9/11....Never Forget!

The Poojer

I'll remove it.

I had just graduated from Stevens Institute that summer and was taking an additional Project Management track.

Stevens is directly across the Hudson from the WTC with a beautiful unobstructed view of lower Manhattan.

The department head sent a PPT deck around with a collection of photos of the atrocity.

Several were those of people that were trapped in the upper floors with no way out who decided they'd rather perish in a fall than burn to death.

I lost some friends on 911. A few others escaped - but not unscathed.

Unforgettable horror was visited on the US that day.

I was in 7th grade when it happened. It was 11:00 before the school told us anything officially, so there were a lot of scary rumors flying around among the students...one of the kids had everybody convinced full out nuclear war had commenced.

It's very difficult to believe that it's been 9 years. Just one of those days that will always be seared into my brain.

never want to make light of the tragic events of that day, but the Onion was able to do it less than 3 weeks later....

only the Onion could get away with this

And then, of course, there's this...

http://www.theonion.com/video/americans-observing-911-by-trying-not-to-masturbat,14366/

I hope Pooj and I aren't offending anyone, but count me as one who believes laughter is part of the healing process.

I'll never forget that day... I was a freshman in high school and stayed home because I just didn't wanna go to school. I watched the second plane hit the tower on Good Morning America, and spent the rest of the day glued to the TV, I couldn't believe any of it, it was a surreal day that I'll never forget the "holy sh##" feeling seeing that plane hit on live TV.

Heard it on Stern and them listened to him report developments all morning. Slipped out to a conference room to see the TV then opted for the radio instead. Howard kept tapping different national news feeds in his search for answers.

was at work listening to Stern as well, everyone crowded around the radio. i still remember their initial report that they thought it was a small plane that accidentally crashed. and then the progression through a horrible day. he did a great job that day, staying on the air and reporting. ill never forget that.

I'll never forget that day... I was a freshman in high school and stayed home because I just didn't wanna go to school. I watched the second plane hit the tower on Good Morning America, and spent the rest of the day glued to the TV, I couldn't believe any of it, it was a surreal day that I'll never forget the "holy sh##" feeling seeing that plane hit on live TV.

I was in ninth grade english with Mr. Tut. We did nothing the rest of the day in any of my classes. I opened up one of those picytures and it was instant hair standing on the back of my neck. I get chills just thinking about it. I will never forget about those cowards, those %&*#@%# cowards, where rotting in hell will neve be good enough. They did not win though. We are still here and going stronger thatn ever.

was at work listening to Stern as well, everyone crowded around the radio. i still remember their initial report that they thought it was a small plane that accidentally crashed. and then the progression through a horrible day. he did a great job that day, staying on the air and reporting. ill never forget that.

Yes, I used to have the entire broadcast from that day and have been searching hard to find it. If anyone has it, please, let me get it!

From Pam Anderson to Bababooey coming in...argh.

I was just getting to my 2nd class of the day at 9:00am and students were talking about it. One of the towers on campus had a fire alarm pulled that morning and some people were confused that a plane hit the tower. About 5 minutes in to class a prof and an officer came in to get us out of all buildings and cancel school.

There were a few fights that afternoon. Muslims were watching the TV in the student union speaking their language? and some kids beat the shiz out of them just for being muslim.

That Friday I went down to BGSU, it was amazing seeing how campus' were tore up.

Edited by jboyst62