Phillies, although Mariano is unrivaled and the Yankee bats are better.

If the Yankees and Phillies make it to the WS, it would be a great and also better rematch.

What is with the Pats* crack(s)? The New York Yankees fandom in WNY has been around forever. I really don't get it the crack(s) about the Pats*... Apples and oranges. There is even a big connection between Steinbrenner and BFLO going way back.

Again... Baseball is the only game that gets it right... So why hate on the Yanks... Because they care about winning?

Sorry... I don't get into socialized sports... Save that for the part of society that is important.

Maybe it is something they (JSP) said or did... For that, I apologize... Carry on.

What is with the Pats* crack(s)? The New York Yankees fandom in WNY has been around forever. I really don't get it the crack(s) about the Pats*... Apples and oranges. There is even a big connection between Steinbrenner and BFLO going way back.

Again... Baseball is the only game that gets it right... So why hate on the Yanks... Because they care about winning?

Sorry... I don't get into socialized sports... Save that for the part of society that is important.

Maybe it is something they (JSP) said or did... For that, I apologize... Carry on.

JSP has been a Yankees fan for about 4 years, by admission.

JSP has been a Yankees fan for about 4 years, by admission.

More like 6, but whatever. I made a conscious decision. I said if the Phillies didn't fire Ed Wade at the end of that season, I was done with them. They didn't, so I was done.

I have NO ties to this rat-hole of a state, and prefer to have it that way, but thanks for your concern, Peace. Douche.

Regardless of your opinion of me, your opinion on baseball is roundly incorrect, and I will personally enjoy watching the Phillies fall short when everyone's sniffing their taints.

I'm pulling for the Giants in the NL– I think it'd be cool to have a Yankees-Giants Series, renew that rivalry from the 20's and 30's. Plus, if the Yankees are going to lose to anybody, I'd like to see the Giants finally get one after 50+ years.

More like 6, but whatever. I made a conscious decision. I said if the Phillies didn't fire Ed Wade at the end of that season, I was done with them. They didn't, so I was done.

I have NO ties to this rat-hole of a state, and prefer to have it that way, but thanks for your concern, Peace. Douche.

Regardless of your opinion of me, your opinion on baseball is roundly incorrect, and I will personally enjoy watching the Phillies fall short when everyone's sniffing their taints.

Someone hurt you. Was it Travis Lee? It was Travis Lee, wasn't it? It's okay. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

I'm pulling for the Giants in the NL– I think it'd be cool to have a Yankees-Giants Series, renew that rivalry from the 20's and 30's. Plus, if the Yankees are going to lose to anybody, I'd like to see the Giants finally get one after 50+ years.

Yeah, for all the whining you hear about teams that have suffered w/o a title, the Giants or still oh-for-San Francisco.

Dear Mods...I've been contributing to this site for over seven years. I've earned this ONE little favor...PLEASE, for the LOVE OF GOD, delete any posts by KD pertaining to the Braves from now until after the game. We simply cannot take the chance of him using his jinx powers to screw us again!

Yeah, for all the whining you hear about teams that have suffered w/o a title, the Giants or still oh-for-San Francisco.

It's funny, when the 2 NY NL teams moved in 1958, people in SF must have thought, "Great, we're getting the much better team! The Giants have 4 titles and 15 pennants!" ~50 years later, no title in SF, 5 in LA. :oops:

Dear Mods...I've been contributing to this site for over seven years. I've earned this ONE little favor...PLEASE, for the LOVE OF GOD, delete any posts by KD pertaining to the Braves from now until after the game. We simply cannot take the chance of him using his jinx powers to screw us again!

:lol:

Bills, Mets, Sabres, Notre Dame. I dare anyone to match that combo for dominance in the new millennium. :bag:

Too late!

:lol:

Bills, Mets, Sabres, Notre Dame. I dare anyone to match that combo for dominance in the new millennium. :bag:

Might as well pick up the Knicks for the sports mediocrity sweep! :beer:

Edited by Andrew in LA

It's funny, when the 2 NY NL teams moved in 1958, people in SF must have thought, "Great, we're getting the much better team! The Giants have 4 titles and 15 pennants!" ~50 years later, no title in SF, 5 in LA. :oops:

Yeah, but what they have going for them is they don't live in LA

Wow - I couldn't believe that Gonzalez got thrown out by a mile after Rentaria botched the play........Now, I just saw the replay and he just stopped running. How would you possibly just stop running, when it was most likely going to be a double play. You have to hustle to try to beat out that double play, much less try to get on base when the shortstop boots the ball.

Now, the inning is over. Braves and Reds didn't deserve to win, after that crap and all the errors they've made.

Wow - I couldn't believe that Gonzalez got thrown out by a mile after Rentaria botched the play........Now, I just saw the replay and he just stopped running. How would you possibly just stop running, when it was most likely going to be a double play. You have to hustle to try to beat out that double play, much less try to get on base when the shortstop boots the ball.

Now, the inning is over. Braves and Reds didn't deserve to win, after that crap and all the errors they've made.

Yeah, that was totally boneheaded. It probably would have been a close play even if Gonzalez had kept running, but you've got to at least put pressure on Renteria to make the throw. This has been a great game.

Yeah, that was totally boneheaded. It probably would have been a close play even if Gonzalez had kept running, but you've got to at least put pressure on Renteria to make the throw. This has been a great game.

It's postseason baseball. There is nothing better in sports.

It's postseason baseball. There is nothing better in sports.

I feel like these DS's have been even better than in years past, and we have an awesome Price-Lee matchup in an elimination game still to come! I hope the Giants can keep their momentum going and we see a Yankees-Giants WS.