Roscoe in for Stevie

AllDayADay

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess Trent benching wasnt the only one.

That right there is strange to me. If you're going to give the opportunity to guys who are just coming to play and not making mistakes, I'd think Nelson is the guy and that Parrish doesn't warrant a promotion to No. 2. He is certainly viable in the slot if they can start hitting him in stride and using him as a slasher.

And Roscoe was treated like a 4 year old when the defensive back told him "give me that" on the interception and Coe was too weak to do anything about it

Scoe will be in the slot for 3 and 4 reciever packages. Im just concerned with him in their on running plays. Im sure gailey has thought this over.

According to WGR's Paul Hamilton, Roscoe was officially the #2 WR in the Green Bay game and that will continue heading into New England. The change was apparently made following the opener against Miami.

Everyone is harping on the one play where Johnson short armed the ball. He did, clearly.

But you also have to admit that Trent, and to some degree Gailey, hung him out to dry as well.

Coming across the middle is a good way to get crushed, particularly playing a team like GB.

Now add in the fact that the ball was way out in front of him and he would have needed to stretch out pretty freaking far to catch that ball. Against that GB defense that isn't a good way to get crushed, it's a good way to get killed.

Scoe will be in the slot for 3 and 4 reciever packages. Im just concerned with him in their on running plays. Im sure gailey has thought this over.

Two things:

1. Fitz is much more mobile than Trent, so this does "slightly" minimize the blocking importance of the #2 WR.

2. I'm wondering if Spiller is now going to be the de facto #2 WR in the offense's core playbook. It would certainly be a creative way of getting our most athletic player on the field more.

Guess Trent benching wasnt the only one.

Just more stuff for Belicheat to think about and game plan for. Roscoe imo would be better in the slot. Who knows what the lineup will really be on game day. Perhaps Chan is just playing little mind games with the patsies. We'll see.

Everyone is harping on the one play where Johnson short armed the ball. He did, clearly.

But you also have to admit that Trent, and to some degree Gailey, hung him out to dry as well.

Coming across the middle is a good way to get crushed, particularly playing a team like GB.

Now add in the fact that the ball was way out in front of him and he would have needed to stretch out pretty freaking far to catch that ball. Against that GB defense that isn't a good way to get crushed, it's a good way to get killed.

The Bills "hung him out to dry" by calling for him to run a pattern across the middle?

If he can't do this, why is he on a team?

The Bills "hung him out to dry" by calling for him to run a pattern across the middle?

If he can't do this, why is he on a team?

I need to see film, but IIRC a defender was crossing straight toward Johnson, which looked to me like the reason Johnson stopped short on his route. I also saw Parrish about five yards down and to SJ's left, more open than Stevie. I didn't see Trent hanging SJ out to dry the way Flutie used to do to his receivers, but this wasn't cut-and-dried either. Reading some of the latest articles on concussions makes me think twice about the "tough-guy" mentality that we seem to overvalue in terms of the ability to take open-field hits, too. He can and should run the pattern, and to some extent these guys are always putting their bodies on the line, but there are greater and lesser risks for lasting damage. It's always a judgment call.

stevie had arms fully extended on that play. it's on tape. what he did was start to stop the route for whatever reason, then pick it back up when he saw the ball thrown ahead of him. probably a mistake nonetheless on his part, but he makes most of his catches on similar routes... i doubt on this one for some reason he got scared when the LB was like 50 feet away.