5 undrafted free agents made team

Pete

That's one way to look at it.

Yeah the other side of the coin is that the talent pool on the Bills was so weak, these guys are better than them. Lest we not forget, there is a new regime in town, they want to put their own stamp on the roster with their guys.

This is another clue that the drafting of Levy, Jauron, Modrak, and Brandon was not very good. Depth on any NFL team can't extend to all positions, but the Bills are still only strong at off the LOS areas. Perhaps one of those 5 UDFA's becomes a player down the line, but for this season it's unlikely.

kudos to the front office!

No kudos because is really a sign of a very weak team.

I try to be positve and I love the Bills. I have been following them since I can remember (1964-65).

This team has no Pro Bowl players other than the punter. There is very little depth outside of the secondary and RB. Our roster has only three back up offensive lineman on it and two are rookies (a 5th rounder and an UDFA).

This is really not great news unless you agree that Nix is blowing this team up and starting over.

Edited by Bob in STL

Not sure what the kudos are for exactly. Surely it can't be to the old regime of Jauron/Levy/Brandon who exited the stage with a losing record, no All Pro players, and a lack of depth.

The new regime? For cleaning house on a bad team? What's hard about that? Of the starters, the new regime brought in 1 guy on offense and 3 on defense. All 4 of these were bargain bin free agents.

I am hoping that Spiller can become a difference maker and anticipate he'll force his way on the field sooner rather than later.

It's kind of sad that former 1st round picks like Lynch, McCargo, and McKelvin are backups. Parrish is another high pick that should be in the prime of his career at this point. Brohm is still at 3rd string.

Well, at least Donte Whitner won his job back. Kudos to Twitner.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

I try to be positve and I love the Bills. I have been following them since I can remember (1964-65).

This team has no Pro Bowl players other than the punter. There is very little depth outside of the secondary and RB. Our roster has only three back up offensive lineman on it and two are rookies (a 5th rounder and an UDFA).

This is really not great news unless you agree that Nix is blowing this team up and starting over.

um what happen to jarouis byrd. I thought he was pretty good and pro bowl material.

This is another clue that the drafting of Levy, Jauron, Modrak, and Brandon was not very good. Depth on any NFL team can't extend to all positions, but the Bills are still only strong at off the LOS areas. Perhaps one of those 5 UDFA's becomes a player down the line, but for this season it's unlikely.

The bills DLine is plenty strong. You've got reason to be pessimistic about the OLine, but don't let your insatiable doom and gloom run amok. **** gets old, homey.

The bills DLine is plenty strong. You've got reason to be pessimistic about the OLine, but don't let your insatiable doom and gloom run amok. **** gets old, homey.

So who's going to be the pass rusher extraordinaire up front? They're flashing a lot of 4-3 looks which is nice, but there's not one DLineman or LB that has proven they can get to the QB routinely.

Call it Doom and Gloom, call it whatever you want, but facts are facts: This is a rebuilding season.

um what happen to jarouis byrd. I thought he was pretty good and pro bowl material.

Obviously, he ignores anything that disprove his point about the Bills sucking.

The negative Nellies will look at 5 undrafted guys making the team and see doom and gloom. People like me and the OP starter see it as the sign of a good FO. If these players sucked I'd agree but they don't. JMO

Color me happy that Buddy Nix is running the show and has the gonads to standup the Ralph's bean counters in Detriot. One, two, three years down the line the warm bodies taking up roster spots will be history. Nix knows talent, but rebuilding an extremely talent deprived team will take time.

It's hard to not see positives in finding good undrafted street free agents. Though i'd rather they kept bell to a couple on this list, these finds plus making the right call on spiller, and grabbing moats late make me think this regime is already off to a far better scouting / drafting start than any of the regimes that have followed butler.

Edited by DC Grid

I doubt there is little differnece between a 6th round pick and an UDFA in terms of talent. In fact it was not long ago when the draft had 12 rounds and all these UDFA's would be late round picks. The only difference is teams get to fill out the back-ups and project players like a college recruitment instead of a draft process and day two of the draft doesn't linger on for 12 hours.

Color me happy that Buddy Nix is running the show and has the gonads to standup the Ralph's bean counters in Detriot.

Nix is keeping free agents and cutting Vets. Sounds more like he's working with the bean counters.

Of course it is not my point that Nix is being cheap, only that, that part of your post is not accurate.

David Nelson

Donald Jones

Domininique Harris (that is badass being an undrafted CB and making this roster)

Cordaro Howard

Antonio Coleman

Yeah sure - kudos to the "cash to Cap" cheap budget set by Ralph Wilson, you mean! Personally, I would have preferred 5 free agents signed way back in March, being on the team right now, instead of these 5 over-achievers who may end up having nice NFL careers, but made the Bills mostly due to the lack of talent on the squad! :doh:

David Nelson

Donald Jones

Domininique Harris (that is badass being an undrafted CB and making this roster)

Cordaro Howard

Antonio Coleman

I really don't understand Jones, Howard, or Coleman making the team. Jones and Howard looked noticeably bad in the preseason games. I didn't even notice Coleman's play at all. Strange.

Um. He is really good and Pro Bowl material.

Now lets see him stay healthy and make the Pro Bowl. OK?

I doubt there is little differnece between a 6th round pick and an UDFA in terms of talent. In fact it was not long ago when the draft had 12 rounds and all these UDFA's would be late round picks. The only difference is teams get to fill out the back-ups and project players like a college recruitment instead of a draft process and day two of the draft doesn't linger on for 12 hours.

Agree. If you are a college player you are probably better off being a UDFA than a 6-7 round pick. That way you can select which team you go to and you can pick the one that needs you the most.

Cordaro Howard (UDFA) beat out Kyle Calloway (round 7) and it was not even close.