This avatar censorship thing is annoying

eball

28 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of avatar censorship is acceptable?

• None (no holds barred)
    • Moderate (something one might see on E! or in an SI swimsuit issue is ok)
    • Strict (nothing provocative in any way)

Sooooo the FSU Cowgirls are no good?? It is football related, sort of, maybe?

personally, i "appreciate" them. i just really dont care either way. you can put that as your avatar, ill react to it the same way i did everyone else's, "meh".

i posted that i dont understand why people set those avatars, but you don't see me messaging people about them, or making threads with Polls asking whether they should be banned or not.

point is that SDS makes the rules and policies and if he gets rid of certain avatars, then so be it. it shouldn't be a big deal to anyone.

By the way...while everyone's talking about the "family-friendly" place this is supposed to be, please feel free to peruse the plethora of Wang jokes on the main board. If Junior is going to be offended by the girl in the bikini top, you better hope he doesn't read the thread about Wang on the field. And the level of language and insults hurled around this place isn't exactly what I'd characterize as warm 'n fuzzy.

In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, my complaint isn't about not being able to see half-naked girls while I'm here; it's the fact that there needs to be censorship in the first place -- particularly when administered in a seemingly arbitrary manner.

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the thoughtful opinions rather than just a "because those are the rules" or "get over yourself."

Anyone who has followed my posts over the *many* years I've been around knows I don't just post an avatar of cleavage to get my rocks off. The Garfield avatar was clever and amusing. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was the first avatar of anything remotely provocative I've ever used.

I certainly don't have to hang around here if I don't want to, but it still strikes me as ridiculous. Does that make me wrong?

Anyway, I'm glad some of you just wanted to take the opportunity to pretend you know *anything* about me, other than that I'm not afraid to challenge something I don't necessarily agree with.

I thought the Garfield avatar was amusing and completely harmless. In fact, if some kid asked his mom or dad what it was, it provided a valuable teaching opportunity, IMO. To me it was, in no way, offensive. That it was banned is beyond comprehension, to me.

With that said, you have complained in at least three threads in three different forums. SDS has seen your complaint. He has responded.

That's why I say, "Get over it." Time to move on.

I thought the Garfield avatar was amusing and completely harmless. In fact, if some kid asked his mom or dad what it was, it provided a valuable teaching opportunity, IMO. To me it was, in no way, offensive. That it was banned is beyond comprehension, to me.

With that said, you have complained in at least three threads in three different forums. SDS has seen your complaint. He has responded.

That's why I say, "Get over it." Time to move on.

I respectfully disagree, but thank you for explaining your point. You don't effect change by "going away" after being rebuffed once, twice, or even three times. If SDS wants to kick me off the board for creating such a stir, that's his prerogative.

In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, my complaint isn't about not being able to see half-naked girls while I'm here; it's the fact that there needs to be censorship in the first place -- particularly when administered in a seemingly arbitrary manner.

completely agreed. it's kinda sad that grown men would feel the need to act like 10 year olds and do things that need censoring. not to mention repeatedly whine and cry about getting their toy taken away from them.

you would hope everyone would be more mature than that. but i guess not...

I respectfully disagree, but thank you for explaining your point. You don't effect change by "going away" after being rebuffed once, twice, or even three times. If SDS wants to kick me off the board for creating such a stir, that's his prerogative.

How many times do you have to be rebuffed before you go away, yet still effect change?

i dont get this post, are you saying that you are going to continue this until either:

1. the board is opened up into a complete free for all

or

2. SDS bans you for being a pain in the ass

???

is that what you're working on?

When you registered, you agreed to the rules as determined by the site owner (SDS). If you don't like it, there are plenty of other message boards you can visit. Acting like a spoiled little child does not do much to support your argument that this site is primarily visited by 'adults.'

You really need to get over yourself.

belinda

i dont get this post, are you saying that you are going to continue this until either:

1. the board is opened up into a complete free for all

or

2. SDS bans you for being a pain in the ass

???

is that what you're working on?

I'm guessing #2 will happen long before #1

completely agreed. it's kinda sad that grown men would feel the need to act like 10 year olds and do things that need censoring. not to mention repeatedly whine and cry about getting their toy taken away from them.

you would hope everyone would be more mature than that. but i guess not...

...but whining and throwing a hissy fit and trying to disrupt the board as much as possible is the way an 'adult' would act.

Out of all the people here - you are are the only one who has done this. Congrats. :rolleyes:

If you think you're changing my mind - you're not. You're just making an ass of yourself. If you continue with this, about 4 months too late I may add, - you can go. That's up to you. If showing a half-naked girl painted as Garfield is that important to you then you'll just have to do it elsewhere.

With that this matter is officially closed.