Philly writer complaining about Eagles O-line

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked...shocked and stunned...very stunned.

Any player who quits on a team over money is not worth a nickel.

PTR

But wait, he was our probowl Left tackle. The great Jason Peters?! We should have just paid him, right? He wanted to be the highest paid LT in the league, so the Bills should have made him one. :bag:

Where are all the Peters lovers now? Thanks Philly for Eric Wood!

PTR

Not to pile on - or take anything away from peters, who I believe is still better than Bell at this point - but wasn't this basically the same criticism of him while he was here? Potentially dominant all the time, but very inconsistant. I guess the money didn't change him at all.

Well considering the shape he showed up in after his holdout here, he lsot his motivation even before he got the money.

i was going to quote and comment on your previous post with basically this ^^

he lost his motivation the second he began to think he really was "that good". in a flip of a switch, it turned from "I'm going to prove this to everyone" to "I want/deserve more". Once he got it in his head that he "deserved" more, it was over. And the nail in the coffin was Philly paying him. It's all downhill from there.

Of course, he got his money so what does he care?

KUDOS to the Bills front office on this. There was nothing else they couldve done. Peters and Parker did this all on their own.

Edited by DrDankenstein

I live in the Philly area. Writers, radio guys...etc were on him all last year for being lazy, unmotivated and really just not playing well. They are not happy with his play right now. Not my opinion but what I hear and read locally.

You should have heard the chit I got from Iggle fans last year. Who's crowing now? *points thumbs at self* THIS GUY.

PTR

Nice stuff PTR, thanks for the post.

Now, the real question is, who shows up first in defense? PDaDdy, DarthICE, or Thurman#1? Should we take bets? My money is on that idiot, PDaDdy. I swear he's got an alarm that goes off every time Peters' name is taken in vain. Thurman#1 lives in Japan, he doesn't come on till late, and I think DarthICE is more likely debating whether to hang himself or just swallow a bunch of pills since Trent is going to be our starting QB opening day.

Edited by Leonidas

Now, the real question is, who shows up first in defense? PDaDdy, DarthICE, or Thurman#1? Should we take bets? My money is on that idiot, PDaDdy. I swear he's got an alarm that goes off every time Peters' name is taken in vain. Thurman#1 lives in Japan, he doesn't come on till late, and I think DarthICE is more likely debating whether to hang himself or just swallow a bunch of pills since Trent is going to be our starting QB opening day.

:blink: Wow. Take that!

He lost his motivation because he took the cash and ran.

My link

jogged slowly...fixed it

laughed

laughed even harder!

....I just might like you yet Leonidas!

Edited by EastRochBillsfan

But wait, he was our probowl Left tackle. The great Jason Peters?! We should have just paid him, right? He wanted to be the highest paid LT in the league, so the Bills should have made him one. :bag:

Where are all the Peters lovers now? Thanks Philly for Eric Wood!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Living in Eagles land, where it's Eagles 24/7, I don't think the Eagles will be as good as the media is forecasting. The team has holes on defense, very inconsistent offensive line, untested running backs, and an untested QB. Buffalo has looked better moving the ball in the preseason than the Eagles have in three games.

I must admit that I was one who said the Bills were crazy for letting the Peters situation go bad and trading him away. As I eat humble pie I laugh because for a change the Bills seem to have gotten the better of the deal for a change. Kudos to the front office on this one.

I must admit that I was one who said the Bills were crazy for letting the Peters situation go bad and trading him away. As I eat humble pie I laugh because for a change the Bills seem to have gotten the better of the deal for a change. Kudos to the front office on this one.

i just dont understand how anyone could blame the Bills for what happened.

it was THE BILLS that took a chance on JP after he went undrafted.

it was THE BILLS that found a spot for him on the roster before he was ever switched to Oline.

it was THE BILLS who taught him how to play line.

it was THE BILLS who renegotiated his contract, years before it was due.

it was JP and EP who decided that none of that meant anything to them, and held the team hostage until they got what they (unfairly and undeservedly) wanted.

it was JP who showed up out of shape and not ready to play (which im sure helped cause that injury that everyone uses as an excuse).

it was JP who ADMITTED his head wasnt in the game because of "money/contract issues" (even though he was making over a million dollars a year already, and was only 2-3 years into a contract he signed)

regardless of how JP has played in Philly, how was this ever on the Bills "for letting the Peters situation go bad and trading him away"?

I always thought Peters was overrated but he's better than Green and Bell combined times 10.

:lol::w00t:

i just dont understand how anyone could blame the Bills for what happened.

it was THE BILLS that took a chance on JP after he went undrafted.

it was THE BILLS that found a spot for him on the roster before he was ever switched to Oline.

it was THE BILLS who taught him how to play line.

it was THE BILLS who renegotiated his contract, years before it was due.

it was JP and EP who decided that none of that meant anything to them, and held the team hostage until they got what they (unfairly and undeservedly) wanted.

it was JP who showed up out of shape and not ready to play (which im sure helped cause that injury that everyone uses as an excuse).

it was JP who ADMITTED his head wasnt in the game because of "money/contract issues" (even though he was making over a million dollars a year already, and was only 2-3 years into a contract he signed)

regardless of how JP has played in Philly, how was this ever on the Bills "for letting the Peters situation go bad and trading him away"?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sums up the whole Peters situation. Great post!