J. Scott is starting LT for Pittsburgh

Fitzmagic

Should've kept Scott and Incognito. I remember when Raiders fans were laughing that we signed Green, while many on this board were saying, "he's a veteran stop gap. He'll be ok, much better than what we had last season." Sadly, the Raider fans were correct in their assessment. This OL: LT-Bell/LG-Levitre/C-Wood/RG-Incognito/RT-Scott, looks better than: LT-Bell/LG-Levitre/C-Hangartner/RG-Wood/RT-Green.

Should've kept Scott and Incognito. I remember when Raiders fans were laughing that we signed Green, while many on this board were saying, "he's a veteran stop gap. He'll be ok, much better than what we had last season." Sadly, the Raider fans were correct in their assessment. This OL: LT-Bell/LG-Levitre/C-Wood/RG-Incognito/RT-Scott, looks better than: LT-Bell/LG-Levitre/C-Hangartner/RG-Wood/RT-Green.

I'm still upset we let Incognitogo.

RT Green RG Incognito C Wood LG LeVitre LT Bell looks better than what we trotted out last week.

Scott was never that great but looks to be better than Green and was/is better than Chambers. I miss him in a "dang we are really this bad" kind way

All those guys really sucked. Scott at best is a below average backup. I think if you have to start a guy like Scott you have a lot of issues with your offensive line.

Scott sucks, maybe he is better than Green but he is not any sort of solution to our problems.

Incognito is alright, but our guards are not our big issue anyways and he has a history of extremely dirty play and confrontations with his coaches, so they probably felt it wasn't worth the trouble (like the Rams did when they cut him for his bad behavior).

Also, here are the other guards on the Dolphins right now: Cory Procter, John Jerry, and Pat McQuistan. So it's not like the Dolphins have some deep corps of interior lineman, they just really needed a guy.

Edited by Benjamin Barker

same. It is sad that our RT position is as bad as it is. And I was someone that was ok with the green signing. I wasn't a big fan, but I sure didn't bash it.

Yeah, but how could you have known he would be this bad? Many plays he doesn't make any physical contact with the defender (i.e., complete whiffs). It's amazing; I've never seen anything like Cornell Green at any level of football.

Speaking of which, who plays C for the Bills if the Hangman can't go? (He's missed some practice this week.) Do they move Wood to the pivot and Howard goes to RG?

Bigger picture, sounds like Wang and Urbik aren't exactly ready and with Bell and Meredith platooning because Bell is trying to play on one leg, Howard is the only depth there is... :beer:

Green is no "STop Gap" he is an "Open Gap"!!! Man he is bad.

Again, Incognito didn't want to be in Buffalo and Scott is just as bad as Green. Dixon is going to get killed.

You people with the "player X didn't want to be in Buffalo" nonsense need to get a life.

Who cares if Incognito didn't want to be in Buffalo? Jim Kelly didn't want to be in Buffalo.

We could have tendered both of these guys and chose not to. It makes no sense given our depth situation and the fact that Cornell Green is abysmal.

I'm still upset we let Incognitogo.

RT Green RG Incognito C Wood LG LeVitre LT Bell looks better than what we trotted out last week.

Funny how people want to replace Hangartner when Green and Bell are the weak spots.

What fact does anyone have that Wood is ready to be a center in the NFL?

Scott was never that great but looks to be better than Green and was/is better than Chambers. I miss him in a "dang we are really this bad" kind way

Let's not rewrite history. Scott was just plan horrible, as was Chambers. Scott is no better than Green but lets give Green a few games since he is coming off of an injury.

That said, I watched Green closely while at the Miami game and he was not good. I could see Meredith moving to RT when Bell is healthy enought ot play a full gme.

I do not expect anything from Wang either.

As I have been saying all off season, we did not do enough to address OT. There were players we could have pursued. We could be in for a long season with the tackles we have. This could be the worst set of OT's in Bills history.

Edited by Bob in STL

I didn't really care, until I saw he was starting for the Fish. This is a guy that wasn't good enough for us to bring to camp according to Nix and Coach Gailey. And he starts for the Tuna's team! Makes me wonder if they know what they're doing ...

Yeah, the Dolphins offense looked great in year 3 of Parcells regime.

You people with the "player X didn't want to be in Buffalo" nonsense need to get a life.

Who cares if Incognito didn't want to be in Buffalo? Jim Kelly didn't want to be in Buffalo.

We could have tendered both of these guys and chose not to. It makes no sense given our depth situation and the fact that Cornell Green is abysmal.

Again, Incognito was a RFA and could have been tendered. He would have had no choice but play in Buffalo.

If only it were that simple. :rolleyes: