Marcus Stroud

JPS

I just watched the Bills-Bengals game and I thought Stroud looked awful. For a 300 lb man, he was pushed around easily and just couldn't hold the point of attack at all. Anyone else notice?? I just kept asking myself what does Stroud well?

My question: Is Marcus Stroud's position on this team safe?

If one assumes the Bills are in total rebuilding mode(which I do not) and if they were up against a salary cap(which there is not one) then he could be traded for a low round pick to a team that plays a 4-3 defense.

That aint happening.

My hunch is he will play well at DE and that he is going through the motions of the pre-season just like a veteran should. His only task - don't get hurt. I would be shocked if he even dresses for Detroit.

I agree, he did not look very good against Cinci. I think that he and the rest of the DEs are looking much better in practice going against the Bills OTs than they are going to look in games against NFL quality players. Still, he and Edwards are the best they've got right now and they're decent. I think the problems the Bills are having on defense are primarily due to the LBs- just like last season.

I agree, he did not look very good against Cinci. I think that he and the rest of the DEs are looking much better in practice going against the Bills OTs than they are going to look in games against NFL quality players. Still, he and Edwards are the best they've got right now and they're decent. I think the problems the Bills are having on defense are primarily due to the LBs- just like last season.

OK, then..

OK, then..

We're talking about Marcus Stroud, right? It's a departure for him that he's even in camp! He's the best we have. He'll be fine.

We're talking about Marcus Stroud, right? It's a departure for him that he's even in camp! He's the best we have. He'll be fine.

I thought Stroud looked the same in the Cincy game as he did most of last year. He may be in fantastic shape, but it seems to me he gets moved at the O-line's will and just makes very little diffeerence out there.

Do you guys really thing he's that good? Maybe I'm delusional. I dunno.

You can say that again!

I also noticed that he was totally ineffective.

Spencer Johnson and the kid Carrington are waiting in the wings. Come to think of it,

McCargo looked better! :blink:

Spencer Johnson is more apt to be on the chopping block than Stroud. Buffalo Rumbling's opines that Carrington won't see the field much at all early in the season do to the effective play of Edwards and Stroud thus far.

Stroud is one of our best linemen on either side of the ball. I have this strange feeling we'll look at 3rd and 4th string players to cut, not our starters.

Darn, the "vote this post down" feature still isn't working....

I just watched the Bills-Bengals game and I thought Stroud looked awful. For a 300 lb man, he was pushed around easily and just couldn't hold the point of attack at all. Anyone else notice?? I just kept asking myself what does Stroud well?

My question: Is Marcus Stroud's position on this team safe?

No chance. He is the best DE on the team.

Watch the games closer and consider recording and reviewing the plays.

No he looked pretty good or at least NFL caliber in the other two games (From what I saw) the guy is better then what we have and cutting him would hurt the depth of the D-line big time and hurt the locker room. This team needs veteran leadership and Stroud provides just that and he is more then a serviceable NFL Lineman.

Stroud looked great against the first two preseason opponents. I was much more concerned about the linebacking play than Stroud's play. Kelsay looks confused out there.

Its hard to switch positions. Esp hard to switch in the NFL after playing another for so many years. LBs will be exploited all year.