I think Chan just put Edwards on the hot seat!

Lenigmusx

It was clear from his post game press conference that I think he sent a message. If Edwards can't fix the "D" before the bye week not only do I forsee more mid-season cuts but perhaps a new defensive coordinator. Chan was truly disgusted with this team after today.

Edited by Lenigmusx

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO fire the DC? How about you get him some friggin talent instead of strapping him with a bunch of clowns that couldn't start for another team? This front 7 from top to bottom is the worst in football.

I agree, it is hard to blame the DC when they are trying to play a 3-4 defense with no NT and

only 1 starting-caliber NFL LB. Oh, I forgot to mention that they

have a backup DT trying to be a starting DE (Spencer Johnson).

Edited by OldTimer1960

It was clear from his post game press conference that I think he sent a message. If Edwards can't fix the "D" before the bye week not only do I forsee more mid-season cuts but perhaps a new defensive coordinator. Chan was truly disgusted with this team after today.

And who gets to be truly disgusted with Chan's offense? Buddy "I'm not the smartest guy in the room" Nix?? :wallbash:

To me, there are five almost equal elements that go into how well your defense plays:

1] Pure talent

2] Scheme and coaching/preparation

3] In game play calling and adjustments

4] Luck, bounces. officiating

5] Your own offense and the position/predicament they put you in.

Edwards was not given much too work with #1, which is out of his control.

You usually make your own luck #4, both good and bad by your play.

He has not been helped by the offense much at all in #5, which is out of his control.

However, the two things he does have some control over, #2 and #3, he has been terrible at. It was an uninspired choice by Gailey, with Edwards having a decent but not stellar coaching background and career. There was little in his history that would make anyone believe he would be an excellent coordinator. Right now, he looks like a bad choice who is in over his head, regardless of the lesser talent he has been given.

It is hard not seeing edwards being the scap goat after the season if this continues

McKelvin getting burned twice, and byrd trying to pick up that fumble instead of just falling on it showed me a team that wasn't coached all that well today.

Very fair point.

I mean, this all goes back to the top though. In reality, the decision to hire Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix were made from the some cloth as what you just said. Uninspired choices who have had decent, albeit not stellar careers.

I mean, this is where Bills fans have grown too accustom to consciously ignoring the reality of the decisions that come down from arguably one of the top 5 WORST ownerships ever to have a position in the NFL (I will argue this w/ whoever wants a piece, the glory years were Bill Polian's, not Ralph's). Jauron stars 4-0 and we convince ourselves that he might just be the right guy (way wrong). Russ Brandon gets put in place as GM and we convince ourselves that it was Modrak making the decisions all along anyways, so Brandon being GM really isn't a big deal (way wrong). Gailey is hired and after much grousing, we all convince ourselves that he is the right guy to turn around our lackluster offense because he can "fit schemes to his player's strengths" (wrong). Or Nix, a guy whose eye for talent has been overshadowed by the bosses he has worked for. This guy isn't a big name, but he knows a football player when he sees one (Maybe, but Cornell Green says otherwise).

The point is, its about time that Bills fans start dealing with reality. We, the fans, are collectively being fleeced by this franchise as Ralph and the rest of his cronies line their pockets before the inevitable sale. I'm telling you, his management decisions are akin to a CEO of a company liquidating his/her shares before it goes under but publicly telling everyone that everything is going to be all right. Tell me I'm dramatic. Thats fine. But its true. And now I feel better.

Youre dramatic

To me, there are five almost equal elements that go into how well your defense plays:

1] Pure talent

He has not been helped by the offense much at all in #5, which is out of his control.

However, the two things he does have some control over, #2 and #3, he has been terrible at. It was an uninspired choice by Gailey, with Edwards having a decent but not stellar coaching background and career. There was little in his history that would make anyone believe he would be an excellent coordinator. Right now, he looks like a bad choice who is in over his head, regardless of the lesser talent he has been given.

Kelly you have nailed this one.

A VERY uninspired choice when he was hired. The scheme stinks and does nothing to compliment his players. I can't say that the 3-4 has been a failure because 3/4 of the time we are not in it. There is no pass rush. We are last in the league in stopping third down conversions. The Jets had holes 5 yards wide to run in. I'm sick of it. We haven't stopped the run since Pat Williams left.! turnover in 4 games. The personnwel is crap but Edwards is worse. He should be fired tomorrow and let Sanders see what he can do.

We should be angling right now to hire John Fox when he gets fired at the end of the year. But of course Ralph won't pay him.

This team neeeds a superstar defensive coordinator.

Gailey should put himself on the hotseat. Nix,and Brandon should be there with him.

Have we had any good years with Brandon?

They sat idle during the offseason doing nothing to improve the team.

Now they want to put people on the hotseat????

I gave Nix and Gailey the benefit of the doubt during the offseason.

I thought they could turn the team from a 6-10 team to an 8-8 maybe 9-7 team.

Now we are the worst team in the league. An azzwhipping from Detroit will make it official

and crush any hope I have left in this team.

Dick Jauron kept us more respectible (I didn't think that was possible).

Maybe Nix and Gailey's ego made them feel that they could win with the existing team.

It seems as though they are in plan B mode without a plan.

This is the first time since the 80's where I honestly don't know if we will win a game.

How else do you end a week that starts out by giving one of your most below average players a huge pay raise. Sometimes it takes effort to suck and by what we have seen this week, we now know they are trying to secure mediocrity for the future.

Edited by VADC Bills

1] Pure talent

This. Edwards and his staff have made a bad defense look like the worst one in the NFL.

Who hired Edwards in the first place? That is the dumb ass who needs to be fired.

However, the two things he does have some control over, #2 and #3, he has been terrible at.

Well, ain't that what a DC does???? Schemes and adjustments?

You can't get lit up for 34-38-38 the last three games and not put the blame squarley on the shoulders of the DC.

LMAO fire the DC? How about you get him some friggin talent instead of strapping him with a bunch of clowns that couldn't start for another team? This front 7 from top to bottom is the worst in football.

great observation. All the planning in the world will not overcome a lack of talent.

McKelvin getting burned twice, and byrd trying to pick up that fumble instead of just falling on it showed me a team that wasn't coached all that well today.

I am not a huge fan of Edwards or the Bills attempt at a 3-4, but I can't say that this proves the team is not well coached.

You have never seen a player other than Byrd (who has been almost non existent this year) even on a good team not do this ? Players learn this concept in Pee wee football. He tried to make a play, it didn't happen.

McKelvin biting on a pump fake, or plain just getting burned, your right, I have never seen this happen on a good coached team. /sarcasm off

1] Pure talent

Great post, Dog. He's no Perry Fewell, that's for sure.

I agree, I don't think I have ever seen a worse looking front 7.