who would you root for if the Bills left

I would be done with the NFL. The Bills are my only interest in pro football. The Bills are doing a good job of weaning me away from interest and excitement on Sundays so what I once thought would be an impossible loss, now seems it will be tolerable.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bill left I would root for teams and players that were smash mouth but wouldn't lock on to one team. So who would you root for?

It would depend on the circumstances. If the team were bought by an owner that truly wanted to build a winning team and a football-savy management, I would continue to support them no matter where they were.

In any case, I would not stop watching pro football. That would be like punishing myself.

If the Bill left I would root for teams and players that were smash mouth but wouldn't lock on to one team. So who would you root for?

I would root for my wallet and my productivity level. Translated: I would not root for anyone. Bills or bust!

I have to be totally honest...as much as I would love to say the NFL would be "dead" to me, I think I would follow what was happening with our "former" Bills team no matter where they ended up. I know I wouldn't love them like the Bills of Buffalo, but I know for a fact that they would be the only team that I would feel any "connection" to whatsoever.

How many times does this question need to be asked? The correct answer is the NFL should be dead to you if the Bills leave. If you can pick another team then you were never really a fan to begin with.

Well that's just bull ****. So it's either the Bills or nothing? :blink:

might show a passing interest in the Packers and the Browns, but I'd never spend another dime on the NFL

That being said, unless fans abandon the Bills, we won't be losing them...there is a plan to keep them here and the only thing that could derail that plan is a loss of fan interest in the team

If you have cable TV you're spending money on them every time you watch TV, whether you know it or not.

How many times does this question need to be asked? The correct answer is the NFL should be dead to you if the Bills leave. If you can pick another team then you were never really a fan to begin with.

That's ridiculous, man. I am a diehard Bills fan for the past 25 years, and if they ever left Buffalo I'd be devastated. But the fact of the matter is that I LOVE the sport of football, and there's no way in hell that there will EVER be a sunday I won't look forward to in the Fall/Winter for that very reason. Your analogy is like saying if your girlfriend leaves you, you'll swear off women forever. That's just absurd.

when the BIlls leave I'm done with the NFL. My loyalty is only to Buffalo.. the sport itself means nothing to me

That's ridiculous, man. I am a diehard Bills fan for the past 25 years, and if they ever left Buffalo I'd be devastated. But the fact of the matter is that I LOVE the sport of football, and there's no way in hell that there will EVER be a sunday I won't look forward to in the Fall/Winter for that very reason. Your analogy is like saying if your girlfriend leaves you, you'll swear off women forever. That's just absurd.

actually I disagree. Buffalo is my ONLY reaosn for watching football and hockey. take those teams away and I have no reason to ever watch... and won't

when the BIlls leave I'm done with the NFL. My loyalty is only to Buffalo.. the sport itself means nothing to me

actually I disagree. Buffalo is my ONLY reaosn for watching football and hockey. take those teams away and I have no reason to ever watch... and won't

So basically you're a Buffalo fan, but not a sports fan?

If you can pick up and root for @another team like you have for the Bills then you're either lying to yourself or you weren't really a fan to begin with. I don't know why this is hard to understand.

You know, you're really being stupid with this. I was a huge Angels fan. I moved to San Francisco last year and now I'm a huge Giants fan. So what you're saying is I was never an Angels fan? That's just ridiculous.

Maybe the Steelers or the Redksins as i do live in Virginia. In addition to those teams i would root each year for the team with the best chance of beating the Bills in their new location because i would want nothing good for the ownership of that team.

You know, you're really being stupid with this. I was a huge Angels fan. I moved to San Francisco last year and now I'm a huge Giants fan. So what you're saying is I was never an Angels fan? That's just ridiculous.

Please tell your Giants to man up and beat the Padres today...I want Bobby Cox to get into the post season, but the Braves are crapping the bed at the worst possible time.

I live in DC, so I'd inevitably end up following the Skins. I'd never love them like I love the Bills -- it's impossible that any other team could ever make me feel the joy or pain that the Bills bring. But I love football, and I'm gonna watch football no matter what, and DC has been home for 10 years now, so I'd probably become a Skins fan. Not a fanatic, but a fan. The fact that the Skins are completely dysfunctional, have sucked for the past decade, and have a horrible owner would make the transition easy. :rolleyes: