Fitzie starting? Why not Brohm??

I agree Fitz give's the bills the best chance at winning now, but to what point? I know all coaches want to win so I guess I'm OK with it, but I hope Brohm gets his shot soon, so we know if we need a QB this coming draft.

That's three straight coaching staffs that have made him 3rd string/practice squad when there wasn't tremendous talent in front of him. That trend says something.

I think Fitz makes sense in the short-term, as he has a bit more experience and probably knows the playbook a tad better, too.

I think Brohm has the most potential of the three QBs, and they should be grooming him to be the starter. Throwing him to the lions now, may not be the best thing for his future, or that of the Bills. If Fitz totally tanks, then Chan won't have much of a choice. But if the Harvard man can run the offense a bit better than Trent (which he has in the past), and keep the Bills in the game, they can bring BB along a bit more slowly.

Even if the Bills completely tank this year, and end up drafting a QB in the 1st round, I would hate to see that guy start year #1. I'd like to see Brohm step up and become a competent #1 QB for this team, even if it is only for a year, or two.

I agree Fitz give's the bills the best chance at winning now, but to what point?

Because he has proven that he can play, compete, and win in the NFL. Brohm has proven he can't even excel in pre season or TC or mini camp.

And, contrary to the wishes of many on here, we're trying to win this year. We'll worry about next year in the off season. In the meantime, there are league games to play.

Regardless of what Brohm does, we will be drafting a QB in April.

Indeed (although not necessarily in the 1st round). But I'd like to see that guy sit for a year or two and have a real chance at success. Let's hope Brohm proves to be at least adequate. I think he might be that, and a bit more.

we still have a shot, no matter how realistic you think it is, then the qb should be who evere gives us the best chance of winning, after we have reached a point where it is not realistic to make the playoffs, hopefully we dont get there, then you go with the guy with the most upside, i.e. brohm

I agree Fitz give's the bills the best chance at winning now, but to what point? I know all coaches want to win so I guess I'm OK with it, but I hope Brohm gets his shot soon, so we know if we need a QB this coming draft.

[This is an automated response]

This thread is in direct violation of point 1 of the new board what you can and can't talk about policy. Please delete this thread before it is physically removed from the premises. Thank you for your cooperation.

What happens after 3 mediocre games from Fitz? Edwards is # 2

I think you nailed it right there. 3 games gets the Bills to the break so this is a "natural" audition for Fitz. If the Bills continue to lose with and look terrible doing it, then I think Brohm gets the call for the rest of the season.