Roscoe in for Stevie

AllDayADay

stevie had arms fully extended on that play. it's on tape. what he did was start to stop the route for whatever reason, then pick it back up when he saw the ball thrown ahead of him. probably a mistake nonetheless on his part, but he makes most of his catches on similar routes... i doubt on this one for some reason he got scared when the LB was like 50 feet away.

Fair enough. I have to look at the tape. But thanks for the clarification - really!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we have the shortest one-two punch in the league. They are working on a play where Lee carries roscoe on his shoulders and...well I suppose I've said too much already :bag:

I have a solution. They should use the 2nd round pick next year on a tall receiver.

stevie had arms fully extended on that play. it's on tape. what he did was start to stop the route for whatever reason, then pick it back up when he saw the ball thrown ahead of him. probably a mistake nonetheless on his part, but he makes most of his catches on similar routes... i doubt on this one for some reason he got scared when the LB was like 50 feet away.

He got ROCKED by Clay Matthews right after the ball hit his hands

One of the things I noticed on Sunday....

Stevie Johnson is not at fault for the Int that he short armed.

Watch the play in slow motion and it is obvious that Johnson was

wide open off the break. Edwards held the ball way too long. The

longer he waited, the deeper Johnson got into traffic. Edwards paniced

and threw the ball just as a Packer was about to hit him.

Had the pass been thrown on the break, it would have been an easy

completion. Trent waited too long...indeceisive.

Stevie still has to take some heat for short arming the ball.

I have seen alot of other wide outs do the same thing on that type of

throw, and come back to kick the QB in the ass.

I have a solution. They should use the 2nd round pick next year on a tall receiver.

Like James Hardy.....right???

Does this mean that Steve is not going into the Hall of Fame this year?

Other than the fact that the ball went through his hands . . . .

One of the things I noticed on Sunday....

Stevie Johnson is not at fault for the Int that he short armed.

Watch the play in slow motion and it is obvious that Johnson was

wide open off the break. Edwards held the ball way too long. The

longer he waited, the deeper Johnson got into traffic. Edwards paniced

and threw the ball just as a Packer was about to hit him.

Had the pass been thrown on the break, it would have been an easy

completion. Trent waited too long...indeceisive.

Stevie still has to take some heat for short arming the ball.

I have seen alot of other wide outs do the same thing on that type of

throw, and come back to kick the QB in the ass.

Like James Hardy.....right???

Everyone is harping on the one play where Johnson short armed the ball. He did, clearly.

But you also have to admit that Trent, and to some degree Gailey, hung him out to dry as well.

Coming across the middle is a good way to get crushed, particularly playing a team like GB.

Now add in the fact that the ball was way out in front of him and he would have needed to stretch out pretty freaking far to catch that ball. Against that GB defense that isn't a good way to get crushed, it's a good way to get killed.

So no WR should ever be told to run a route across the middle, particularly against a team like GB? Are you serious? This is the NFL. Dustin Keller got absolutely lit up on MNF by Ray Lewis and popped right back up and kept playing. Bottom line, if he's too scared to run a route across the middle, then get him off the field.

just read that parrish started GB game too... so it's not punishment. just part of Chan's starting people based on "packages" of plays... like Spiller starting 1 game, and Lynch another, and probably Fred another.

I wonder if they're starting to look at this season as the pre-season for next year when they hope we'll be competitive.

He got ROCKED by Clay Matthews right after the ball hit his hands

they bumped, not rocked, cua the ball was long gone... when SJ first slowed Matthews was pretty far away. maybe that is why he stopped his route. maybe that is why he thought it was the proper thing to do. i don't know routes. i do know they adjust sometimes based on coverages and observations. i just think it's ridiculous to think he will bail on a crossing route when that's what he's been doing all along and what got him to be a starting or #3 WR in the NFL.

I heard there's some 6'5" kid out of Indiana that's supposed to be pretty good..

sounds like he'd be open even when he isn't open.

I'm still wondering what is so heinous about Chad Jackson that he can look like at least the second best WR on this team and end up cut- is it drugs, sex, gambling, attitude problem, is he a locker room lawyer, a theif, a whiner, a Jehovah Witness, a Commie, a Nazi- if anyone has a theory please share.

So no WR should ever be told to run a route across the middle, particularly against a team like GB? Are you serious? This is the NFL. Dustin Keller got absolutely lit up on MNF by Ray Lewis and popped right back up and kept playing. Bottom line, if he's too scared to run a route across the middle, then get him off the field.

Didn't see that play, and I'm not saying no one should run a route across the middle. But there is a big difference in getting lit up across the middle, and getting lit up while you are fully extended. If you are mathematically inclined ...

middle-route + fully-extended = receiver-on-IR

Edited by CodeMonkey

I hope they don't stop there. Bench Green and Kelsay and play young guys that have a chance of an upside. With the uncertainty next year for league play, why not develop the young guys? It's a two-fer. They will get precious game experience and we may end up with a high draft slot two years running!

I saw that too, he definitely stopped his route. If he keeps going then he's got the ball and a run towards the sideline for probably 15 yards. I'm guess (guessing being the key word) that it wasn't just that the ball was tipped and intercepted but the way the route was run and his inability to execute.

So now we have the shortest one-two punch in the league. They are working on a play where Lee carries roscoe on his shoulders and...well I suppose I've said too much already :bag:

If they could turn into The Smurfs then that might be okay:

In the Fun Bunch, there was a sub-group nicknamed the Smurfs. The Smurfs consisted of Virgil Seay, Alvin Garrett, and Charlie Brown. The three were given the nickname because of their diminutive size (Garrett was 5'7”, Seay known as Papa Smurf was 5'8", and Brown the tallest at 5'10”), comparing them to the tiny blue comic and cartoon characters in The Smurfs.

Part of The Fun Bunch