Most Over Rated Band of All Time?

truth on hold

I know this will offend a lot of people, but I'm sorry, it's U2. :oops:

These guys could barely play their instruments on their 1st few albums. :doh:

And how can a greatest band ever claim songs like "Sweetest Thing" and "Mysterious Ways?" :sick:

And come on, Boner wearing dark sunglasses in doors and at night? :flirt:

And "The Edge" with the winter skull cap at all times too? :ph34r:

For this they get treated like royalty? :worthy:

I mean, seriously, no ... :thumbdown:

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this will offend a lot of people, but I'm sorry, it's U2. :oops:

Of ALL TIME? Dunno

Probably of my time.

Has to be the most pretentious band of my time. They are uninteresting in every conceivable way, IMO.

I thought you were going to get slammed with the U2 thing, but it's so true. They've been riding the same bass line for the last 5 or so albums. With the exception of "One" what do they have besides a couple of relaxing mood songs and a seemingly endless reel of uninspired time filler radio songs?

I'll also give a second to Nirvana. I remember a time when a framed picture Kurt Cobain was as common in a in a college kids apartment as a picture of the Queen in a North Ireland household.

Edited by Rob's House

Not nearly as over-rated as U2, simply because of their global following, but I will throw KISS into the arguement.

Well KISS certainly sucks. But don't most know they are a make-up bulls#it band? I know few who take them too seriously.

I know these won't be popular choices, but I will go Rush, Steely Dan and the Beach Boys... shame on you Beatle bashers! 0:)

Although I don't hate everything they have ever done, I could also agree with Springsteen and U2...

Edited by Buftex