QB Matt Leinart to Bills ??

papazoid

On sports center Schefter claim is Bills, Raiders and Giants expressed interest. Giants lost Sorgey so makes sense, Raiders love big arm QBs. If it was a trade Brohm for Leinhart I might take it since Fitz is gutsy and even though has a lousy arm wins with leadership. Maybe a change of scenery is what Leinhart needs not sure I am willing to go for that.

I really don't know why they hired Schefter, reporting has become such a joke. Lets see, Jamarcus Russel is released, the Bills, Browns and Seahawks are interested. What a joke, its not reporting its process of elimination.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leinart was great in college. Fitzy isn't the most accurate guy but Leinart isn't either in the NFL. He's been checking down a lot lately which keeps his completion percentage at a decent level but other than that not too much accuracy or good consistency. I'de say both qb's are fairly on par with each other with the exception of one thing. I can see our players rallying behind a leader like Fitz but not so much behind a whiner and complainer like Leinart. Just my 2 cents.

Your two cents are worth a lot more than you think, Pilsy. :thumbsup:

...but at the very least we got 4 cents off of your post.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I choose to believe this one (he said hopefully).

No, we are choosing Leinart over Edwards, and I am not listening to anyone else. I heard it on WGR, so it's true. My mind is made up. Bills suck, The Toronto Bills.

Bills suck. Toronto Bills. Bills suck. And I am a better fan than you, you homers. You are all homers. Bills suck, you homers. Toronto Bills.

What is it with Shefter? It seems he twitters crap thats not true. Wasn't it him that twittered a trade was imminent with us and Baltimore for Gaither? This guy has no credibility with me. :thumbdown:

1) QB becomes available.

2) List all teams you think need a QB.

3) Instant news story.

4) Get back to golf game.

PTR

That probably means its going to happen now.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/01/leinart-rumor-erroneous/

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on his twitter account that the Bills were one of three teams that have discussed trading for Arizona QB Matt Leinart along with the Raiders and Giants. That report is erroneous.

Buffalobills.com has confirmed that the Bills have not had any discussions with the Cardinals in regards to Matt Leinart and aren’t anticipating any in the future. The report is simply not true.

Wow, Schefter is off to a rough start today...

Updating a previous item, Byron Westbrook has not been released and will make the trip to Arizona for Thursday's preseason finale.

It's rare that ESPN's Adam Schefter gets anything wrong, let alone a story that involves his buddy Mike Shanahan. There's likely more than meets the eye on this story, but the fact remains that Brian's little brother is still fighting for his job.

Edited by Section444

No one knows a player better than their own team and coaches. That means not only how they play but how their team responds to them. By listening to Wisenhunt's comments, Leinhart does not inspire confidence of his coaches or teammates. We need a strong leader in Buffalo and Matt would not be that IMO!

You sure about that? Fitz won 3 or 4 games for us with last years line, injuries, coaching changes, etc.

Fitz is a decent backup that can step in and make some plays.

Fitz is a decent 3rd string option and that is it. The guy is absolutely not good. Though admittedly I can't say I'd rather have Leinart in there than Fitz. But Fitz is just a terrible QB. He does have guts and it seems he has a level head - but he is a horrendous passer and should never be counted on even in a backup role.

You know, looking at his stats, I stand corrected - Anderson is also pretty bad.

And yet, he was better than and will be starting over Leinart - why do we want Leinart again? Because we can have our own slightly older version of Sanchez?

Actually, Anderson was behind Leinart until now. Also, Anderson was let go by Cleveland, the team with the worst QB roster in the league.

Fitz is a decent 3rd string option and that is it. The guy is absolutely not good. Though admittedly I can't say I'd rather have Leinart in there than Fitz. But Fitz is just a terrible QB. He does have guts and it seems he has a level head - but he is a horrendous passer and should never be counted on even in a backup role.

He was our best QB last year. He won 4 games, more than our starter. What is your point again?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Simple.

You actually get the player with a trade. A cut player can sign wherever he chooses.

He's worth a 7th round flyer in 2011.

I'd take a chance on him for a 7th. Though he'd have to be willing to re-do his contract, he's due $7.36 million with a $5.5 million roster bonus in 2011.