who would you root for if the Bills left

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would passively root for the Vikings as my dad is a Vikings fan but I wouldn't have the same affection for any team like I do the Bills. I would still love football and hope that my dad sees the Vikings win the big one but the passion that I display for the Bills wouldn't be there for other teams. I would root for certain players and like certain teams but if the Bills left Buffalo I just couldn't root for anyone the same way (Even if they moved to Toronto or anyother city).

Edited by billsfan89

If the Bill left I would root for teams and players that were smash mouth but wouldn't lock on to one team. So who would you root for?

The team and the never-ending greed that is the NFL would be dead to me. I love the game of football so I'd turn my attention strictly to college. Specifically, my favorite team since childhood, the Alabama Crimson Tide.

The team and the never-ending greed that is the NFL would be dead to me. I love the game of football so I'd turn my attention strictly to college. Specifically, my favorite team since childhood, the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Don't worry, Nick Saban can still teach you a thing or two about greed! :devil:

Don't worry, Nick Saban can still teach you a thing or two about greed! :devil:

There's no doubt that the NCAA has become a cash grab as well but at least they don't yank teams away from their fanbases or hold them hostage by threatening to leave town.

The New Zealand All Blacks would be my team plain and simple.

The NFL would be utterly and easily dead to me. Heck, it's hard to be a fan now, as it is. Greed and thugs aren't my cup of tea.

(Twinnings Earl Grey is)

Edited by Kiwi Bills fan

If the Bill left I would root for teams and players that were smash mouth but wouldn't lock on to one team. So who would you root for?

After the Braves left Buffalo, I never rooted for another NBA team, and despite the fact it is over 30 years later, it would be no different if the Bills left. However, after Carmello Anthony led the 'Cuse to their first NCAA Championship in 2003, I became a Denver Nuggets fan. Syracuse is outside the "Buffalo - Western New York" area a bit, but they have always been my favorite college to root for. And since the Braves, Sabres and Bills have never won a championship, (sorry, but I don't count those two AFL Championships as if they were SB wins), the Orange's championship in '03 was something I really enjoyed watching!

might show a passing interest in the Packers and the Browns, but I'd never spend another dime on the NFL

That being said, unless fans abandon the Bills, we won't be losing them...there is a plan to keep them here and the only thing that could derail that plan is a loss of fan interest in the team

I'd probably watch a lot more college ball, and root for the NFL teams closest to where I leave - if I live in The BuffTown, then the Browns & the Steelers are my teams. If I lived on the left coast, it'd be the Chargers or 49ers. The ONLY exception to that is if I lived in Boston* - no freakin' way could I EVER root for the Cheatriettes* - it'd have to be whatever team was being coached by...

Mike Leach

might show a passing interest in the Packers and the Browns, but I'd never spend another dime on the NFL

That being said, unless fans abandon the Bills, we won't be losing them...there is a plan to keep them here and the only thing that could derail that plan is a loss of fan interest in the team

After today's pasting by the Jets, your "only thing" will likely be reality. So, my friend, who exactly is paying $700m + for a business based on the WNY non-economy. The other owners will not approve a below market sales price and a market sales price cannot be supported by the WNY economy as ticket and luxury suite prices would skyrocket. Are you ready to pay a Jim Kelly ownership group $5000 for a Personal Seat license? Well, you will be if you want a ticket. I hope the bills move, because only when they move, will top notch talent and management come to the franchise. Its as much the place as the team that drives players away in FA and keeps the Cowhers/Shanahans/McNabbs of the world from coming. For example, McNabb took LESS $$ to come to the Redskins.

No one. I'm already rapidly losing interest in football as it is. Many factors, including the awful Bills, have led to my ever-increasing apathy.

Apathy is the exactly the way I've been feeling lately, espically about this awful organization.

It would be years after but if I did come back I would route for Houston or the Saints.

I'd either abandon the sport altogether, or root for whomever had the worst record the previous season. Rooting for a team mired in mediocrity and futility is kind of addictive.

:D:lol::D

I would probably back the Lions. I must hate myself.

Edited by Bill from NYC