who would you root for if the Bills left

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Seahawks. They are my closest team in proximity and they seem to be another bunch of lovable losers. Went to Qwest Field last week for the game against the Chargers and loved the atmosphere there. Great stadium, incredibly loud and a good group of fans. That being said, they will never be the Bills for me. It's a tough call to ever switch allegiance.

Edited by VanCity

I live in DC, so I'd inevitably end up following the Skins. I'd never love them like I love the Bills -- it's impossible that any other team could ever make me feel the joy or pain that the Bills bring. But I love football, and I'm gonna watch football no matter what, and DC has been home for 10 years now, so I'd probably become a Skins fan. Not a fanatic, but a fan. The fact that the Skins are completely dysfunctional, have sucked for the past decade, and have a horrible owner would make the transition easy. :rolleyes:

The Bills make the Skins look like they're run by the Rooney family.

Maybe the Browns, because I have liked them since I was young, but not passionately. My only passion would be to root for whichever team is playing the LA Bills, or Toronto Bills or OK City Bills or whatever. The franchise is meaningless, the city they represent is what matters and without the Buffalo in the Bills, they are dead to me.

I think it's absurd to keep asking this question. Would you guys just let Ralph Wilson live out the rest of his days. No one has any clue if this decision even has to be made. It's disrespectful and obnoxious. Why don't you guys just start rummaging through your parents things and start picking out the stuff you want when they die. Hopefully they don't sell anything in a garage sale or something before they die and leave you screwed out of any of the items you picked.

after todays game how about root for the bills to leave

How about just voting for you to leave? Either you are a troll, a moron or giving your best shot, and miserably failing, at sarcasm. I'm hoping for the first or third alternative because I'd hate to call a Bills fan a moron.

I think it's absurd to keep asking this question. Would you guys just let Ralph Wilson live out the rest of his days. No one has any clue if this decision even has to be made. It's disrespectful and obnoxious. Why don't you guys just start rummaging through your parents things and start picking out the stuff you want when they die. Hopefully they don't sell anything in a garage sale or something before they die and leave you screwed out of any of the items you picked.

A fine sentiment indeed, but we are dealing with a sports franchise that all of us on here hold close to our heart. The threat of losing them to OKC or Vegas or LA or Virginia irks us and deservedly so. If Ralph did the appropriate thing and gave carte blanch to a verifiable FO, we wouldn't be in this situation. "At least he's not Al Davis" is the best thing I can say about our owner in regards to the way he runs the Bills.

A fine sentiment indeed, but we are dealing with a sports franchise that all of us on here hold close to our heart. The threat of losing them to OKC or Vegas or LA or Virginia irks us and deservedly so. If Ralph did the appropriate thing and gave carte blanch to a verifiable FO, we wouldn't be in this situation. "At least he's not Al Davis" is the best thing I can say about our owner in regards to the way he runs the Bills.

You may hold your parents bank account dear to your heart also, but it isn't yours. And it's hardly appropriate for you and your siblings to decide how it's going to get divided when they die.

You know, you're really being stupid with this. I was a huge Angels fan. I moved to San Francisco last year and now I'm a huge Giants fan. So what you're saying is I was never an Angels fan? That's just ridiculous.

Well, before I answer that I need to ask if you were born and raised in Buffalo as a Bills fan?

Well, before I answer that I need to ask if you were born and raised in Buffalo as a Bills fan?

Buffalo? No. WNY? Yes.

Please tell your Giants to man up and beat the Padres today...I want Bobby Cox to get into the post season, but the Braves are crapping the bed at the worst possible time.

Done

Do you really need an explanation?

Well actually what explaination I need is what does the fact that I was raised in Buffalo as a Bills fan have to do with the fact that if the Bills left Buffalo and I started to follow another team why I was never a Bills fan to begin with.

Hell if the Bills don't leave Buffalo and I become a fan of another team has nothing to do with was I a fan to begin with. Once again that's just a stupid opinion.

How many times does this question need to be asked? The correct answer is the NFL should be dead to you if the Bills leave. If you can pick another team then you were never really a fan to begin with.

:thumbsup::worthy: All that really needs to be said in this pathetic thread. The lack of loyalty here to the Queen City and to WNY sickens me at a very visceral level. Too many football fan Benedict Arnolds and Ralph Wilson apologists around here for my liking.