Spiller = Jackson's TD production for the whole year in 3 preseaso

PDaDdy

Sooo....all you Fred Jackson was the best RB on our team fans. CJ Spiller in just over a game and a half worth of football in preseason has already equaled Fred Jackson's production for a whole year. I love Freddy but he is not a franchise back. Gailey knew it. Kix knew it. And, now we know it too. He is a great change of pace try hard effective back but TDs score points! Even Marshawn was considerably better at it than Freddy.

That being said. I'm glad we have all 3 but how does Spiller go back to the bench at this point?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo....all you Fred Jackson was the best RB on our team fans. CJ Spiller in just over a game and a half worth of football in preseason has already equaled Fred Jackson's production for a whole year. I love Freddy but he is not a franchise back. Gailey knew it. Kix knew it. And, now we know it too. He is a great change of pace try hard effective back but TDs score points! Even Marshawn was considerably better at it than Freddy.

That being said. I'm glad we have all 3 but how does Spiller go back to the bench at this point?

Spiller turns those nice, 10-12 yard runs by Jackson into 25-30 yard TD's...

You're playing my song PDaDdy. For all you folks out there in love with Freddy, Marshawn get's the ball in the endzone, and unless they have changed the game recently, it's points that determine the winner, not yards. And by the way, so much has been made of Jacksons 1000 yard season, but if you do the math that comes to a 62.5 YPG average. That standard was a little different during a 14 game schedule, but not quite the benchmark anymore. I am lovin CJ though. Hope it continues when the games count.

Freddy was never our TD guy. Notice how whenever we got into the red zone we would put Lynch in to grind out the yards. The only time he'd score was on long runs or if Marshawn was out. Beyond that this is the pre-season and he hasn't played one actual game yet. That said I do think Spiller will end up the better back but Jackson is still the man.

yeah, he equaled Fred's total from LAST season. Guided by Van Pelt's remarkable play calling.

Didn't Lynch have the same OC??? He had the same number of TD's on 1/2 the touches. 120 to 237. I like Freddy alot. He is very versatile. But unfortunatly, Freddy is a nice change of pace but he will never be a star.

Edited by Tarkus II

Freddy was never our TD guy. Notice how whenever we got into the red zone we would put Lynch in to grind out the yards. The only time he'd score was on long runs or if Marshawn was out. Beyond that this is the pre-season and he hasn't played one actual game yet. That said I do think Spiller will end up the better back but Jackson is still the man.

That indicates a weakness in Freddy's game. If you are the #1 RB of the team, you also should be the go to guy in the Redzone.

That indicates a weakness in Freddy's game. If you are the #1 RB of the team, you also should be the go to guy in the Redzone.

Well I guess that makes Marshawn the number one guy because Spiller isn't big enough to be grinding for yards. I don't even know why you brought up "If you are the #1 RB of the team" since there is no real #1. We have 3 great running backs who each fill in for each others faults.

fred Jackson in my opinion is a better rb than lynch, but to each his own, but for guys to root against an underdog and instead a thuggish punk makes me scratch my head. Jackson has been every bit as productive as Marthug, is a great guy, is a division 2 running back that made it, wasn't the 12th pick in the draft, doesn't run over people and leave the seen of an accident, doesn't have unregistered handguns, doesn't threaten to hold out and ask for a trade, steal peoples' 20 dollar bills. I realize it was a run on sentence but the above are the reasons Fred Jackson is one of my favorites on this team, and Marthug in my opinion is a piece of s$$$!

You're playing my song PDaDdy. For all you folks out there in love with Freddy, Marshawn get's the ball in the endzone, and unless they have changed the game recently, it's points that determine the winner, not yards. And by the way, so much has been made of Jacksons 1000 yard season, but if you do the math that comes to a 62.5 YPG average. That standard was a little different during a 14 game schedule, but not quite the benchmark anymore. I am lovin CJ though. Hope it continues when the games count.

How quickly we forget that Jackson provided much more than rushing yards. 2474 yards from scrimmage rushing, receiving, returning and passing was second only to Chris Johnson's record breaking 2509. Jackson deserves to be the starter because he is a football player, period.

Spiller also needs the touches, but don't be so quick to exile Jackson to the bench.

How quickly we forget that Jackson provided much more than rushing yards. 2474 yards from scrimmage rushing, receiving, returning and passing was second only to Chris Johnson's record breaking 2509. Jackson deserves to be the starter because he is a football player, period.

Spiller also needs the touches, but don't be so quick to exile Jackson to the bench.

Hate to break it to you buy TD's is what the game is all about. The yards look nice but no one won a game by leading it in statistics. Also, freddies yard/ return was not all that significant. If anyone returned Kickoffs as often as he did his yard total would be high but look at the average. That is more of a reflection of how bad our defense was. I like FJ, he has a role, but he is not and will not ever be a star.

Hate to break it to you buy TD's is what the game is all about. The yards look nice but no one won a game by leading it in statistics. Also, freddies yard/ return was not all that significant. If anyone returned Kickoffs as often as he did his yard total would be high but look at the average. That is more of a reflection of how bad our defense was. I like FJ, he has a role, but he is not and will not ever be a star.

Sure TD's is what the game's all about but you get TD's by getting down the field. You're arguing that Freddy isn't good enough because he isn't scoring TD's. I hate to break it to you but football is a team sport and the game is about more than one playing scoring TD's. Just because Freddy isn't scoring all the TD's doesn't mean he isn't helping the team score.

Except for home-run hitter breakaway TDs by RBs, there is no more overrated stat in the NFL than the rushing TD. The reverence for it is a product of fantasy football's popularity. Next thing you know, people will start saying that Barry Sanders wasn't the best RB since OJ (which he was). Basically, if you're near the goal line and the team hands it off to you, you've got as decent a shot as any RB to score if you're a good RB (as Jackson is). If they don't hand it off to you at the three or four yard line, you have no chance to score. Basically, the fantasy emphasis on RB TDs devalues the nice 12 yard run from your own 20 and instead hands out points for the 1 yard TD (eg, late career Marcus Allen, who was the beneficiary of a well designed KC offense). The Bills neither had many chances in the "low" red zone nor handed it off much to Jackson down there.

Having said this, it's obvious that Spiller has home run hitter talent.

Edited by dave mcbride

I would even take it a step further and say "Stable" of rb's... They all seem to be ballers... We know what we have in ML... FJ is a gamer and CJ could be a game changer. Joique Bell (sp?) is good too. It's one poaition we seem to be pretty good at.

Yay!!! Let's bash a good Bill to praise another!!!

Crazy thought: why can't we just be happy that we have the best trio of rbs in the league?