Chan Gailey admonishes a group of fans

Guest dog14787

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing united means allot to our new HC Chan Gailey, and he's not just talking about the team,

Chris Brown reports http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/24/chan-admonishes-group-of-fans/

My kids are there again today (8th time total and 3rd day in a row, geesh :) ) and they got Trents autograph among others and almost a glove. Good to know they weren't in the a-hole section :)

Guest dog14787

Now would you have posted this if the player the fans were heckling was anyone else BUT Fanning-Fan Edwards? :rolleyes:

and you Senator are the type of fella that would have ruined it for the normal fans who actual root for the whole team and not just part of it,

I wonder how some of the normal fans in that particular group Gailey addressed felt towards the A-holes who couldn't keep the traps shut like a bunch of cry babies crying for attention,

Edited by dog14787

Standing united means allot to our new HC Chan Gailey, and he's not just talking about the team,

Chris Brown reports http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/24/chan-admonishes-group-of-fans/

I love it. I bet the players do too.

Anybody that heckles our own players in practice, no matter who it is, shouldn't be considered a fan at all. Rather, they are immature aholes that simply act to drag our fanbase down to the lowest common denominator. Our fanbase used to be one of, if not the best in the business. Not anymore. Just look at this board.....there used to be a lot of great posters who debated their points with respect....though some remain you don't hear from them as much and some who contributed greatly, like Lori, have been driven off.....maybe once school starts it will get back to normal

I'm certainly not going to say "Oh, but Trent is so amazing, how could we boo him?"

The man has not lived up to expectations, of that there can be no doubt. But it's still preseason.If we're tearing each other down now, can you imagine the furious mudslinging and backbiting among Buffalo Bills fans that will ensue.

Oh right, we can look at this board for the past year. <_<

The more I see Chan Gailey the more I like him. Great stuff. Obviously, it remains to be seen how much success he has here, but he certainly has gotten off on the right foot. He seems to have the right attitude to get things turned around here. The fans have the right to heckel I suppose, but the team doesn't have to like it.

We do have every right to boo. But why the hell would you go out of your way to go to a training camp practice you went to for free and bother a man while he is at work, getting ready for a game? People seem to forget these guys are at work. Why bother him there? Boo at the game if he srews up, but not while he's preparing for a game. It would be like booing a band during sound check. It's counterproductive. He is the QB for now so let him get his work in in peace. There isn't another QB coming right this second.

Gailey has grown on me a lot, but this is one thing I don't like. In essence, he's hurting the good fans who cannot get autographs because of a few bad apples. Not to mention that it's a fan's right to heckle. Not something I would do, but it's their right I think. It's part of the deal. Maybe less so at a free practice as opposed to paying for a ticket at a game, but still. There is still free speech and the fans have a right to yell. I don't mind him laying into those fans, that's actually pretty cool. If they can dish it out they can take it. But to stop his players from giving autographs to the good fans, too, who look forward to it doesn't seem right to me.

Chan must have needed to release a bit of pressure. All of the recent injuries are starting to slow down the development of his offense.

Kind of a good political move to help the players build solidarity.

Good for Gailey. There's no freedom of speech rights when you're invited onto private property to attend a private function. As ill behaved guests, Gailey could have had them removed, his response was fine. It's a shame for the "good" fans in that section, but maybe they'll be less tolerant of such sophmoric behavior. A little thinking can go a long way -- it's amazing how many brains (and characters) get checked at the door of sports events.