Bravo, Ron Paul

RonPaul.com

This issue is bringing out the ugliest side of Americans. It is utter insanity, fanned by cynical politicians who wish to use this issue for their own gain, while unleashing a beast that may destroy the world. Thank heavens one REAL conservative has the courage to speak out.

PTR

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RonPaul.com

This issue is bringing out the ugliest side of Americans. It is utter insanity, fanned by cynical politicians who wish to use this issue for their own gain, while unleashing a beast that may destroy the world. Thank heavens one REAL conservative has the courage to speak out.

PTR

Oh I'm sure his son feels the same way...

Yep.

Doesn't mean he doesn't have a point, though I'm sure the irony of his anti-demagoguery demagoguery is lost on him.

while I don't agree with all of Ron Paul's positions he always strikes me as an honest guy who has the Country's best interests at heart.

RonPaul.com

PTR

Ron Paul should get his facts straight. He states that the Speaker of the House is demanding an investigation of the "funding of the mosque" when in fact Queen Nancy is demanding an investigation of who is "funding" the protests against the location of the mosque. Quite telling though where her mind is. She doesn't understand that people can have an opinion without some mysterious group like moveon.org being behind it and funding it.

RonPaul.com

PTR

He fails to address the concern that the project might be funded in part by money from terrorist groups or supporters of terrorism and that there could be an intent for the facility to be used for purposes other than peaceful religios worship. The NYC board that approved the project should have IMO done more to investigate this and would be in a much better position to defend their decision had they done so.

He fails to address the concern that the project might be funded in part by money from terrorist groups or supporters of terrorism and that there could be an intent for the facility to be used for purposes other than peaceful religios worship.

Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?

Nice job with the fear mongering. Thought you neocons hated it when the lefties did it? That's right everyone, a church in Manhattan is the thing that finally brought down the republic.

The NYC board that approved the project should have IMO done more to investigate this and would be in a much better position to defend their decision had they done so.

Wait, a government entity failing to provide oversight? There's news.

RonPaul.com

PTR

Little flair for the dramatic there? Or do you believe that?

Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?

Nice job with the fear mongering. Thought you neocons hated it when the lefties did it? That's right everyone, a church in Manhattan is the thing that finally brought down the republic.

Wait, a government entity failing to provide oversight? There's news.

Nobody's on trial so the standard of innocence until proven guilty doesn't apply at all. It's not about that. At this point I'm not against the Mosque or for it in that location either. My point is simply that the concern (and it's a real concern IMO) for the real purpose for putting it there, who is funding it and why are they funding it has not been answered as far as I can see. If it's built and it turns out later that it was funded in part by terrorist groups or if the same groups hail the facility as a victory monument or if Pro-terror anti-American events occur there - we're going to have a big problem. You have to admit, it's a bad fit for the neighborhood.

Yes, the City of New York should have and still should take a look closer look under the covers.

The NYC board that approved the project should have IMO done more to investigate this and would be in a much better position to defend their decision had they done so.

They actually went to the lengths of getting a formal written legal opinion saying "If you deny permission to build because it's a mosque, you will get ass-!@#$ed in court on First Amendment grounds."*

How much more investigating were they supposed to do?

*Yes, I'm paraphrasing.

Edited by DC Tom

They actually went to the lengths of getting a formal written legal opinion saying "If you deny permission to build because it's a mosque, you will get ass-!@#$ed in court on First Amendment grounds."*

How much more investigating were they supposed to do?

*Yes, I'm paraphrasing.

They should have prayed to Jesus to find out if he approves.

You !@#$ing clowns dont even realize that you are illustrating the exact tendencies of what you claim to despise.

What dont you look up the term "bigot" and take a long look in the mirror, you horses asses.

Edited by RkFast

Nobody's on trial so the standard of innocence until proven guilty doesn't apply at all. It's not about that.

It is about that, regardless of whether we're talking about a trial or not. The fact of the matter is, you and other "conservatives" give carte !@#$ing blanche when your masters want to do whatever (you know, start illegal/unethical wars, build things like Homeland Security, etc) but when someone wants to build a church you go all "Inch High Private Eye". Way to keep things in perspective.

At this point I'm not against the Mosque or for it in that location either.

Which is why you're regurgitating points made on Fox News over the last week, right?

My point is simply that the concern (and it's a real concern IMO) for the real purpose for putting it there, who is funding it and why are they funding it has not been answered as far as I can see.

I'll believe you care about that when you turn the same critical eye toward the things that your core beliefs are based on. You likely don't and probably won't.

If it's built and it turns out later that it was funded in part by terrorist groups or if the same groups hail the facility as a victory monument or if Pro-terror anti-American events occur there - we're going to have a big problem.

Really? A big problem? Compared to what? Throwing the Constitution out the window (which is one of the funniest things you "conservatives" like to lob at liberals when they're doing the same thing)?

You have to admit, it's a bad fit for the neighborhood.

:lol: I don't have to "admit" anything. I don't care even a little if they put up a big church or where they put it. Americans are !@#$ing up America far faster than any memorial/tribute ever could.

Yes, the City of New York should have and still should take a look closer look under the covers.

Congrats on getting one right.

Nobody's on trial so the standard of innocence until proven guilty doesn't apply at all. It's not about that. At this point I'm not against the Mosque or for it in that location either. My point is simply that the concern (and it's a real concern IMO) for the real purpose for putting it there, who is funding it and why are they funding it has not been answered as far as I can see. If it's built and it turns out later that it was funded in part by terrorist groups or if the same groups hail the facility as a victory monument or if Pro-terror anti-American events occur there - we're going to have a big problem. You have to admit, it's a bad fit for the neighborhood.

Since when is that the State's business during construction?

It is about that, regardless of whether we're talking about a trial or not. The fact of the matter is, you and other "conservatives" give carte !@#$ing blanche when your masters want to do whatever (you know, start illegal/unethical wars, build things like Homeland Security, etc) but when someone wants to build a church you go all "Inch High Private Eye". Way to keep things in perspective.

Which is why you're regurgitating points made on Fox News over the last week, right?

I'll believe you care about that when you turn the same critical eye toward the things that your core beliefs are based on. You likely don't and probably won't.

Really? A big problem? Compared to what? Throwing the Constitution out the window (which is one of the funniest things you "conservatives" like to lob at liberals when they're doing the same thing)?

:lol: I don't have to "admit" anything. I don't care even a little if they put up a big church or where they put it. Americans are !@#$ing up America far faster than any memorial/tribute ever could.

Congrats on getting one right.

Congratulations on providing many of us on this board even more evidence that you are the biggest !@#$ on this board. With each additional post you simply lengthen your lead. You simnply cannot respond to anything without the unfounded faceless personal attacks. You're simply a nobody with a big mouth. Go ahead and respond and dig yourself an even deeper hole. !@#$ing Putz.

Congratulations on providing many of us on this board even more evidence that you are the biggest !@#$ on this board.

Us? Somehow I doubt I'd care about the opinions of anyone who'd let you speak for them. You're nothing more than a typical "conservative" drone who is pretty much incapable of thinking for himself. But thanks anyway, I stopped caring about popularity in grade school.

With each additional post you simply lengthen your lead.

I'm gonna need a foam finger.

You simnply cannot respond to anything without the unfounded faceless personal attacks. You're simply a nobody with a big mouth. Go ahead and respond and dig yourself an even deeper hole. !@#$ing Putz.

Actually, I responded with plenty of things - including questions you chose not to answer because you'd be showing your inadequacy even further for all the world to see. You hypocritical "reply" is a far larger indictment than anything I could have posted. But go ahead and try pretending you're a victim. It's humorous.